Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce

Being linked with Sunderland, Oxford and Portsmouth along the bottom of Sky Sports news, do you think he’ll be off?

Comments

• It will be a shame as he is a decent bloke, a leader and a proper battle, but maybe not first choice in a higher league material.
  • Bowyer rates him I can see him starting in front of sarr 
    We will almost certainly have a wafer thin squad thanks to Roland. 
    Both need to stay.
  • Think we had the same thing around this time last season with him. Smacks to me of a push to get a contract renewal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he’s just completed his UEFA A coaching badge looking at his Instagram. May be after a role involving coaching if Charlton can offer him that.
  • Leuth said:
    He's certainly not Championship quality on the ball but he's a good defender and we're unlikely to find much better as a replacement
    This. For me Sarr goes in to the season ahead of him, but you need depth at CB and he provides that. I think it's noteworthy that as soon as he captained Wigan to promotion, they turned around and sold him. 

I'm not his biggest fan, but I would definitely keep hold of him. 
  • I hope Bowyer isn't "forced" by RD to let players go, on a promise of replacements that will never arrive.
  • Can you justify one of your highest earners being your second choice LCB?  I like Pearce but he has always struggled at championship level.  As its been said Wigan sold him to us.

If he is sold for "football reasons" I am fine with that, if its for "other reasons" not so much. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can you justify one of your highest earners being your second choice LCB?  I like Pearce but he has always struggled at championship level.  As its been said Wigan sold him to us.

If he is sold for "football reasons" I am fine with that, if its for "other reasons" not so much. 
    Yes totally justified. If you let Pearce leave you either have to bring in someone to replace Sarr which will be extremely difficult on our budget or you bring in someone to sit on the bench probably no better than Pearce.

You can't change the contracts that have been signed and circumstances also change once contracts have been signed, look at Ajose he was loaned out but no doubt on more money than Taylor and Grant possibly combined.
  • Did Pearce leave Leeds and Wigan as soon as they were promoted or just Wigan? 
    He was signed by Leeds from Pompey having just come off a full season of second tier football. He then played three consecutive seasons at Championship level for Leeds before joining Wigan who were then also a Championship club.
  • not sure Wigan wanted get rid of him, thought he wanted a move back down south
  • I have a hard time seeing how we’ll have four CBs better than Jason at the club next season. In fact, I would expect him to be starting in the back five.

Naby plays well when he can maraud forward as we can dominate weaker opposition but he showed that he still struggles with his back against the wall, as seen in the play off final. We will be doing a lot of that next season.
    Exactly
  • Sponsored links:

He was signed by Leeds from Pompey having just come off a full season of second tier football. He then played three consecutive seasons at Championship level for Leeds before joining Wigan who were then also a Championship club.
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up, I thought he played for Leeds when they were in league 1 in the back of my head then moved on. Was thinking he may just not fancy the step up but that's not the case.

We would be bonkers to let him go anyway, proper defender, won't see him make a howler like Stones did the other night. We need one centre back in and then we're good to go in that department
  • I’d only think about selling him if we had a chance at getting Morrison back
  • At the moment we only have Sarr and Pearce for CB next season. 
    Not a chance.

I can't see Pearce playing at half-back in the Bielik role whilst BeckenSarr languishes in central defence.

The Enforcer will play in front of Pearce.

😀
  • I have a feeling that a couple of posters on here will get a shock next season when they see Sarr in the Championship.  Decent at L1 he will be a liability who can pass in the Championship.  Pearce way better equiped
  • I have a feeling that a couple of posters on here will get a shock next season when they see Sarr in the Championship.  Decent at L1 he will be a liability who can pass in the Championship.  Pearce way better equiped
    So why has he played the last 4 seasons in league 1?  It's not like he is an unknown enitiy, like maybe Sarr.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I have a feeling that a couple of posters on here will get a shock next season when they see Sarr in the Championship.  Decent at L1 he will be a liability who can pass in the Championship.  Pearce way better equiped
    So why has he played the last 4 seasons in league 1?  It's not like he is an unknown enitiy, like maybe Sarr.  
    Didnt he leave Wigan because he wanted to move back down South?
    I hope so.
  • He will stay. It’s not in doubt.
  • Not sure I want him to go, can't see us replacing him with any better right now.