Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD speaks

Comments

• Options
    THIS is exactly what I was implying in my earlier brief post.

Basically it's examining pretty much everything that the Rat states and then responding to each, for want of a better word, lie, with the truth of the matter. 

AND it's now out there for everyone to see. 

I honestly don't know where we go from here, except to watch this space and fervently hope that, as a Lifer posted this afternoon, this is finally the beginning of the end of this seriously deluded Belgian. 

IF the status quo remains at the end of this month, then I fear we may start the new season without our manager, with only  a handful of experienced players  and before long, a  view of the Championship table from its lowest point...

Would this be the time for revolting fans ?

:neutral:  
  • Options
    The bloke is a vindictive bag of shit
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan you are the definition of a revolting fan ;)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    How was he persuaded to sell Standard Liege?
    I seem to recall him only selling up when the protests got violent. Just saying...
    No, it was after STVV were promoted to the top tier in Belgium and he could only own one of them.

I’m sure Standard fans storming into his office was a few years beforehand.
  • Options
    PWR: Can admin add the word shit to the end of the thread title please. Muchos gracias
  • Options
    Ok on reading again it's actually depressing, especially after reading Ricks piece. So he has rejected a deal with 45 million and everything covered. Quite literally no one else is going to offer more unless they have an affinity for our club.

Even when you read Roland's message it's basically set up for if Bowyer leaves he can say he offered him a deal. He wants youth through so he can flog them on while he waits. It's actually unbelievable.

I'm starting to think the only way we will ever be rid of of him is if he dies of old age or one of us wins the lottery. 

Average age expectancy is 80 in Belgium, just throwing it out there 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan you are the definition of a revolting fan ;)

And proud of it ! 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    A great piece by Airman.

The purpose of Roland's statement is, as ever, to deflect blame and to suggest that nothing is his fault - whether it be the delay in Lee Bowyer signing a new contract, our minuscule Championship budget or prospective purchasers refusing to cover his largely  self-inflicted losses with an exorbitant purchase price. The reference to the former directors' loans is surely another smokescreen in circumstances where the sums in issue are, relatively speaking, peanuts in the context of Premier League Sky money.

Roland's pronouncements are, as ever, inconsistent and contradictory. For example, whilst he says that "there have been some brilliant players to come through our academy this season and we will continue to bring players through next year", he has lamentably failed to contractually tie down players like Grant and Aribo, whilst Anfernee Dijksteel will doubtless be the next Academy player to leave for a knock down price in January or for nothing next summer.

On the subject of small budgets, how much does he think it will cost to replace the BFG, not to mention Aribo, or to find another striker of Lyle Taylor's calibre ?

One of Duchatelet's major problems is that he only ever seems to be capable of  focusing on the expenses of running a football club. He seems incapable of considering, targeting and promoting an increase in turnover.

Finally, I can only interpret his statement that the "owner and fans are stuck together" as some kind of wind up, Perhaps Duchatelet gets off on this and that is enough for him 
  • Options
    I changed my mind. I agree with what the others are saying. The connection with Ebbsfleet was way off the mark. As for low budget and thinking we can stay up on a very low budget and play youth players he is on a different universe to anyone else. We need a huge injection of decent players with at least £5 million. So gut wrenching he is a billionaire but won't sell at a reasonable price and be done with us and won't give us the tools to stay up. We don't care about going up next season we just need new owners and a team that will stay up and stabilise in future. Neither of these things will happen whilst this idiot runs this club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he sold up when he stitched up Standard financially.
    Too true.
  • Options
    Surely the land ie Valley is not valued the same as developable property because it is only allowed to be used for sporting purposes? He is totally deluded
  • Options
    So in a nutshell have I got this right?

Potential new owners are willing to pay for the club lock stock and barrel.
    For the price they are willing to pay they want a clean bill of health with no outstanding loans on the sheet. 

One such current outstanding financial commitment is monies owed to a group of ex directors who loaned the club £7 million between them to keep the club afloat during Murray's tenure. This money is due to be repaid if and when the club reach the premier League. It is interest free. But they are due back exactly the amount they put in.

Duchatelet has previously offered them a derisory amount in repayment to get it cleared. The offer was declined.

We are now in a quagmire. The new investment group want it cleared. They do not see why they should have to fork out £7 million should the club reach the prem. It is the current owners responsibility to clear that. He is unwilling to do so, or at least for the full amount.
     Whether that is because he was stupid enough to buy the club with it hanging around its neck and thinks others should be as stupid or because he is just tight and nasty I know not.

The club's future is dependent on either the current owner, the ex directors or the new investment group blinking. It appears none are willing to do so.
  • Options
    It needs to ramp up and affect his home life daily his families home life daily and to a greater degree his business life in Belgium daily   
    I agree with his business life but surely it cannot be right involving his family.

• Options
    Think he sold up when he stitched up Standard financially.
    Too true.
    Unless the sale process began much earlier
  • Options
    It needs to ramp up and affect his home life daily his families home life daily and to a greater degree his business life in Belgium daily   
    Important we keep it above board though. hasslimg his family and stuff isn't right even though hes a low life. 
  • Options
    So in a nutshell have I got this right?

Potential new owners are willing to pay for the club lock stock and barrel.
    For the price they are willing to pay they want a clean bill of health with no outstanding loans on the sheet. 

One such current outstanding financial commitment is monies owed to a group of ex directors who loaned the club £7 million between them to keep the club afloat during Murray's tenure. This money is due to be repaid if and when the club reach the premier League. It is interest free. But they are due back exactly the amount they put in.

Duchatelet has previously offered them a derisory amount in repayment to get it cleared. The offer was declined.

We are now in a quagmire. The new investment group want it cleared. They do not see why they should have to fork out £7 million should the club reach the prem. It is the current owners responsibility to clear that. He is unwilling to do so, or at least for the full amount.
     Whether that is because he was stupid enough to buy the club with it hanging around its neck and thinks others should be as stupid or because he is just tight and nasty I know not.

The club's future is dependent on either the current owner, the ex directors or the new investment group blinking. It appears none are willing to do so.
    sounds bang on. what I cant figure though is why he speaks in such certain terms about next season indicating the deal is nowhere near completion. 
  • Options
    I'm just re watching the game. its heartbreaking. there is such hope and excitement. please roland harness this.

all we need from him is a little bit of investment like he did on 2014 and even summer 2015 with the purchase of ajose Pearce and Ricky. 

the must dos are:

retain Bowyer
    retain bauer, aribo, Taylor, 
    loan back bielik and Cullen 
    buy purringtom

then let Bowyer try to work his magic with  frees and back him on wages 

if you cant sell now RD at least do these things 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Airman Brown is that Duchatelet abbreviated Voice of the Valley to “VOV” rather than the traditional “VotV”! 
  • Options
    The contradiction  between him saying a sale is close and setting out low budget plans for next season is alarming 
  • Options
    Lol and his comms team are supporting him with orchestrated support on Twitter. 

So two  things clear:

1 He wants to make his profit through the land value and,
    2 attendances matter (eg the incentive rumoured in Bowyer’s contract offer) and therefore boycotting does hurt him. 

• Options
    I agree with his business life but surely it cannot be right involving his family.

Don’t worry about it - they probably hate him as well.
  • Options
    The contradiction  between him saying a sale is close and setting out low budget plans for next season is alarming 
    I think that’s probably brinkmanship/ negotiation tactics, if he appears desperate a buyer will smell a price reduction.

still trying to distill some actual news/value from this all this other than it’s not my fault etc

Some of the contradictory stuff is certainly worth bringing to the next FF which makes the delay rather more disappointing 
  • Options
    Huh? If it hadn’t have been delayed then this nonsense would have come out the day after it?..
  • Options
    Message to bowyer , players been offered contracts and directors owed money tell Roland to f#ck off.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Huh? If it hadn’t have been delayed then this nonsense would have come out the day after it?..
    Indeed but a more sensical update might have been the result, we now have weeks until that can happen