Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life End of Season Thank You's 2018/19

So as in time honoured tradition we normally like to finish the season by publicly dishing out some praise and gratitude for the unsung heroes amongst us (and to provide some behind the scenes insight into the debauchery that occurs at the End of Season Wrap Party at CL Towers).

You’d think the latter would be the hottest ticket in town after the recent celebrations. Sadly, nothing could be further from the truth. @Stig stuck to his principles and continued his boycott of the event. In this instance there was no doubt that boycotters were firmly in the right as @cabbles bored everyone into submission reading extracts from his new book ‘A-Men – Tales from coach journeys on the A roads of Britain’. Even @Curb_It   turned down Sauvignon Blanc to make an early escape…

It’s been a unique year {} with the ongoing uncertainty backdrop and Roland bizarrely reading out quotes from this forum on national radio. But the overriding feeling is it has also been a hugely enjoyable season culminating in the thrilling end of season play offs. After some miserable years I think we’ll all agree it helped bring the forum alive again and monthly site traffic for May was the highest since Jan 16.  The post-Wembley collection of members photos have been one of the most enjoyable threads for years.

Through the season there have been a collection of superstars that have helped keep familiarity ticking over on the site. @ForeverAddickted has done a herculean effort turning out a brilliant preview for 50+ fixtures, an amazing effort. @ross1 (aidly assisted by others) has led on providing commentary throughout the match threads, and @lancashire lad has once again done a fantastic shift crunching all those player marks and compiling the brilliant Statbank.

Alongside this, @shirty5 , @paulbaconsarnie and @thai malaysia addick have done a tremendous job governing the regular competitions that were so popular (congratulations to  @Addickted2TheReds , @Bedsaddick , @RedChaser and @eaststandmike on your victories), while our band of six site moderators once again helped us keep the site in order and ticking over in soft impact way.

Thanks to everyone one of the above and many others who have gone out of their way to provide added value. For example, @Covered End who in recent weeks has put a huge shift in providing helpful info, @clive for the amount of Charlton related news he adds, @Blucher , @Fanny Fanackapan , @PaddyP17 and everyone else who without fail add some tremendous post-match reports which really help those not there. @Chizz , @GlassHalfFull , @Weegie Addick , @Henry Irving , @BDL , @cabbles who all wrote featured articles. The huge number of Lifers who went out of the way to help other members with Wembley tickets., personal advice and assistance. @PeanutsMolloy with the Grand National, @LargeAddick and @SE7toSG3 with organising the annual CL Trip to The Somme. @DaveMehmet for his relationship advice, @DOUCHER for his takeover insider knowledge.   

Every year we keep trying to grow the behind the scenes CL family. We are hoping to evolve the site more, particularly in terms of output generating, so if anyone is keen on getting further involved or has any ideas, please drop me an inbox. Our aim has always been to create a community that everyone feels a part of.  We appreciate that it is not always ideal with so many people holding such diverse views, and there are some clear topics and diversions that have emerged in recent years that makes this even more difficult. But we do try our best to be a platform for all Charlton fans.

Our lead fundraising efforts this year were once again tied into supporting the Upbeats. The annual walk was once again a real success story with us raising £7,300 and having over 30 forum members participate in the walk. This was supplemented by £520 raised from the Fixtures competition Thai kindly organised and meant our site’s total contribution to the Upbeats scheme is just a pocket of change shy of £70,000 now. Absolutely incredible, thank you to everyone who has helped us to continue to support this group in such a brilliant way.  Alongside this, there has also been some fantastic fundraising provided for Prostate UK, the Museum, Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, Crisis and many others.

So apologies for the waffle but thanks all of you reading this for contributing to this little but unique {} Charlton supporter community. Hope everyone has a wonderful summer and that we can start next season in a positive way.

Up the Addicks

AFKA, Lookout and the rest of the A-(Road) Team

Comments

• well done guys and gals!!!!
  • Thanks to all mentioned and countless more whose opinions keep me entertained. This place is a comfort blanket in so many ways. 
  • Thank you for my unexpected mention. Thank you for all the significant time and effort you, @LoOkOuT and all the mods put in.
  • Thanks to everyone. I probably say it at the end of each season, those of us overseas are so reliant on CL to keep us informed and helps us remain a part of the Charlton community.

CL has quality writing, witty posters, some ridiculous and some very serious non-football related topics, history lessons, obits and some of the worst football rumours ever seen. Simply the best footie forum!
  • Thanks to everyone. I probably say it at the end of each season, those of us overseas are so reliant on CL to keep us informed and helps us remain a part of the Charlton community.

CL has quality writing, witty posters, some ridiculous and some very serious non-football related topics, history lessons, obits and some of the worst football rumours ever seen. Simply the best footie forum!
    My sentiments exactly! Keep up the good work, please.
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks to everyone involved with running this wonderful board. Looking at other clubs' boards in recent weeks to wallow in their sorrow and anger you realise how good Charlton Life is.
  • I second all the thanks going around. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I echo what everyone has said above, I am sure it is more difficult than we all think running a forum, especially one as popular as this one. A few members have had their collars felt and had to be pulled back into line by the mods including myself when passion runs high so a big thanks to all of them for making this site what it is.
  • Hear hear to all the above and special thanks to AFKA and his team, ForeverAddickted for his not-to-be missed previews, to all who contribute to the after match thoughts - and a mention to the boxing fraternity whose views I enjoy. Long live CharltonLife.
  • Thanks to all for what is superbly run site and especially for all the unseen hard work that goes on behind the scenes. We all suffer for our love of CAFC but coming on this site is always a cathartic experience - and there is certainly no better place to share the wonderful moments that we have experienced in the last few weeks. 
  • Keeping this forum on course through such difficult times shows what a great place this is. I run a forum that has about 40 active members so I can imagine the amount of work that goes into this. Thanks to @AFKABartram, @LoOkOuT and the others for running such a good forum. And, thanks to all those who contribute so much.

• Thanks to the CL team for your hard work keeping the site running. Much appreciated.
  • It’s been emotional 
  • Echoing AFKA’s words, thanks to all of you continue to contribute, participate, post and read the site.  It’s a tremendous community and everyone plays their part 
  • Fantastic site....thanks to all those who run it and contribute to it.
  • As a senior citizen I really appreciate this site.
    Thanks to all for their great contributions.
    Got tickets for my Grandson and his mate for
    Wembley so hopefully we have two more CAFC supporters,
    as they were really impressed and enjoyed going back
    on the Underground same carriage as the Drummer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to owners, organisers and posters all.

Charlton Life has become an essential part of the daily routine for so many of us over the years.
  • big thanks to @AFKABartram and @LookOut for keeping this site going. Don't know what we'd all do without it.

100% this...👏👏👏
  • Big thanks for getting rid of the political crap , if at some point in my life I choose to grow up I’ll get involved in that adult shit .
    now to bin the music and RIP stuff 
  • Maximum
    respect to AFKA and the site although I was a bit surprised  to receive thanks for my takeover knowledge - player acquisition is where I’d play my joker, the takeover is anybody’s guess 
  • Although when I was told 18 months ago nothing was happening and I got jeered for it, I was clearly right - done deal!!! Still not done now 
  • Despite the ups and mainly downs that come with following our beloved football club, it's been a good year - and well, what can I say about 4.50'ish on 26 May?? I think that was an up!

Charlton Life is more than a football forum/community - much, much more. I'm proud to be a member.

Well done as always to @AFKABartram and @LookOut , all the mods, and the insight, humour and compassion of the members.

• Yep. You’d need to go a long way to find a footie forum as good as this one. Congratulations everyone. 
  • Excellent site well done folks,  makes my bonce ache at times but interesting mix of views. 
  • Well done all....