Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England fans causing trouble In Portugal

Comments

• Wow really ?
  • Didnt see one bit of trouble last night, fantastic atmosphere in the fan park. Shame about the result.

I heard the weather was bad out there but did you manage to get about and see much of the City?

• They are worried about trouble in Prague now for England's game in October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48570214

Pisses me off that a few dicks can get all the attention and the main lot of fans travelling and just enjoying themselves are not given credit. Atmosphere in both England games this week looked amazing.

• Am i right in thinking that to get tickets for Prague you'd need to be an England member? But tickets for the Holland game were a free for all?

Can't see there being much trouble given the stadium holds 20k and we probably only have a 2k allocation.

That said, they obviously can't stop people travelling over there. But there's a big difference between a few days in Portugal in the sun when we take over the whole stadium and going to Prague in October where you won't even get in the ground.
  • Didnt see one bit of trouble last night, fantastic atmosphere in the fan park. Shame about the result.

I heard the weather was bad out there but did you manage to get about and see much of the City?
    First day (Thursday) was a storm but after that the weather was perfect. To be honest, I didn’t. Mainly stayed with the enormous crowds of English fans and drunk down by the river. 

England fans get loads of stick but we didn’t have any trouble and had plenty of fun with the celebrating Portugal fans last night. Was a brilliant weekend and Porto did a great job hosting it.
    Ive heard from a couple of people that were out there Leyton Orient fans and they said the same. No trouble that they witnessed
  • Am i right in thinking that to get tickets for Prague you'd need to be an England member? But tickets for the Holland game were a free for all?

Can't see there being much trouble given the stadium holds 20k and we probably only have a 2k allocation.

That said, they obviously can't stop people travelling over there. But there's a big difference between a few days in Portugal in the sun when we take over the whole stadium and going to Prague in October where you won't even get in the ground.
    I think they are suggesting that as its a popular destination anyway for stag weekends then the hangers on looking for trouble may see it as an ideal game. 
  • am heading out to Prague along with a few on here we are all England away travel members BUT there is around 11,000 paid up members £75 for a 2 years subscription which makes you eligible for away tickets - it is done on a caps reward system meaning the top 70% are guaranteed a ticket the rest goes to a lucky dip ballot, due to us not knowing whether we will have tickets till likely Aug/Sept flights and hotels have been booked and if i don't get a ticket will be a local bar or the home end if i can get a ticket. 

englands group for euro qualification has been pretty poor for away fans travelling due to the nations involved having v small stadia, the reason why i have joined up again is i should be guaranteed a ticket to all of bar maybe the .1/4 final euro 2020 if England were to go all the way

think there will be some ticket less fans but not at the level or in recent years euros in France or Portugal where it was a week to see England play twice and tickets were readily available. 
  • There were believed to be 15,000 England supporters in Portugal and around 500 attended Wednesday's game at Porto's Estadio do Dragao which saw the home side beat Switzerland.

15,000 and the trouble i have seen is around 100 max being involved in mass disorder - singing songs and drinking is what every country does and it is not seen as trouble it is seen as banter like when the jocks took over trafalgar sqaure pissed in fountains etc, ive just seen a video of a wales fan trolleyed and wanking in public - that is actually illegal as it was around lunchtime and many people were about ( it is the new breed of lad/uni banter ) type of travelling fan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There were believed to be 15,000 England supporters in Portugal and around 500 attended Wednesday's game at Porto's Estadio do Dragao which saw the home side beat Switzerland.

15,000 and the trouble i have seen is around 100 max being involved in mass disorder - singing songs and drinking is what every country does and it is not seen as trouble it is seen as banter like when the jocks took over trafalgar sqaure pissed in fountains etc, ive just seen a video of a wales fan trolleyed and wanking in public - that is actually illegal as it was around lunchtime and many people were about ( it is the new breed of lad/uni banter ) type of travelling fan. 
    Is it legal to have a w*** in public after a certain time then?
    comma usage may of helped. 

They do have a ‘Happy Hour’ 8.30 to 9.30pm Mon to Sat in Lisbon......not sure about the rest of Portugal though.
    I’ve heard he had only needs 15 seconds. 

Just 2 English arrested over 5 days in Portugal. 

oh i know the arrests were low and was being generous but from footage i saw it looked like no more than 100 goading police etc 

Glastonbury last year 71 arrests - but that doesn't allow you to label everyone a thug so will be left well alone, 

oh i know the arrests were low and was being generous but from footage i saw it looked like no more than 100 goading police etc 

Glastonbury last year 71 arrests - but that doesn't allow you to label everyone a thug so will be left well alone, 
    Yeah I agree from the video I saw it was a hundred or so England fans running from police on Wednesday night. You can tell the OB out there aren’t our biggest fans but the ones around the river and surrounding streets just left us to get on with it. People were climbing lamposts etc to start songs but nothing harmful or dangerous to locals so they didn’t care. Also plenty of other tourists and locals taking videos with smiles on their faces, so nothing intimidating about the atmosphere at all.
  • Seen videos of England fans leaving to a guard of honour from locals. How does that fit the hooligan narrative?>
  • Croydon said:
    Seen videos of England fans leaving to a guard of honour from locals. How does that fit the hooligan narrative?>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vkj2AXSiD0
  • Wonder if Stan Collymore will have anything to say about this video? I guess not.
  • Sponsored links:

• palarsehater  Chatting to a Leeds fan in Portugal who is in the events business, he heard that in the Euro finals, assuming we get there, two of our group games will be at Wembley, one in Dublin/Glasgow, and then one of knockout games at another location in Europe (I know the semis and final are at Wembley). I've searched but found nothing to corroborate this. Have you heard similar? Have you got any rough idea of how many caps we'd need for one of the Wembley games and the "away games"?
  • Brilliant video, hope it gets a wider airing.
  • edited June 2019
    palarsehater  Chatting to a Leeds fan in Portugal who is in the events business, he heard that in the Euro finals, assuming we get there, two of our group games will be at Wembley, one in Dublin/Glasgow, and then one of knockout games at another location in Europe (I know the semis and final are at Wembley). I've searched but found nothing to corroborate this. Have you heard similar? Have you got any rough idea of how many caps we'd need for one of the Wembley games and the "away games"?
    bit long winded and apologies for taking the thread off of tangent, but here goes my best explanation - lets face it we will be at euro 2020, 

all of the euro group games have host pairings;

·        Host nations that qualify will be placed automatically in the following groups. If both paired nations qualify, a draw will be held to determine which is at home in their direct encounter.

Group A: Italy (Stadio Olimpico, Rome), Azerbaijan (Olympic Stadium, Baku)
    Group B: Russia (Saint Petersburg Stadium), Denmark (Parken Stadium, Copenhagen)
    Group C: Netherlands (Johan Cruijff ArenA, Amsterdam), Romania (National Arena, Bucharest)
    Group D: England (Wembley Stadium, London), Scotland (Hampden Park, Glasgow)
    Group E: Spain (Estadio de San Mamés, Bilbao), Republic of Ireland (Dublin Arena)
    Group F: Germany (Fußball Arena München, Munich), Hungary (Puskás Aréna, Budapest)

as we are a host we automatically go into group d the only way we would play 2 group games at wembley and 1 in scotland is if scotland qaulify 

group game dates are; 

14th June

19th June

23rd June

If we win the group it will be Dublin for round of 16 on June 30 followed by ¼ final in Rome on July 4.

If we are 2nd in the group it will be Copenhagen for round of 16 on June 29 followed by ¼ final St. Petersburg on July 3.

there is also 2 spots up for grabs as best place 3rd but im confident we wont require that. 

Semi final Wembley 7/8th July

Final Wembley 12th July

my only issue with the above pairings is it is a little unfair on ireland and scotland as if they qaulify they would have us and spain respectively, also you would be quite annoyed if you are in the rome and baku group as if italy qaulify all 3 of there games will be in rome. 

regarding caps for the group games at wembley it should be around 17,000 tickets per nation, we currently do not have that many travel club members so currently that would meet demand, as with all comps you have to be a travel club member to get tickets officially through england. 

worth noting that from 12th june as in wednesday you can apply for tickets i will apply for semi and final tickets as would go even if england werent there. 

• SE7toSG3 said:
    Brilliant video, hope it gets a wider airing.
    It won't, not purely because there is a stigma attached to Englands away support but in general.stuff like that doesn't garner as much coverage as Russians with MMA gear on smashing the crap out of England supporters or England fans punching people 

In a metaphor, I've never seen anyone capturing or sharing video footage of the millions of compliant, safe drivers. Because it isn't sexy. Whereas videoing a road traffic accident obviously is 

I loved the video of the German copper bollocking people who were rubber necking and filming a road accident, not enough of that goes on nowadays. A solid, scary bollocking is far more effective than the non-existent threat of prosecution for doing stuff like that or the genuinely dangerous practice of drifting along in the middle lane of a motorway 

Is this a "thing" now then? Didn't a scouser get nicked for...er...enthusiastically celebrating in the same way after the CL final? 
  • Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Seen videos of England fans leaving to a guard of honour from locals. How does that fit the hooligan narrative?>
    That's unique
  • palarsehater  Chatting to a Leeds fan in Portugal who is in the events business, he heard that in the Euro finals, assuming we get there, two of our group games will be at Wembley, one in Dublin/Glasgow, and then one of knockout games at another location in Europe (I know the semis and final are at Wembley). I've searched but found nothing to corroborate this. Have you heard similar? Have you got any rough idea of how many caps we'd need for one of the Wembley games and the "away games"?
    bit long winded and apologies for taking the thread off of tangent, but here goes my best explanation - lets face it we will be at euro 2020, 

all of the euro group games have host pairings;

·        Host nations that qualify will be placed automatically in the following groups. If both paired nations qualify, a draw will be held to determine which is at home in their direct encounter.

Group A: Italy (Stadio Olimpico, Rome), Azerbaijan (Olympic Stadium, Baku)
    Group B: Russia (Saint Petersburg Stadium), Denmark (Parken Stadium, Copenhagen)
    Group C: Netherlands (Johan Cruijff ArenA, Amsterdam), Romania (National Arena, Bucharest)
    Group D: England (Wembley Stadium, London), Scotland (Hampden Park, Glasgow)
    Group E: Spain (Estadio de San Mamés, Bilbao), Republic of Ireland (Dublin Arena)
    Group F: Germany (Fußball Arena München, Munich), Hungary (Puskás Aréna, Budapest)

as we are a host we automatically go into group d the only way we would play 2 group games at wembley and 1 in scotland is if scotland qaulify 

group game dates are; 

14th June

19th June

23rd June

If we win the group it will be Dublin for round of 16 on June 30 followed by ¼ final in Rome on July 4.

If we are 2nd in the group it will be Copenhagen for round of 16 on June 29 followed by ¼ final St. Petersburg on July 3.

there is also 2 spots up for grabs as best place 3rd but im confident we wont require that. 

Semi final Wembley 7/8th July

Final Wembley 12th July

my only issue with the above pairings is it is a little unfair on ireland and scotland as if they qaulify they would have us and spain respectively, also you would be quite annoyed if you are in the rome and baku group as if italy qaulify all 3 of there games will be in rome. 

regarding caps for the group games at wembley it should be around 17,000 tickets per nation, we currently do not have that many travel club members so currently that would meet demand, as with all comps you have to be a travel club member to get tickets officially through england. 

worth noting that from 12th june as in wednesday you can apply for tickets i will apply for semi and final tickets as would go even if england werent there. 

That is really helpful mate - very much appreciated
  • Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Shot by our very own Steve Dixon and Kevin Merrick I believe... 
  • Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Shot by our very own Steve Dixon and Kevin Merrick I believe... 
    Maybe they would be willing to go to Belgium and shoot Goldfinger!