Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Haven’t liked the material or the fit of the Hummel shirts I’ve bought compared to Nike. Decent designs though!
  • Options
    Are we are we to assume that the fanfare for the new ground breaking sponsor is now not happening ? 
    Why would we assume that?
    Because after the “imminent” comment was made which to me implies very soon, zip all has happened. 
  • Options
    Are we are we to assume that the fanfare for the new ground breaking sponsor is now not happening ? 
    Because after the “imminent” comment was made which to me implies very soon, zip all has happened. 
    But that has nothing to any "fanfare" happening.

IMHO the deal isn't done as otherwise it would have been announced but if/when it is there will be some fanfare because that is what the sponsor will almost certainly want. 

Otherwise, why bother spending a few hundred thousand (and that is likely to be the annual amount, not millions) sponsoring a football club?

Again, we don't know "zip all" has happened, we only know it hasn't been announced, probably, IMHO, because it's not been signed off/has collapsed/never existed.

But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The use of "imminent" was unwise in my opinion but it's hardly surprising that a sales and marketing guy talked up his pipeline. 

As ever, ignore terms like "imminent" and remember WIOTOS
  • Options
    Why would any sponsor want their announcement to be lost in the general football noise of of euros? I can see any sponsor, partner or new kit announcements being made whilst England are still in the Euros, and probably not whilst the Euros are even happening 
  • Options

IMHO the deal isn't done as otherwise it would have been announced but if/when it is there will be some fanfare because that is what the sponsor will almost certainly want. 

Otherwise, why bother spending a few hundred thousand (and that is likely to be the annual amount, not millions) sponsoring a football club?

Again, we don't know "zip all" has happened, we only know it hasn't been announced, probably, IMHO, because it's not been signed off/has collapsed/never existed.

The use of "imminent" was unwise in my opinion but it's hardly surprising that a sales and marketing guy talked up his pipeline. 

Not only was the use of the word “imminent” unwise. It was untrue.
  • Options

Not only was the use of the word “imminent” unwise. It was untrue.
    Possibly.

Or maybe it was imminent and then a problem came up a bit like a last minute snag when selling a house.

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Haven’t liked the material or the fit of the Hummel shirts I’ve bought compared to Nike. Decent designs though!
    Hummel's shirts are a more sporty fit and fabric is comparable imo - actually it's not they're nicer for doing sport in than the Nike stuff was. 

Designs are streets ahead of the Nike stuff, but that's cos we were a catalogue club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adidas consistently produce decent tops.
  • Options
    Adidas Nike and Puma basically provide catalogue kits for teams of our size, pretty much what Sunday league teams get. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Modelled on this? Prefer the original 
    A thing of beauty 
    all kits also look better with proper boots (Adidas World Cup / Adidas Copa Mundial / Puma King - delete as appropriate)
    I think you mean Nike Tiempo’s 😉
  • Options
    If you follow what was said by munford there was no mention of a sponsor it was partner where do shirts come in. To raise many millions from shirt sales would take a lifetime and that is what was said.  new partner prepared  to invest many millions was the exact quote imminent. 
  • Options
    Addicks59 said:
    If you follow what was said by munford there was no mention of a sponsor it was partner where do shirts come in. To raise many millions from shirt sales would take a lifetime and that is what was said.  new partner prepared  to invest many millions was the exact quote imminent. 
    Intriguing to say the least
  • Options
    It depends on the length of contract doesnt it. £200k per year on a 10 year deal is a multi million pound deal !
  • Options
    I'm just intrigued by the type of company it'll be, hopefully nothing to do with betting or booze, and someone interesting and growing with us. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm just intrigued by the type of company it'll be, hopefully nothing to do with betting or booze, and someone interesting and growing with us. 
    Booze is very interesting I’ll have you know. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Doesn't do anything for me, but I'll be shocked if its either of those two areas, especially as it's supposed to cover the community trust. 

A fintech or technology/digital compan would be ideal, throw some of that VC money our way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Unlike you.
  • Options
    Medical and possibly TS company related i reckon.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Very nice. 
  • Options
    For info, last seasons shirts are still available on M and M Direct for very cheap prices.
  • Options

AMB wearing number 13 shorts, suggests he'll be number two next season.

DJ retains the number 7.
  • Options
    Good to see vennings back in this photo, not sure who 49 is though?