Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those who had ticket problems?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe worth checking what details are on your ticket account they had my correct home address but they had my email address as noname@cafc.co.uk only noticed this earlier in the season when I selected to to collect tickets on the match day and they couldn’t find them and asked me if I had the confirmation email which I hadn’t received 
  • Options
    Got sent the ticket via email so printed it. Then when I got there at 11am I thought I would double check they had not created a new one. 

No queue and was very quick, got a new ticket. When my friend entered the ground with the new and final ticket it was rejected. He had to walk back to tickets and they would only issue him one near us. He phoned me. 

I just said get in and come sit in the spare seat, which he did. 

Bit of a farce. But who cares after the 94th.......!!!!!
  • Options
    Got to the ground early, went for coffee and then went to collect the tickets at around 11.30 no queue no hassle.
  • Options
    Nobody has mentioned the tickets were printed with the barcode in the wrong place so had to be 'inserted' into the reader diagonally.
  • Options
    vff said:
    I was thankful for the Charlton life forum and the ticketing thread as it gave a channel to feed back to the club that there were difficulties with tickets. Also to understand that there were a whole lot of others experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks to those at the club who were looking at the thread and made changes to the advice.

That initial buying of tickets online with the orderly online queue was fine. I did try buying tickets on my PC but the ticket purchase would not complete - so I had to complete on my iPhone, which was a bit more tricky and maybe I could have got better tickets than I did, as it was not really easy on a small screen. 

The pick up from Wembley was easy in the end but I had to go up to the ground early as there was no guarantee what the queues were going to be like (my trust in the process had been crushed by that point). We found a decent spot in the Novotel bar on Wembley to wait and meet up.

I really don't understand why I couldn't have been sent the barcode by email. I got sent blank tickets and was put on a list to collect. Why not just send the code ? 

All the chaos, inconsistent information, long hours trying to get through to the queue on that rubbish phone line did impact  on the enjoyment of the build up. When I eventually got through, one person told me that they were not that busy :/

An engaged phone line would have been better. Connecting and being told to call back (with the charge for connection) was really irritating. I wonder how much money was made.

Like predicted earlier on the thread, if we won, the ticket problems would fade & be forgotten. I am hoping that lessons are learnt for the next big occasion that will hopefully be not too distant in the future. 

I'm really pleased for you that it worked well on the day.