Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those who had ticket problems?

So.....following on from the horror predictions made by some on here a few days back did anyone arrive at Wembley to collect their tickets not manage to gain entry?
Also, there were likely to have been lost in the post scenarios and similar.....did everyone with problems go to the ticket office at Wembley and get things sorted?
I’ve not seen a post from anyone saying they didn’t actually get in.

Comments

• Got there 11ish no queue lots of people working, very efficient 👍
  • No problems getting in, but the inconsistent messages, e.g. you must phone, no you must email, no you must phone were stress inducing. Not managed at all, but right now who gives a ????
  • Addickted said:
    Any news on @Cambridge or is he still hanging on the 'phone?
    Hope not literally!
  • edited May 2019
    addickson said:
    No problems getting in, but the inconsistent messages, e.g. you must phone, no you must email, no you must phone were stress inducing. Not managed at all, but right now who gives a ????
    Agree. It was a bit of a shambles. Couldn’t get through on the phone and I emailed but still not got a reply. Ticket turned up on Friday when I was in Brighton so left the hen weekend early to get home saturday night and met up with 2 people I’d bought tickets for before the match in different places. It probably wasn’t the most enjoyable pre match as decided not to go to green man or box park as the 2 I was meeting may not get in to meet me due to capacity scares along with the nerves of the day but we won so feck it! 
  • What about the hundreds of others ?
  • se9addick said:
    What about the hundreds of others ?
    Quite a lot of the folk looking for tickets/ticket advice won’t be back here until they need tickets/ticket advice for the next big game.
    No need for that is there?

Would you rather we didn't sell our tickets?
  • Don't get me started on the Charlton ticket office and their attitude of having to follow processes, at least not until they've sorted my current issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    What about the hundreds of others ?
    Quite a lot of the folk looking for tickets/ticket advice won’t be back here until they need tickets/ticket advice for the next big game.
    No need for that is there?

Would you rather we didn't sell our tickets?
    I make him right though.
  • What about the hundreds of others ?
    There were a few who were even suggesting thousands!
  • My ticket did not arrive in the post but did eventually get through on that call line, but that must have cost me another £30 on top of the ticket price, the issue was made easier by the Charlton ticket office staff who replied to my e-mail questions as promptly as possible under the circumstances, so thanks to them.
    I got to Wembly for 11 am and was about a 100 in the ques at that time do not know what it was like later.
  • edited May 2019
    The chap who I ordered the three additional tickets for phoned me at 12:00 to confirm he’d collected them with no issues. His young son George had a fantastic time and Charlton is now very much his team! 

Just to add a PS to this, these tickets were ordered on Wednesday last, early morning. The receipt email was clearly marked that the tickets would be posted. It’s now one week later and the posted tickets haven’t arrived, so they obviously were never mailed out in the first place. Alls well that ended well but the system was far from perfect. 
  • There was a queue of about 100 when I collected my tickets - this was around 11.
  • So without evidence to the contrary it looks like I was right and there were maybe 200 that had to collect ?
    Not great but 200 out of 38,000 is 0.5%.
  • So without evidence to the contrary it looks like I was right and there were maybe 200 that had to collect ?
    ....and some of them will because of their own cock ups like having the wrong address on the system. Quite impressive overall, but I would not be saying that if I had been one of them.
  • Redrobo said:
    So without evidence to the contrary it looks like I was right and there were maybe 200 that had to collect ?
    ....and some of them will because of their own cock ups like having the wrong address on the system. Quite impressive overall, but I would not be saying that if I had been one of them.
    I had problems with getting tickets for both the semi final and the final so 100% record.
  • Worth noting that on the England cricket thread there are posters who haven't received their tickets yet for the first World Cup game tomorrow, who've been on the phone for ages without any response etc...
  • Sponsored links:

• My anxiety has reached it's peak 2nd week in a row - I'm still waiting for cricket ticket for tomorrow's match at the Oval and the ticket office number they give is of equal frustration to CAFC's and the email auto response from ICC tickets instead of the CAFC's 48 hours response promise (although still waiting for a response to an email sent last tuesday to that which I shall let go), is 4 days, and the recorded message suggests only getting in touch when your match is within 5 days. Handy.
    Without evidence to the contrary I claim to be right and there were 20,000 that had to collect. Absolutely shocking as 20,000 out of 38,000 is almost 50%. 

• Got there 11ish no queue lots of people working, very efficient 👍
    Bump.
    To those new to the forum, this is known as a "your response wasn't negative enough - bump".
    0.005% .. ((:>)
  • addickson said:
    No problems getting in, but the inconsistent messages, e.g. you must phone, no you must email, no you must phone were stress inducing. Not managed at all, but right now who gives a ????
    Agree. It was a bit of a shambles. Couldn’t get through on the phone and I emailed but still not got a reply. Ticket turned up on Friday when I was in Brighton so left the hen weekend early to get home saturday night and met up with 2 people I’d bought tickets for before the match in different places. It probably wasn’t the most enjoyable pre match as decided not to go to green man or box park as the 2 I was meeting may not get in to meet me due to capacity scares along with the nerves of the day but we won so feck it! 
    I think the best choice (if given one that is), is to select the print yourself option.
  • se9addick said:
    So without evidence to the contrary it looks like I was right and there were maybe 200 that had to collect ?
    Without evidence to the contrary I claim to be right and there were 20,000 that had to collect. Absolutely shocking as 20,000 out of 38,000 is almost 50%. 
    The only evidence was a maximum of 100 people seen at 11am.
    So it's a reasonable assumption that there may have been a further 100 over the next couple of hours.
  • NB The way forward is scan your phone, not print at home.
    I know of one venue that will only be scan your phone from now on.
  • edited May 2019
    se9addick said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 20,000 out of 38,000 is more than 50%.  :p
  • se9addick said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 20,000 out of 38,000 is more than 50%.  :p
    It’s getting worse!