Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bielik - is he staying?

Comments

• Options
    Cullen will be trying to make the West Ham squad for next season. If he doesn't then he will return to our sights.
  • Options

If I were a Bundesliga manager, I'd be on the phone straight away for Bielik. He's absolutely ideal for that league. He's proved that he's got the physical attributes (even if he does have the odd roll about on the floor) and he's proved he's got the technical ability....plus he's only a young 'un.

If I'm say a Werder Bremen or Wolfsburg manager, I'm trying to get him in on loan with an option to buy....and then it's a 5 year contract! Superb player who should have a fantastic club and international career....if he can stay fit!

• Options
    My understanding is that Cullen will be first team squad at West Ham. Not sure about Beilik.
  • Options
    I think Cullen deserves a chance at West Ham - very gifted player.
  • Options
    I would love to see Kasey Palmer and Oztumer back at the club and Beilik and Cullen returning too.  Not sure how many loans we are allowed but i would also hope Aribo goes to Man City or similar where he has zero chance of playing so gets loaned straight back for his development.  Add in Williams and that is some group of midfielders all available cheaply (subject to wages)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Two Hammers at work are very excited at the prospect of seeing Cullen in a West Ham shirt next season after watching him play on Sunday.
  • Options
    I would love to see Kasey Palmer and Oztumer back at the club and Beilik and Cullen returning too.  Not sure how many loans we are allowed but i would also hope Aribo goes to Man City or similar where he has zero chance of playing so gets loaned straight back for his development.  Add in Williams and that is some group of midfielders all available cheaply (subject to wages)

I definitely think that Ozthumer could step up and be effective. He's another one who just doesn't stop working and could play just behind Lyle Taylor, meaning we could play a sort of 4-5-1.

He's also got great dead-ball skills (perhaps something we do lack). A nice little direct free-kick now and again can get us some valuable points in tight games.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    If we sign Cullen it wont be right till the end of the Transfer Window

Am sure Bowyer and Gallen will see him as a target again but will they keep waiting for him this time or turn to other targets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:
    My understanding is that Cullen will be first team squad at West Ham. Not sure about Beilik.
    Source ? 

Cullen will try to be in their 25 but there’s no guarantee he will be. Not too many make the jump from league one quality to premier league quality that easily. Josh might make West Ham’s squad but might not. Bielik definitely won’t make West Ham’s squad.
  • Options
    First Team for Cullen will be League Cup | FA Cup | Football League Trophy squads!!
  • Options
    First Team for Cullen will be League Cup | FA Cup | Football League Trophy squads!!
    Agreed. Another one who needs a full Championship season to show they can cut it in the Prem. 
  • Options
    Agreed. Another one who needs a full Championship season to show they can cut it in the Prem. 

Not necessarily. They could throw him into the Premier League and see how he does.

Bottom line is, that if they are confident with him, they'll play him but if they are unsure (or totally unconvinced) they'll loan him or sell him.

• Options
    I saw Kasey Palmer at Carrow road playing for Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago as they were on the way up to the prem.
    He bossed the midfield that day and I was surprised Huddersfield did not keep him for the prem. 
    Saw him play again for Bristol city this season again at Carrow road.
    He came on as sub. after about an hour (replaced Jay De Silva) and was booked for a reckless tackle and was nearly sent off a few minutes later. 
    I think he's on loan at Bristol.
    Could be a good signing.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I definitely think that Ozthumer could step up and be effective. He's another one who just doesn't stop working and could play just behind Lyle Taylor, meaning we could play a sort of 4-5-1.

He's also got great dead-ball skills (perhaps something we do lack). A nice little direct free-kick now and again can get us some valuable points in tight games.

Oztumer has just had a season in the Championship with Bolton, where he failed to score any league goals. Yes he was with a poor team, but that's a worrying return
  • Options
    Oztumer barely played after October though...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Simonsen said:

Oztumer has just had a season in the Championship with Bolton, where he failed to score any league goals. Yes he was with a poor team, but that's a worrying return

Bolton was completely the wrong club for him. They aimed for Magennis up front and tried to pick up the bits. Taylor is a grade better than Magennis at least and we've got more guile than Bolton.

If we want to play our passing game with intricate inter-changes on the edge of the box, then Oztumer is ideal. Plus as a character, I believe he is spot on and I can vouch for the fact that he works bloody hard on and off the ball. He could be bargain and LB has proved he can get a tune out of a bargain player.

• Options
    masicat said:
    Source ? 

Cullen will try to be in their 25 but there’s no guarantee he will be. Not too many make the jump from league one quality to premier league quality that easily. Josh might make West Ham’s squad but might not. Bielik definitely won’t make West Ham’s squad.

I don’t think they will even sign him from Arsenal.🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Watching the Arsenal /Chelsea game at the moment and all I can say is Bielik must have every chance of playing in their defence next season! 
  • Options
    They were beyond poor for such a big game. I think we would have beaten them in that second half.
  • Options
    Watching the Arsenal /Chelsea game at the moment and all I can say is Bielik must have every chance of playing in their defence next season! 
    Arsenal have been gutless for years.  They could certainly use someone with balls of steel like Bielik!
  • Options
    Their supporters would have a meltdown if they bought in a League 1 loan player into their defence next season, Im pretty sure they will be expecting big money signings next year
  • Options
    Their supporters would have a meltdown if they bought in a League 1 loan player into their defence next season, Im pretty sure they will be expecting big money signings next year
    That's a good point. But have Arsenal actually got a load of money to spend? I thought a figure of £40 million was being bandied about.

Maybe they should give a chance to the likes of Bielik. From our point of view I hope they don't but if they do Bielik would certainly be an improvement on the dross they had playing for them last night. 
  • Options
    Don’t PL rules state a maximum squad size of 25 with 8 home grown players ? 
    I’m assuming Cullen qualifies as home grown but Bielik ? Would there be 8 home grown players ahead of Cullen at West Ham ? I’m sure there would be at Arsenal if that applies to Bielik. 
    Bielik counts as home grown because he joined Arsenal before he was 18 like someone like Maynard-Brewer would with us. 
    Arsenal don't have many home grown players, and will lose Ramsey and Welbeck so this could be a reason for keeping him
    And Jenkinson is going too.

They badly need to sign homegrown players and/or promote kids into their squad.
  • Options
    Bielik at least needs championship football next season. Works for me!
  • Options
    I suspect they will want to have a good look at him - and we have to respond to what happens after that, depending on what happens of course.