Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bielik - is he staying?

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but during the post match interview, Bielik was asked how he felt - he mentioned the camaraderie and described the Charlton team as “family”. Then immediately said “I can’t wait for next season”.
That doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere.
Is it possible we have an agreement with Arsenal to keep him for another year?

Comments

• Options
    Would be amazing if he stayed!
  • Options
    Got a good relationship with arsenal so don't see why not now we're up. 
  • Options
    Think it would be beneficial to his progress to stay here, same with Cullen

Neither will play First-Team football next season and think another loan will aid their progress much more than sitting on the bench with a few cameo appearances every now and again

That loan of course either being to a Championship club or if the parent club think they've done well enough, to a Premier League club...

after all the year they've had makes it clear that they're now too good for League One
    Would love both back, they were our best two players yesterday for a start.
  • Options
    It's hard to believe, but Bielik is still only 21. If they don't think he's ready for the PL, I can't see any reason for not sending him back to us
  • Options
    Only concern I have for Josh and Krystian coming back (if they were loaned out) is how Arsenal and West Ham will view our season i.e.

- Will they see us as a chance for their players to continue to be part of an "established" team with no bedding in and a Manager who will play them
     - Or will they think we'll be in a relegation battle that wont benefit their players so would prefer to loan them to a club battling for promotion (Brentford | Bristol City | Leeds etc.)

Guess it all depends on who makes the enquires this summer

Just have to hope that someone doesnt look at them and think: "Ooo I dont want them on loan, we'll offer £5m for them on a perm etc." which the parent club will be unable to refuse
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bielik and Cullen have been superb for us this season, they need to continue their progress and development with us next season.

A 5 million buy out clause would also be great, in case in 12 months time we’re in the Premier league (yes I know it sounds mad, but anything is possible, if Bowyer and Jackson and Gallen stay with us.
  • Options
    Not a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It may, of course, have just been the excitement of the occasion, but I just got a sense that for Krystian, the win meant he could stay at a club where he felt at home.
    I can’t see any way Arse would’ve let him stay with us if we’d stayed in League 1, so maybe he’s already had the conversation and been told - win promotion and you can stay there next year.
  • Options
    Bielik and Cullen have been superb for us this season, they need to continue their progress and development with us next season.

A 5 million buy out clause would also be great, in case in 12 months time we’re in the Premier league (yes I know it sounds mad, but anything is possible, if Bowyer and Jackson and Gallen stay with us.
    You do know that they are not our players?
  • Options
    Only concern I have for Josh and Krystian coming back (if they were loaned out) is how Arsenal and West Ham will view our season i.e.

- Will they see us as a chance for their players to continue to be part of an "established" team with no bedding in and a Manager who will play them
     - Or will they think we'll be in a relegation battle that wont benefit their players so would prefer to loan them to a club battling for promotion (Brentford | Bristol City | Leeds etc.)

Guess it all depends on who makes the enquires this summer

Just have to hope that someone doesnt look at them and think: "Ooo I dont want them on loan, we'll offer £5m for them on a perm etc." which the parent club will be unable to refuse
    I keep saying it, but one of the most impressive things about what Bows, Jacko and co have done this year is improve players - I would say almost all our players have added to their games in one way or another this season, including the loan players. If I were an Arsenal or West Ham scout I'd be very happy with the progress Bielik and Cullen have made and would be reporting back that they are in safe hands at Charlton, assuming douchebag pulls his finger out and gets those new contracts signed.
  • Options
    There's a massive jump from League 1 to Premier and both players need a season in the Championship.
    Bielik at best would be on the bench  at Arsenal and Cullen would benefit from a season in the  champ to prove he can make the step up.
  • Options
    Will they want a loan fee, will they want a contribution to wages, will we have an owner that will fund the loans.

I suspect  Cullens priority is to get in Pellegrinis plans so we may not know about him until very late in tne window.

Wonder if we could get DaSilva back!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Will they want a loan fee, will they want a contribution to wages, will we have an owner that will fund the loans.

I suspect  Cullens priority is to get in Pellegrinis plans so we may not know about him until very late in tne window.

Wonder if we could get DaSilva back!
    Dasilva is signing a permanent deal at Bristol City

Kasey Palmer might be worth an attempt to get back at the Valley though...
  • Options
    Cullen had a rough season on loan at Bolton in the Championship last year, which quite possibly was a reason why he was available to drop into League One with Charlton.

He's properly ready for the Championship now and without doubt, Bowyer & Co have improved his game - and the player himself has had a season where he'll feel that he's truly progressing.

If West Ham go out and buy a 'ready made Prem' midfielder, there'll be no room in their squad for Cullen (yet) ..... and Charlton in the Championship, where the player is already bedded in, is the perfect place for their loan player.

But first of all, Bowyer and his management team need to be rewarded with new contracts.
    Otherwise if they're gone, everybody's efforts are all in vain

• Options
    Keeping Cullen & Bielik would be amazing! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love it to be true but doubt it somehow. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Not a chance
    Why’s that? As good as they are I doubt they’ll be playing regular Prem football next season.

Promotion gives us a chance of keeping them.

A takeover this summer would give us an even better chance of course.
  • Options
    Don’t PL rules state a maximum squad size of 25 with 8 home grown players ? 
    I’m assuming Cullen qualifies as home grown but Bielik ? Would there be 8 home grown players ahead of Cullen at West Ham ? I’m sure there would be at Arsenal if that applies to Bielik. 
  • Options
    Part of me says he was caught up in the euphoria of what had happened and just said cant wait for next season. Other says that he’d already had the conversation with relevant people at Arsenal and had said he’d like to be with us IF promoted. 
  • Options
    Can somebody start a transfer rumours thread ? :)
  • Options
    Part of me says he was caught up in the euphoria of what had happened and just said cant wait for next season. Other says that he’d already had the conversation with relevant people at Arsenal and had said he’d like to be with us IF promoted. 
    I wonder as well. Would be phenomenal if we kept him another season. He has definite potential as a Premiership player. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Can somebody start a transfer rumours thread ? :)
    You can.  :smile:

• Options
    It is easy to get caught up in the euphoria of yesterday,but looking at the bond between those players,I dont see how any of them would want to leave.The lads that never got on ,Solly,Lapslie,Reeves, Nabby who got hooked at half time,this was one happy bunch of players who looked like they enjoyed each others company.A longer stay with us for Cullen and Beilick would benefit everybody,and providing we can get some contracts done,make the close season a lot easier for the manager(who I presume would be Bowyer}.