Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer on Talksport this morning

2»

Comments

• Options
    They have achieved something. Look at the scenes on Friday. But they haven't achieved their ultimate goal...........yet!
  • Options
    I felt he was slightly overly positive about what we’ve achieved thus far, getting the day out at Wembley etc. It all means nothing if we don’t win. It’s good what we’ve done and uniting the fans and others can say that, the press the fans etc, but bowyer and the team can’t fall into the trap of thinking they’ve achieved anything yet. We have to win the match. 
    Pretty sure Lee knows we have to win.
  • Options
    I felt he was slightly overly positive about what we’ve achieved thus far, getting the day out at Wembley etc. It all means nothing if we don’t win. It’s good what we’ve done and uniting the fans and others can say that, the press the fans etc, but bowyer and the team can’t fall into the trap of thinking they’ve achieved anything yet. We have to win the match. 
    I’m sure they know that 
  • Options
    Needs to balance the positivity with not putting them under huge pressure as clearly that got to them on Fri.
  • Options
    I think Sunderland have the capacity to play better than Doncaster and we should anticipate they will. 
  • Options
    Halix said:
    Is it talksport 2 
    talking about Mkhitaryan and europa cup final atm 
    No
    Thanks , I didn’t know they had other channels 
    listening from IPad 
    Did the Talksport 2 name not drop a bit of a hint? ;):p
    You’re right , I didn’t word that properly there was a couple of other options news and stuff and I’m not good at making decisions! 
    didn’t realise they would have two stations simultaneously waffling about sport couldn’t find talksport 1 or whatever it is called .
  • Options
    For those what missed the interview or want to hear it again listen here,starts from about 19.00
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1558501200/1558510200/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did he say Vetokele was fit to play? 
  • Options
    No,he said he a full squad to pick from.
  • Options
    Not specifically.  He said he had 23 players training and no injuries.
  • Options
    Not specifically.  He said he had 23 players training and no injuries.
    Was Vetokele one of the 23? :smile:

• Options
    I think Sunderland have the capacity to play better than Doncaster and we should anticipate they will. 
    I don’t agree with this. I think Donny are one of the best footballing sides in the division! What I will say is....Donny play very similarly to us....which is why they came close to doing us over. If they had played Pompey or Sunderland they would have got beat IMO.

For this reason, I can’t predict what will happen Sunday! 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I don’t agree with this. I think Donny are one of the best footballing sides in the division! What I will say is....Donny play very similarly to us....which is why they came close to doing us over. If they had played Pompey or Sunderland they would have got beat IMO.

Good mate of mine is a Donny fan, he went to both games.

Was chatting to him about Donny's recent game at Stadium of Light that he went to. He said it was "men against boys" and that Sunderland "played them off the park". What can you deduce from that? Well, it simply says that on any given day, anyone can beat anyone in League 1.

It's too close to call and could turn on someone losing their head, a bad refereeing decision, or a moment of brilliance. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

We are both well capable of winning - Doncaster at home earlier in the season was one of our easiest home games - on Friday they looked better than us - comparable to first half / second half against Sunderland - its all about performance levels and tactics now on Sunday - I can't call it and neither can the bookies
  • Options
    I would be very, very happy to see a fit Igor start on Sunday
  • Options
    I recall playing Doncaster of the park in our 2-0 win at the Valley earlier in the season. The game is different when the context is different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No one tipped too 6, will be a good day out and a great achievement 

Squad currently all good, not many times had that this season, he’d rather have it this way of having this headache than trying to work in players half fit

Asked about Unbeaten at home run giving confidence. At start of season, Big thing for him was to bring fans and players together, there was lot of negativity around the club. Have been on journey together since and have made ground a fortress. All fans want to see was players give 100 and we’ve been delivering that 

Other night the atmosphere was incredible, first time we’ve sold out The Valley in a number of years

Ground will be full on Sunday, we’ve sold out tickets and no doubt Sunderland will as well.

Asked about potentially taking on Leeds next year, played down. Jobs not done, players will give everything, fans will be behind us. 

His nerves all ok. Believe our prep and the way lads training like a normal day, professionalism unreal. Believes in players and then when on pitch out of hands. 

Will he Try to convince owner? No. That’s down to him. Heard he gave an interview yesterday.and said safety reasons. That’s down to him. I cant control off the pitch and only focused on what happens on it.

Good work Gaffer, give yourself a promote.
    Walking to the station tapping away on my phone like an idiot. Feared a lamppost incident!
    Station? 9.05am? Lazy bugger  ;)
  • Options
    Here is our first team squad - I count 23 there :) Bowyer has said all 23 are fit :):):)
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/first-team
  • Options
    Here is our first team squad - I count 23 there :) Bowyer has said all 23 are fit :):):)
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/first-team
    Not quite right, I believe you have to take out Fosu and put in Maynard-Brewer. Otherwise, yes, everyone involved.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Squad currently all good, not many times had that this season, he’d rather have it this way of having this headache than trying to work in players half fit

Asked about Unbeaten at home run giving confidence. At start of season, Big thing for him was to bring fans and players together, there was lot of negativity around the club. Have been on journey together since and have made ground a fortress. All fans want to see was players give 100 and we’ve been delivering that 

Other night the atmosphere was incredible, first time we’ve sold out The Valley in a number of years

Ground will be full on Sunday, we’ve sold out tickets and no doubt Sunderland will as well.

Asked about potentially taking on Leeds next year, played down. Jobs not done, players will give everything, fans will be behind us. 

His nerves all ok. Believe our prep and the way lads training like a normal day, professionalism unreal. Believes in players and then when on pitch out of hands. 

Will he Try to convince owner? No. That’s down to him. Heard he gave an interview yesterday.and said safety reasons. That’s down to him. I cant control off the pitch and only focused on what happens on it.

....and a contract. 
    AFKA didn't realize you were out of contract. Will you sign another year or are you on your way to a Prem Forum?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

....and a contract. 
    Christ AFKA didn't realize you were out of contract. Will you sign another year or are you on your way to a Prem Forum?
    His legs have gone