Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flying in from Overseas

1235»

Comments

• Options

Exiled & RSS, now you have explained your concerns.

If I were you I would e mail the club asap. Link below.

I already have. Just mentioned this because it doesn't seem to be as straight forward as some people may think.
  • Options

"Issues with purchasing tickets

If you encounter any issues in accessing your account with Charlton Athletic online, please phone our call centre on 03432 081 496. Alternatively, you can email our ticket office at tickets@cafc.co.uk for assistance. Please note that both of these avenues are likely to be extremely busy so please be patient in waiting for a response. We hope to

respond to all emails within 48 hours, however due to the large volumes of emails expected this may take a little longer.  

Supporter ID numbers can be found on both season tickets and matchday tickets, as well as any email confirmation from previous purchases with the club. Please check these areas before calling as it will save you time when purchasing/querying. "

Already done, cheers. Emailed them first thing today. Then got the blanket email back soon afterwards, which didn't really help with the confusion!
  • Options
    Just received this email from the club:

What To Do If Your Tickets Don't Arrive!

With our day at Wembley within touching distance, we want to make sure the big day goes as smoothly as possible for you!

If you do not receive your tickets in the post on Friday morning, please call 03432 081 496 and advise one of our ticket office staff of this. Make sure you have your transaction number/FAN ID to hand, as you will be asked to confirm your identity.

You will then be asked if you would prefer to receive an email with print-at-home tickets attached or pick up a physical ticket from the ticket office at Wembley. Fans have up until 2pm this Friday to let us know that their tickets have not arrived.

If you have already received your tickets, please make sure you bring them on the day! We will not be able to provide duplicate tickets to any individuals who have not previously contacted us by Friday 2pm.

Bit of an awkward time window for me on Friday as the ticket office is open I think 2 am to 6 am local time here, so looks like I'll be setting an early alarm!

Sorry Exiled, but surely this does not apply to you ?
    Your tickets are not being posted.
    They are to be collected at Wembley.
    Well, I'm Swedish and I was told yesterday that my tickets would be posted today and that I have to let them know Thursday morning if they haven't arrived by then.
    Very strange that the club says all tickets for those outside the UK will be collected at Wembley and then still posts them.
    Var komma du ifran i Sverige?
  • Options

With our day at Wembley within touching distance, we want to make sure the big day goes as smoothly as possible for you!

If you do not receive your tickets in the post on Friday morning, please call 03432 081 496 and advise one of our ticket office staff of this. Make sure you have your transaction number/FAN ID to hand, as you will be asked to confirm your identity.

You will then be asked if you would prefer to receive an email with print-at-home tickets attached or pick up a physical ticket from the ticket office at Wembley. Fans have up until 2pm this Friday to let us know that their tickets have not arrived.

If you have already received your tickets, please make sure you bring them on the day! We will not be able to provide duplicate tickets to any individuals who have not previously contacted us by Friday 2pm.

Bit of an awkward time window for me on Friday as the ticket office is open I think 2 am to 6 am local time here, so looks like I'll be setting an early alarm!

Well, I'm Swedish and I was told yesterday that my tickets would be posted today and that I have to let them know Thursday morning if they haven't arrived by then.
    Very strange that the club says all tickets for those outside the UK will be collected at Wembley and then still posts them.
    Plumstead.
  • Options

Jag bor i Lenhovda. It's a small place outside Växjö, some 200km south east of Borås, which you should be familiar with.
  • Options

"Issues with purchasing tickets

If you encounter any issues in accessing your account with Charlton Athletic online, please phone our call centre on 03432 081 496. Alternatively, you can email our ticket office at tickets@cafc.co.uk for assistance. Please note that both of these avenues are likely to be extremely busy so please be patient in waiting for a response. We hope to

respond to all emails within 48 hours, however due to the large volumes of emails expected this may take a little longer.  

Supporter ID numbers can be found on both season tickets and matchday tickets, as well as any email confirmation from previous purchases with the club. Please check these areas before calling as it will save you time when purchasing/querying. "

I emailed them on Tuesday morning as my old address was merged with my overseas address and I just wanted clarification that I would be collecting from Wembley. To date no reply. The confirmation email I got after ordering the tickets did have our correct Australian address but the website still showed the mix of both overseas and current addresses so I think it’s just a glitch. I don’t have an option to print at home so I’m going to go to the ticket office at Wembley to hopefully collect the ticket as per the original instruction.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    aliwibble said:
    @JessieAddick Go on, ask your boss. You know you want to...
    I chatted briefly with a Chinese Sunderland fan the other day. He studied at University of Sunderland IIRC and now is back in China. I mentioned my situation at work and how difficult it is to apply for an overseas trip in just two weeks in a company like mine despite all the encouragement from you lovely people. All he said was "they (meaning you) won't be able to understand it." 😂

It's hard to explain in a few words. I don't think it's wise to talk about anything remotely sensitive these days😅..... Anyway, hope everyone that flies to London has a safe trip and wonderful time at Wembley!!! I'll be cheering for the team at home!!! 😊
    Excuse my ignorance but why should it matter to your employer whether you go abroad or not when you’re on annual leave?

It's a whole other world, Dave
    For reference, police and military are not allowed to go abroad on holiday
    Many levels of the civil service are the same and must wait for 5 years after retirement until they can do so

In some regions, and for some "groups", even getting a passport is problematic

I am deliberately not mentioning country name etc so that this post is not flagged....that is the levels of scrutiny we are talking about.

Wish you could be with us, Jessie.....you will be in spirit

Maybe start working on a visit to the Valley at some point, eh!

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I chatted briefly with a Chinese Sunderland fan the other day. He studied at University of Sunderland IIRC and now is back in China. I mentioned my situation at work and how difficult it is to apply for an overseas trip in just two weeks in a company like mine despite all the encouragement from you lovely people. All he said was "they (meaning you) won't be able to understand it." 😂

It's hard to explain in a few words. I don't think it's wise to talk about anything remotely sensitive these days😅..... Anyway, hope everyone that flies to London has a safe trip and wonderful time at Wembley!!! I'll be cheering for the team at home!!! 😊
    Excuse my ignorance but why should it matter to your employer whether you go abroad or not when you’re on annual leave?

It's a whole other world, Dave
    For reference, police and military are not allowed to go abroad on holiday
    Many levels of the civil service are the same and must wait for 5 years after retirement until they can do so

In some regions, and for some "groups", even getting a passport is problematic

I am deliberately not mentioning country name etc so that this post is not flagged....that is the levels of scrutiny we are talking about.

Wish you could be with us, Jessie.....you will be in spirit

Maybe start working on a visit to the Valley at some point, eh!

Definitely on my to-do list! I'll visit the Valley one day, maybe not in the near future but in the next two or three years. :)
  • Options
    Got an email reply from the club this morning stating that if I ordered using Canadian address, then the tickets will be available for collection at Wembley. So looks like the information in the original website article is correct as suspected. 

I have asked if it’d be possible for them to be made available to print at home though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Further response from the club re print at home. 

Unfortunately this is not an option as we do not own the tickets, Wembley do. 

When you turn up to Wembley, there will be sign posts to direct you to the ticket office there. We will be open from 11am. ”

Make of that what you will, happy to at least have it confirmed my ticket will be at Wembley. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I am back at Eltham and in my B&B - which is a Sunderland stronghold. Well I knew this.  A lovely family - typical of people from that part of the world-, and near neighbours of @Riviera,  who first introduced me. Cass the father is actually abroad and missing it but James his son is going. So we've reviewed the prospects. Consensus is, if McGeady is on his game, and targets Dijksteel, we may have trouble. But they have nothing up front, according to James, and he is perturbed to hear that the Lord has ironed out the Nabster's error tendencies. And, they are petrified of Taylor. He thinks they are more likely to bottle than us. But who knows. 

Probably the only Sunderland family in Eltham, and I am staying with them, but it just adds to the sense of a really big match. Still nervous as hell.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So I am back at Eltham and in my B&B - which is a Sunderland stronghold. Well I knew this.  A lovely family - typical of people from that part of the world-, and near neighbours of @Riviera,  who first introduced me. Cass the father is actually abroad and missing it but James his son is going. So we've reviewed the prospects. Consensus is, if McGeady is on his game, and targets Dijksteel, we may have trouble. But they have nothing up front, according to James, and he is perturbed to hear that the Lord has ironed out the Nabster's error tendencies. And, they are petrified of Taylor. He thinks they are more likely to bottle than us. But who knows. 

Probably the only Sunderland family in Eltham, and I am staying with them, but it just adds to the sense of a really big match. Still nervous as hell.
    Did your pal Vincent get here OK?
    Or is he arriving tomorrow?
  • Options
    I tried to get home.....

I’m 400 odd miles off the west coast of Australia in the Indian Ocean on a gas production facility, and my back to back couldn’t get here earlier so I could get home.

Being a supervisor, and being on night shift I couldn’t find someone else to replace me for the last week out here... I tried. 

I’m totally gutted.  
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I tried to get home.....

I’m 400 odd miles off the west coast of Australia in the Indian Ocean on a gas production facility, and my back to back couldn’t get here earlier so I could get home.

Being a supervisor, and being on night shift I couldn’t find someone else to replace me for the last week out here... I tried. 

I’m totally gutted.  
    thats a shame mate, sorry to hear it.
  • Options
    Just awoke from a jet lagged nap. All settled in at my hotel in Victoria. Off for a lonely pint and a curry. Fingers crossed my ticket is there tomorrow. It’s all going too smoothly so far. 
  • Options
    Just awoke from a jet lagged nap. All settled in at my hotel in Victoria. Off for a lonely pint and a curry. Fingers crossed my ticket is there tomorrow. It’s all going too smoothly so far. 
    There must be a couple of others about up town
  • Options

Did your pal Vincent get here OK?
    Or is he arriving tomorrow?
    Ryanair red-eye. He is getting up at 04.30
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I tried to get home.....

I’m totally gutted.  
    Im similar to you. Had flights booked, ticket sorted...... but couldnt get time off work mainly due to Ramadan as there is no other cover for work. Gutted.

I was working in Paris in '98 and managed to get back by Eurostar, but this time its just not possible.

Will be glued to the TV with the kids tomorrow, very envious of all of you going to the game. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It’s alright, I’m not very sociable with jet lag. Hopefully catching up with an old face tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Arriving 8.15 at Gatwick tomorrow. I hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ryanair from Prague has landed early and an extremely large Czech Addick- for- the-day is now on his way to Liverpool Street. 
  • Options
    He is reporting a lot of Sunderland at Liverpool street. He plans to befriend a few. I told him to offer them money for a shower. I sent him a foto of that female fan taking a shit in the Trafalgar Square fountain. Silence ever since :-)
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It’s alright, I’m not very sociable with jet lag. Hopefully catching up with an old face tomorrow. 
    Exiled - lets meet for a chat before the Westjet flight back to Calgary on Tuesday! 
  • Options
    Oakster said:
    clb74 said:
    Exiled - lets meet for a chat before the Westjet flight back to Calgary on Tuesday! 
    Definitely. Have inboxed you. 
  • Options
    Hope everyone got back OK, some still en route I am sure. 

I got back late last night. Couldn't get off to sleep, still can't let it go. Was beaming with munificence at everyone I encountered, even the security at Heathrowo, some people must have thought I was barking. This morning everything in Prague is normal, quiet compared with the mayhem of the last two days. I remember thids feeling from '98, looking at fellow passengers, and thinking 'you have no idea what kind of weekend I had..."
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

I work in a state-owned bank. State-owned, and it's a bank (think about big money). Hopefully this will help you understand why. :wink:
    I guess you'd also need a visa, Jessie, and that would take time.

Should have finished reading the thread before commenting as two people beat me to this!
    Yes, passport, visa, a lot of other things to prepare and apply for. So this is not possible with such a short time left.
    Apply for your passport and visa now for August 2020 for our first game back in the premiership. 
    Probably still long odds but I bet they've shortened somewhat since then.