Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flying in from Overseas

Comments

• Options
    Flights booked from Bermuda. I could have bought a small terrace house in Doncaster for what I’ve spent on flights these past 2 weeks! 
    I think Id have got a complete terrace mate :)
  • Options
    Booked, really short queue. Not many decent seats left so we are up in the gods Area 547 row 5 x 2 Happy days
  • Options
    Not quite sure where to post this so will probably post in a few threads. Wembley have a stringent bag policy which if you dont know could mean you leaving your worldly goods somewhere or not getting in. This is the link to their policy

https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000028442-wembley-stadium-bag-policy
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited May 2019
    Stringent on flags too.....must be no bigger than 250cm at the longest or widest point. No mention of certificates or fire retardent labels though.
  • Options
    What about drums?
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    Thoughts on using a third party agent? Just realised it’s an extra $6-900 for me to book direct with the airline 😐
    Flight Centre has a price beating guarantee. Pop in and talk to them. There's one on Shortland Street (near Queen Street). 

Cheers mate, these guys must have had sales coaching from you. The advertised price seems to jump 20% by the time you end up settling the bill 😬
  • Options
    jamescafc said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    Thoughts on using a third party agent? Just realised it’s an extra $6-900 for me to book direct with the airline 😐
    Flight Centre has a price beating guarantee. Pop in and talk to them. There's one on Shortland Street (near Queen Street). 

Cheers mate, these guys must have had sales coaching from you. The advertised price seems to jump 20% by the time you end up settling the bill 😬
    I'll buy you one beer to offset it.
  • Options
    What about drums?
    Unwritten policy I heard was bongo drums only
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    Flights booked this morning from Cork. 
    What flight are you on? We're out with Ryanair at 6.15 am into Stansted and then back with Aer Lingus via Heathrow at 22.15
    Too early for me, takes 90 mins to get to the airport so flying out 10.15 Ryanair into Stanstead Saturday, coming back same route Monday night. 
  • Options
    Currently looking at flights from Vancouver but can’t find anything reasonable so I may just wait til the day before see if there’s any last minute ones. Also have the issue of getting a ticket for the game itself. Any other addicks in Vancouver got any tips?
  • Options
    This is bringing back memories of ‘98: flew in from The Bahamas with a case of Kalik beer and shared it at the Oak with other International Addicks. Got invited to the after-match celebrations (by Martin Simons??) held in a TV studio around the corner from Wembley and subsequently got to meet all the players and staff and to shake Super Clive’s hand. This time coming all the way from Tunbridge Wells!
  • Options
    Currently looking at flights from Vancouver but can’t find anything reasonable so I may just wait til the day before see if there’s any last minute ones. Also have the issue of getting a ticket for the game itself. Any other addicks in Vancouver got any tips?
    Skyscanner site showing from £750 return, out Thurs and return Tues.
  • Options
    Flying from Switzerland... Party in Manchester Saturday night, train down getting hammered Sunday morning then on to the game. Come on you reds! 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Flying from Switzerland... Party in Manchester Saturday night, train down getting hammered Sunday morning then on to the game. Come on you reds! 
    Mmmmmm.......hope you make it!!!! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Anyone else flying into London Sunday morning? Was considring Saturday after work but got a ticket at half the price
  • Options
    Yes, from a stag in Barcelona. Should land about 8.30am. Find a gym near Victoria for a shower, put back in lockers and get on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flights booked from Bermuda. I could have bought a small terrace house in Doncaster for what I’ve spent on flights these past 2 weeks! 
    It’s great you’re able to get a return ticket from Bermuda for as little as £2.50.
  • Options
    Don't know why I'm reading this thread...

Rub it in you bastards...

• Options
    jamescafc said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:

Really? We've used them in the past and they were hands down the cheapest 
  • Options
    My neighbour is flying in on Ryanair Sunday morning to Stansted. Lands 07.40. Do you think he can make the 08.15 train into London? 
  • Options
    In my experience he should have no issue if the flight is on time, but I fly in from Ireland and we don't get checked at customs, so no delay there.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Don't know why I'm reading this thread...

Rub it in you bastards...

Me too mate... :'(;)
  • Options
    Flying from Portugal Saturday night, back our Monday morning. COYR
  • Options
    My neighbour is flying in on Ryanair Sunday morning to Stansted. Lands 07.40. Do you think he can make the 08.15 train into London? 
    He would save a little time, and money, by buying the train tickets online. 
  • Options
    A bit like me, extremely tight.