Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What does the sell-out tell us about our club?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Hahah boycott until you start to do well again. Was the same with Leeds. 

Your ground was about a third full at the beginning of the season. Admit it, you just didn’t fancy it because it was a bit crap. :wink:
    It's still a bit crap. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Your ground was about a third full at the beginning of the season. Admit it, you just didn’t fancy it because it was a bit crap. :wink:
    This is how it feels to be lonely, 
    This is how it feels to be small, 
    This is how it feels when your team's won fuck all at all....
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Se7 you going tonight 
  • Options

Ahem, remind us again where you parked that 30,000 seater bandwagon you took to Wembley last time?
  • Options

Just got back from ambushing Pompy have we.
    Gutted Pompey lost to Sunderland MF?
  • Options

Ahem, remind us again where you parked that 30,000 seater bandwagon you took to Wembley last time?
    Thought it was 40,000+.
  • Options

Team in 'selling more tickets for a play off semi final than for a normal league game' shocker. Has this ever happened before?

You won't admit it, but you're secretly a bit impressed that we can sell out the Valley in league one. And i'm sure you'll be cheering us on to get promoted so the Den will be sold out for 1 game next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Admit it ... you can’t wait for us to come up so you can have a bit of an atmosphere in the ground for one game. 

:-:smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to see us play Millwall with LB as manager. Another hoodoo we could lay to rest.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Admit it ... you can’t wait for us to come up so you can have a bit of an atmosphere in the ground for one game. 

:-:smiley:
    Haha... atmosphere v Leeds is better.... but genuinely hope you do come up, a good local derby and far more interesting than Doncaster, and to a lesser degree Sunderland. All the best tonight and at Wembley if/when you get there, which I’m sure you will. 
  • Options
    Would like to see us play Millwall with LB as manager. Another hoodoo we could lay to rest.
    We’ll see who’s cup final it is when that finally happens. :wink:
  • Options
    Awful truth is that it might be the last opportunity to see this great team and manager combo in action.

The match could be absolutely pivotal. At the time of last year's playoffs we knew Bowyer was staying, and we knew the team needed improving. This year we're pretty happy with the whole set up (barring Karlan's absence).

Lose tonight and the whole deck of cards could come crashing down. It's far more likely our best players will leave, it's far more likely Bowyer will leave. And with Roland still owning the club we know we'll almost certainly be taking a massive step backwards next season.

Win, (and win at Wembley), and suddenly the future doesn't look quite so bleak, with an increased likelihood that the club will be sold and key personnel might stay. No guarantee that we'll progress next season, but at least a chance that we will, and at last we'll have put an end to the sequence of seasons in this awful League.

It's also great to remind other clubs that we are genuinely are a sleeping giant. It's almost time to increase the size of the Jimmy Seed Stand :-)

I've broken my soft boycott for tonight (I've paid for a ticket despite my son not coming). Oddly confident that we'll do well, scrap or no scrap.
  • Options

Thought it was 40,000+.
    The extra 10,000 were Portsmouth and West Ham fans as evidenced by the punch ups in their section.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

Se7 you going tonight 
    Yes Chris, I have no morals at all really,!!

how could I stay away, I despise Duchatelet but love Charlton I couldnt miss it, this is a night I think we will remember for years to come. 

Plus, I got a call from the ticket office today to say Lee Bowyer was paying for my ticket so my guilt has eased!! 

Come on you Addicks!!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

Se7 you going tonight 
    Yes Chris, I have no morals at all really,!!

how could I stay away, I despise Duchatelet but love Charlton I couldnt miss it, this is a night I think we will remember for years to come. 

Plus, I got a call from the ticket office today to say Lee Bowyer was paying for my ticket so my guilt has eased!! 

Come on you Addicks!!
    You glory hunters getting free tickets
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Awful truth is that it might be the last opportunity to see this great team and manager combo in action.

The match could be absolutely pivotal. At the time of last year's playoffs we knew Bowyer was staying, and we knew the team needed improving. This year we're pretty happy with the whole set up (barring Karlan's absence).

Lose tonight and the whole deck of cards could come crashing down. It's far more likely our best players will leave, it's far more likely Bowyer will leave. And with Roland still owning the club we know we'll almost certainly be taking a massive step backwards next season.

Win, (and win at Wembley), and suddenly the future doesn't look quite so bleak, with an increased likelihood that the club will be sold and key personnel might stay. No guarantee that we'll progress next season, but at least a chance that we will, and at last we'll have put an end to the sequence of seasons in this awful League.

It's also great to remind other clubs that we are genuinely are a sleeping giant. It's almost time to increase the size of the Jimmy Seed Stand :-)

I've broken my soft boycott for tonight (I've paid for a ticket despite my son not coming). Oddly confident that we'll do well, scrap or no scrap.
    Or we could keep everyone and push for autos next season.