Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKY TV prices

124»

Comments

• I signed up last night funnily enough, was going to wait until the new year when I will buy a 4K tv but the black friday offers were too good.

Entertainment, Sports, box sets + multi-room for £52 per month. Also came with free boxes and free installation.
  • Talal said:
    I pay Sky £0 per month. Cancelled it 7 years ago and never regretted it for a second
    This thread probably isn't for you then.
    Au contraire. Still interesting to me to see how much the prices have gone up. When I cancelled, I had everything and was paying 37 quid a month. Looks like the average now is around 80 - and that's with negotiated discounts. Madness! 
  • Talal said:
    I pay Sky £0 per month. Cancelled it 7 years ago and never regretted it for a second
    This thread probably isn't for you then.
    Au contraire. Still interesting to me to see how much the prices have gone up. When I cancelled, I had everything and was paying 37 quid a month. Looks like the average now is around 80 - and that's with negotiated discounts. Madness! 
    Depends what your £37 was paying for then and what £80 gets you now. How long ago was your £37 and what did it cover?

I can't imagine anyone on this thread paying £80 isn't getting the whole lot including tv, phone, broadband I'd be amazed if that's a fair comparison.
  • Everything - including all the sport channels, a the movies and broadband - though I didn't have mobile service from them. The only thing I replaced was the broadband - with Plusnet, who were about 8 quid a month cheaper for faster service. The rest I just... Stopped using 
  • Daughter has just phoned Sky to renegotiate her deal which includes multi screen, superfast BB & films. 

Is currently paying £98pm ....

Spoke with Abdul who said he could only offer a reduction of £9pm.

Taking the advice from others' experiences on here via her Mum, she rang again & spoke to A N Other and has reduced her monthly payment to £63 ! 

More to spend on my Xmas present ! :-)

• It does seem to depend who you speak to. I phoned back 3 times before I got my best deal 
  • Glovepup said:
    I signed up last night funnily enough, was going to wait until the new year when I will buy a 4K tv but the black friday offers were too good.

Entertainment, Sports, box sets + multi-room for £52 per month. Also came with free boxes and free installation.
    Realisation today that sport channels are not 4K unless you add the Q experience to the account, fortunately that is also 50% off. Once the install is complete on Monday I shall get that added. Taking my total £58.
  • Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:
    I signed up last night funnily enough, was going to wait until the new year when I will buy a 4K tv but the black friday offers were too good.

Realisation today that sport channels are not 4K unless you add the Q experience to the account, fortunately that is also 50% off. Once the install is complete on Monday I shall get that added. Taking my total £58.
    Actually my account appears to have this already! I find it so confusing.
  • husband has rung 3 times now and is getting no where with anyone. He’s quoted Black Friday, he’s said others are getting deals. He got offered Netflix and speedier broadband on Tuesday for 76 which is 10 less than we are now but still not as good as some other deals on here but they won’t give him that now and aren’t budging. Any more tips or success stories? I’m happy to try calling myself but account in his name. 
  • husband has rung 3 times now and is getting no where with anyone. He’s quoted Black Friday, he’s said others are getting deals. He got offered Netflix and speedier broadband on Tuesday for 76 which is 10 less than we are now but still not as good as some other deals on here but they won’t give him that now and aren’t budging. Any more tips or success stories? I’m happy to try calling myself but account in his name. 
    I told a little white lie.  Said that a close friend had just been offered fibre, entertainment & sports for £50 a month & wanted the same deal. I dont have sky Q though so I guess that makes a difference as it would be more expensive  

Think of a deal that you think is acceptable & push for it.  It does depend who you speak to though.  Some agents will go above and beyond to help you, some don't seem bothered. Keep pushing 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    Alternatively, go on the sky website but dont log in. Build a package you want as if you were a new customer & see what the price is, then phone them up & push for that deal 
  • edited November 2019
    Just called to do mine...

Previously - essential broadband, TV: Original + sports = Total £61

Now - essential broadband, TV: entertainment + sports = Total £55, plus one off £10 admin fee

Still too much.. but it's better

Was offered Netflix for £6.50 exrra
    And multiroom for £6 extra 

18 month contract, but my sport expires in Sep coz it was from a previous, even better, deal (£13/mo)

All on Sky Q

Could I have done better?
  • Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:

The figures above don't include broadband, right?
  • cafcpolo said:
    My bill for that lot broken down is £39.

£17 - Entertainment (10 discount)
    £12 - Ultimate on demand
    £9 - Sports (19 discount)
    £0 - Sports HD (6 discount)
    £1 - SkyHD (£4 discount)
    You can currently get your Ultimate on Demand (Netflix + box sets, for those who don't know) for half price if you call and ask. Offer on for another week. 
    Ask for the retention team. Explain politely that you wanted to stay with sky but others are getting great deals without haggling and you are now mightily fed up and will leave if you don’t get one to. Must be the retention team rather than the first person who answers. 
    Ask for the retention team. Explain politely that you wanted to stay with sky but others are getting great deals without haggling and you are now mightily fed up and will leave if you don’t get one to. Must be the retention team rather than the first person who answers. 
    I called and said I was leaving because every tom dick and harry seemed to be on better deals. I got put through to the retention team and they did my deal there and then. The number I called was the one to cancel your sky subscription and they transferred me to the retention team.
  • Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:

The figures above don't include broadband, right?
    Correct. Currently work for an ISP so get that for free, though being made redundant next month and will only get for free for 6 months following my leave date. Better than nothing I guess.
  • We still have another 6 months on our contract so threatening will get us no where. He’s done the ‘this is what I could get as a new customer’ thing and the bloke said ‘yeah you’re not new. Deals in all companies are never as good for existing customers’ that came as £69 with broadband, uhd, sky q, sports, no cinema or box sets or kids stuff. (Which we don’t want) and we pay for net flicks separately. 

the bloke said we’re already on the best deal for everything. We’re now arguing about it as he thinks I’m making it up he can get a better deal and I can’t ring as it’s not in my name. 
  • Spoke  to retention team On Friday. Mine includes BB , phone and full Q package. Had drifted up to £150 a month. Got them down to £104 but gave 31 days notice . Will try again this Friday
  • holyjo said:
    Spoke  to retention team On Friday. Mine includes BB , phone and full Q package. Had drifted up to £150 a month. Got them down to £104 but gave 31 days notice . Will try again this Friday
    Let them ring you holyjo
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    holyjo said:
    Spoke  to retention team On Friday. Mine includes BB , phone and full Q package. Had drifted up to £150 a month. Got them down to £104 but gave 31 days notice . Will try again this Friday
    Let them ring you holyjo
    This or just check your online account for any special offers, Sky often offer very good deals online once notice has been given.
  • holyjo said:
    I have the full package like you but was ‘only’ paying £133. Their first offer was £112 but I stuck to my guns and got the lot for £85 per month 
  • just rung them and spoke to a nice fella, dropped my monthly bill from £105 to £60 @ month, didn't even really have to argue much for that ?!?!

full multi room sky Q package with all the channels etc.
  • holyjo said:
    Hold your nerve. You will get an offer at some point of 50-60% off. Even if it’s the day before it all due to cut off
  • Ultimatum said:
    holyjo said:
    Hold your nerve. You will get an offer at some point of 50-60% off. Even if it’s the day before it all due to cut off
    Just got the whole Q package , multi room , enhanced Broadband and free any time calls £83.50 a month ........a reduction of £67.50 compared to previous 
  • Now TV are doing a good Black Friday deal Sky Sports for £20 a month for the next 6 months. The dongle is also half price at £15 instead of £30. Would take you up to the end of the season. 
  • just rung them and spoke to a nice fella, dropped my monthly bill from £105 to £60 @ month, didn't even really have to argue much for that ?!?!

Inc. broadband and line rental? No way!
  • holyjo said:
    Ultimatum said:
    holyjo said:
    Just got the whole Q package , multi room , enhanced Broadband and free any time calls £83.50 a month ........a reduction of £67.50 compared to previous 
    Yep. That’s pretty much what I got. 

Inc. broadband and line rental? No way!
    Not broadband