Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV prices

Comments

• Options
    I ‘cancel’ our sky every year. It’s marked on the calendar 28 days before the end of my contract. 

Within those 28 days, I get offered 25% off straight away, always decline that. I don’t usually hear anything until the last week (roughly) then offers usually pop up either on the app or email for 50-60% off. Sky are easy to haggle with , if you have Virgin in your area it’s even easier. I always use the freeview excuse saying I can’t afford Sky anymore and I’ll just use the freeview channels. Now BT sport and Sky have access to their sports channels , my next renewal will be BT TV based. 
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:
    I ‘cancel’ our sky every year. It’s marked on the calendar 28 days before the end of my contract. 

Within those 28 days, I get offered 25% off straight away, always decline that. I don’t usually hear anything until the last week (roughly) then offers usually pop up either on the app or email for 50-60% off. Sky are easy to haggle with , if you have Virgin in your area it’s even easier. I always use the freeview excuse saying I can’t afford Sky anymore and I’ll just use the freeview channels. Now BT sport and Sky have access to their sports channels , my next renewal will be BT TV based. 
    Unless Labour get in and they nationalise it, who knows how much it will cost then  :)
  • Options
    Spoke to them earlier - I’m now paying £84.50 for everything I can think of (internet, tv, all sports HD, HD for everything, Boxsets/Netflix (HD), Cinema & kids. 
    £1000 for television and internet, absolute madness to me.

I guess its completely subjective how people want to spend their wages though.
  • Options
    Thanks to this thread ive just reduced my bill & upgraded to the fastest internet  for 18 months so really pleased. 

Also, i have to say the guy I spoke to on the phone was the friendliest most helpful sky agent I've ever dealt with 
  • Options
    Thanks @MartinCAFC for the heads up. I didn't realise nearly two years had passed since I last called Sky with the leave threat and my bills had crept up and up. Just come off the phone, I was paying £133 pm for the lot, first offer was £112 but after reading this thread I held out for £85. Didn't quite manage it though and had to settle for £87.33 but still well happy. 
  • Options
    Wow thank you CL - following advice on here Sky have knocked my (TV only) bill down from £96 PCM (plus I was paying for Netflix separately) to £66 PCM incl Netflix - so saving over £40 per month. The offer is for all customers, not just existing - so if you are paying a lot for Sky, ring them today!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bloody hell folks!  Get on the phone today!!!

I currently have one main sky telly with an HD box, no multi room, full tv package including movies and sports, fast broadband, sky landline and phone. I’m paying £125 per month which is about to go up to £135. 

I called up to say I’m perfectly happy with sky, don’t want to move to virgin. Want to keep what we’ve got but I’m paying too much. Without any haggling at all I was offered £99.50 a month for what I’ve got. I mentioned the Black Friday deals on upgrading to Sky Q. Ten minutes on hold and I am offered an upgrade to Sky Q, a two rooms box which works wirelessly, a Broadband boost, the full TV package, phone and landline, free engineering visits when necessary. All for £88.50 per month and I didn’t haggle at all. Absolutely brilliant deal. 

BTW I was told that those like me who ring up to say they are happy and don’t want to move get better deals than those who threaten to leave for a better deal at Virgin etc. I’ve been with Sky for more than 15 years therefore qualified for some sort of “VIP” deal. 

Happy Bunny. 

Only downside is Ill lose whatever is in my box at the moment so I’ll need to find a way to get the recordings of Wembley back!  
  • Options
    Sky cinema, entertainment, sports & 
    broadband - £62. 
  • Options
    Am with virgin. 

68.50 for tv (4 TiVo boxes) fastest broadband and land phone.
    not got sports though.  
  • Options
    Thanks to this thread am now saving £50 a month, well pleased.

Was paying £115 a month, got the black Friday deal, Entertainment + broadband + Sky sports + cinema, extra £6.50  for Multi screen so paying £66/month.

Sky are giving me  the sky Q box with free installation, but so they should with all the dosh they made on my account.

Should have asked 18 months ago.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My sky deal finishes the end of the month they are ringing me up a couple of times a week at the moment.
  • Options

I currently have one main sky telly with an HD box, no multi room, full tv package including movies and sports, fast broadband, sky landline and phone. I’m paying £125 per month which is about to go up to £135. 

I called up to say I’m perfectly happy with sky, don’t want to move to virgin. Want to keep what we’ve got but I’m paying too much. Without any haggling at all I was offered £99.50 a month for what I’ve got. I mentioned the Black Friday deals on upgrading to Sky Q. Ten minutes on hold and I am offered an upgrade to Sky Q, a two rooms box which works wirelessly, a Broadband boost, the full TV package, phone and landline, free engineering visits when necessary. All for £88.50 per month and I didn’t haggle at all. Absolutely brilliant deal. 

BTW I was told that those like me who ring up to say they are happy and don’t want to move get better deals than those who threaten to leave for a better deal at Virgin etc. I’ve been with Sky for more than 15 years therefore qualified for some sort of “VIP” deal. 

Happy Bunny. 

Only downside is Ill lose whatever is in my box at the moment so I’ll need to find a way to get the recordings of Wembley back!  
    I downloaded the full coverage of the final today as it’s available on demand 👍
  • Options

Happy Bunny. 

I downloaded the full coverage of the final today as it’s available on demand 👍
    Excellent. Cheers. 
  • Options
    It's worth restating, for the best deals you have to ask specifically for " Black Friday " deals.

• Options
    A useful thread highlighting these latest deals.

I was paying £85.30 month for Sky (had just gone up £6 this month) with a separate monthly Netflix subscription of £11.99, so £97.29 for the two.

Just rang Sky up and am now getting a monthly subscription payment of £77.50 which includes Netflix and Sky Box Sets which I didn't have previously. I could have probably tried haggling for a further reduction as I am paying slightly more for Sky Cinema and Sky Sports than that quoted earlier by @MartinCAFC but a ~£20/month reduction was a good 5 minutes worth of work on a Sunday morning.
    Having said yesterday that I could have probably got a greater reduction but didn't haggle, I did go back to Sky today and asked if they were sure they were quoting me the Black Friday Mega Bundle, as elements of the £77.50 quoted yesterday were higher than I was aware others were being quoted. They have now given me £49.50/month, which compares with the £97.29 I was previously paying for Sky plus the separate Netflix subscription. It seems not all the folks you speak to at Sky are fully aware of all their current offers (the lady I spoke to wasn't immediately aware of the Black Friday Mega Bundle and had to go off and check). Then within the deals there still seem to be other variations that they find in their system, i.e. my revised offer reflects only £6.50/month for Sky Q Multiscreen (I think I saw £13 quoted by someone else) and £13.00 for Sky Sports but then I am paying a couple of quid more for Sky Entertainment. Go figure!

• Options
    I went for the mega bundle but the guy wouldn't include the kids shows for some reason so I ended up removing cinema (got netflix and don't even use it all that much anyway) so paying £50.50 a month. He didn't seem very clued up on the bundle so think I'll try ringing again tomorrow.
    If nothing changes I'm still paying less than I was before and getting a fair bit more so pretty happy. 
  • Options
    Managed to get my bill down to £40 for unlimited superfast fibre & the basic entertainment package.  Pretty happy with that.  I did say I'd stretch my budget to £50 a month if they threw in sky sports for the extra £10 but agent said he couldn't go that low on the sports package. 

Happy with my deal though 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Managed to get my bill down to £40 for unlimited superfast fibre & the basic entertainment package.  Pretty happy with that.  I did say I'd stretch my budget to £50 a month if they threw in sky sports for the extra £10 but agent said he couldn't go that low on the sports package. 

Happy with my deal though 
    Sky sports is £11 with the entertainment package, its advertised as £15 but works out less if you select the mega bundle online and remove the packages you dont want. Yesterday we signed up for the basic 300 Channels, movies and HD for £35 pm. Sticking with virgin for broadband as it's only £21. 
  • Options
    Negotiated our contract today with a very decent result BUT did have to remind the guy who dealt with me a couple of times that I was calling because the Black Friday deals/mega bundles appear to make it a worthwhile exercise. 

We currently have the Entertainment & Sports package plus Broadband & Talk Anytime Extra, paying £71.50 pm but with TV deal increasing by £10 pm from January....£40 for TV & £31.50 for BB & phone. No extras such as multi screen & pay separately for Netflix.

After some 10 mins or so, I have an 18 month deal costing £53 pm .....£30 TV & £23 for BB & phone.....A whopping  £28.50 less than we would have been paying after the NY ! 

I did remind the guy that we are VIP customers due to the longevity of our custom but unsure whether this made any difference in the end. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck, All ! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I changed my TV Package from having Box Sets that I never watch to just the Entertainment package with all the Sports channels and Cinema for £45/m instead of the £82.50 that I'm currently paying.  Spent half the conversation talking about this weekend's match and our managers as he worked out I was a Charlton fan from my email address and he supports Cardiff!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Negotiated our contract today with a very decent result BUT did have to remind the guy who dealt with me a couple of times that I was calling because the Black Friday deals/mega bundles appear to make it a worthwhile exercise. 

We currently have the Entertainment & Sports package plus Broadband & Talk Anytime Extra, paying £71.50 pm but with TV deal increasing by £10 pm from January....£40 for TV & £31.50 for BB & phone. No extras such as multi screen & pay separately for Netflix.

After some 10 mins or so, I have an 18 month deal costing £53 pm .....£30 TV & £23 for BB & phone.....A whopping  £28.50 less than we would have been paying after the NY ! 

I did remind the guy that we are VIP customers due to the longevity of our custom but unsure whether this made any difference in the end. 

@Fanny Fanackapan

May I just ask does that £23 for BB and phone include line rental?
  • Options

@Fanny Fanackapan

May I just ask does that £23 for BB and phone include line rental?
    Yes, it does. 

So our whole outlay is now £53 pm for the 2 TV packages, Broadband, telephone line rental & calls.
  • Options
    IPTV 90 Euro for 2 years, every channel
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    IPTV 90 Euro for 2 years, every channel
    What is this and how does it work?
  • Options

Is that with sky Q or regular sky? I might call them back & see if theyll match it 
  • Options
    Just phoned sky back & got an incredible deal. Unlimited fibre, entertainment, kids & sports for £49 a month! 
  • Options
    I checked the confirmation email I got from Sky which breaks down my bill and turns out my £57.50 total I detailed on the previous page included an existing discount which runs out in 6 months time meaning after 6 months my bill would go up beyond £60 and so having contacted Sky they put through the original £60 a month offer I wanted which lasts the whole 18 months.

Sky Entertainment £22
    Ultimate On Demand £6
    Sky Kids £2.50
    Sky Sports £13
    Sky Cinema £5.50
    Sky Sports HD £2
    Sky HD £2.50
    Sky Q Multiscreen £6.50

Total £60 for 18 months

The best number to ring Sky on for Black Friday offers is not the main number but 0333 202 2135 which is there cancellations team they are the people who will process these offers, the main number won't do these deals and you'll spend at least 20 mins in the queue, the above number probably 5 mins wait at most.
  • Options
    I pay Sky £0 per month. Cancelled it 7 years ago and never regretted it for a second
  • Options
    I look around on my desktop computer for sky football streams which can be got for free.