Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster | Fri 17 May | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Evening lads.
    it does sound as though some of you are getting a bit nervous about player little old Donny tomorrow night.
    So far in all the play off matches, the lowest placed teams have beaten the higher placed ones over two legs.
    if we can stay in the tie leading up to the last twenty or thirty minutes I can see the balance swinging to us.
    Obviously you start as out an out favourites but strange things are happening in football right now.
    It was a good game at the Keepmoat on Sunday and in reality it could have gone our way if your keeper hadn’t saved from Coppinger or That free kick been a couple of inches lower.
    Fine margins as you will know.
    Hopefully we can come and make it a nervy night for you.

Not sure why any teams fans would like to go around saying little old Donny, hopefully we send back as any bigger club should do :)
  • Options
    I've just had blueberry muesli and it turned the milk a funny grey-purple colour.  Whether this is a portent of something miraculous or not, I don't know.
  • Options
    So much arrogance on here. 

Let's hope JP can bang in a goal and and we finish 1-0. Truth be told as nerve racking as it'll be I'd take a 0-0 

I just want us to get past Donny whatever it takes.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So much arrogance on here. 

Let's hope JP can bang in a goal and and we finish 1-0. Truth be told as nerve racking as it'll be I'd take a 0-0 

I just want us to get past Little Donny whatever it takes.
    Agreed though
  • Options
    They didn't look comfortable defensively in the first leg, just need to attack them from the first whistle and I think (hope) we'll be fine. Let's ave it
  • Options
    Cant wait. Really looking forward to seeing a full and rocking Valley and hopefully Bows boys doing the business on the pitch. COYR. 
  • Options
    It'll be a walk in the park.
    We will get 2 they need 3 to take us to penalties.
    Where's that it's happening gif.
    I want to belt out a
    We're on the march with bowyers army 
    Were all going
    But I know some on here will go into meltdown 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    It'll be a walk in the park.
    We will get 2 they need 3 to take us to penalties.
    Where's that it's happening gif.
    I want to belt out a
    We're on the march with bowyers army 
    Were all going
    But I know some on here will go into meltdown 

Image result for graphic melt down
  • Options
    News of interest for proppa Charlton. Just passed the Mayflower steam train on 11.20 Blackburn to Preston. Surely an omen. Further updates to follow. Ross 1 listen and learn 🚃😉
  • Options
    Only 8 hours till KO.
    Tick tock tick tock 
  • Options
    Only 8 hours till KO.
    Tick tock tick tock 
    What time you over there 
  • Options

Leaving Stoke at 1.00pm - hopefully beat the traffic, stop for a bite to eat and park up the top before 6. Stroll down the hill, a swift one in the Rose and then make our way to The Valley. 

Come on you Red Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Does anyone know what time the fans bar opens tonight?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Only 8 hours till KO.
    Tick tock tick tock 
    What time you over there 
    Be in the oak about 5pm
  • Options
    I believe it’s 5.45
  • Options
    so what's being laid out on the seats then to be held up ???

weren't they asking for a dozen or so volunteers? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I’m not going to do a usual preview as I done one last week prior to the away leg. I’ve said who I believe are the players we have to watch out for most, I’ve said how they set up and play. We saw that on Sunday.

Doncaster have played 6 games away from home since our 1-1 league draw up at the Keepmoat back in early March. They’ve picked up only 5 points from those games, winning one and drawing two, of course, losing the other three. Scoring 4 and conceding 11.

Charlton have played 6 games at home since drawing away at Doncaster back in March. We have won all 6, scoring 16 and conceding 3. Form wise, everything does point to us getting a positive result and getting the job done. However, as we have seen recently, football is extremely unpredictable so we must respect them, but we must continue to play our game. I am absolutely sure Bowyer will set us up as he has done throughout the season at The Valley, this team will not let up.

Changes wise, I think we are likely to see one, potentially two. Morgan has done exceptionally well when he has been in the side recently, his performances for such a young man have been fantastic. However, I do see him starting on the bench tomorrow night with Williams coming back into team. The other potential change could be Solly coming in for Dijksteel, I wouldn’t anticipate this happening but his experience in a game like this could be the deciding factor. The problem is, our bench is very likely to be fairly defensive tomorrow so it could be vital for us to get an early goal and ensure we are professional from there for the rest of the game. Someone is going to miss out on the bench and I’m going to say Lapslie. George hasn’t been involved as much recently and I am unsure tomorrow is going to be a game suited to him. 

Cannot wait for tomorrow night, seeing The Valley full with the crowd behind the players, giving them the extra boost and confidence. We the place is rocking, it is a beautiful, wonderful sight to see and experience.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Bauer Sarr Purrington
    Bielik
    Cullen Aribo
    Williams
    Taylor Parker

Maxwell, Solly, Pearce, Page, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Morgan

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Doncaster Rovers
    Taylor
    Parker
    That is way too defensive in my mind. What if Donny score early and we cannot get one back? We need more attacking options on the bench and I would have Reeves rather than Forster-Caskey for that reason. Pratley can be the defensive midfield  change if we need one. If Igor is anywhere near fit I would have him for 30m, we do not need two full backs on the subs bench, especially Page, who cannot be match fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aargh. My trip to the pub to watch this has been sabotaged - my daughter is ill. Anyone got a stream for the game?
  • Options
    On flight to Gatwick....about to turn phone off.
  • Options
    Aargh. My trip to the pub to watch this has been sabotaged - my daughter is ill. Anyone got a stream for the game?
    Download the Now TV app on your pc and pay £8.99 for sky sports day pass to guarantee best coverage.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I believe it’s 5.45
    Many thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    taken from the BBC website stats … 'Since Lee Bowyer's first game in charge of Charlton Athletic on March 24, 2018, the Addicks have won more league matches (including play-offs) than any other non-Premier League side (33 wins).'

Just phenomenal.

EDIT .. see that @orpingtonRED beat me to it ((:>)
  • Options
    Need to have a nap  before kick-off (2.15am) but anxious I may oversleep.

Just very nervous.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I love these 2 legged affairs.
    We have a goal advantage but does it make things much easier for us.
    Me I'd be at Doncaster from the off , what happens though if 20 mins in we concede.
    Do we sit back a bit more it's for Donny to come at us.
    Bring it on
    Why? the scores would be level 
  • Options
    Lapslie in the squad for tonight.

Really have no idea who is going to be on the bench and who is going to miss out. We could see the same team as Sunday but with Sols on the bench.
  • Options
    I think today we need to be as loud and proud as we can. Everytime we are out of possession, whistle and boo your hearts out, make Doncaster feel as uncomfortable as we can. Anyway we can influence we should
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Lapslie in the squad for tonight.

Really have no idea who is going to be on the bench and who is going to miss out. We could see the same team as Sunday but with Sols on the bench.
    Starting / Bench / Or unsure?