Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preseason Friendlies 2019

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What was the score last year?
    2-1. Lyle scored the winner
  • Options
    is Roland still charging them to send a team there?
    No. Never has done.

Someone posted on here the other day that RD was told about the history between the 2 clubs as soon as he proposed it. So he dropped the idea.

The rest is just internet gossip. 
    Pretty sure that at least one season we charged them a fee.
    NAPM Large, top man.
  • Options
    Picked up a concession ticket for the east stand yesterday.£10 as bought in advance. Sky have a gantry in place for some filming so a block of seats at the north end aren't being sold as the view would be obstructed.
  • Options
    Although they may be charging £15, and some consider this excessive, take on board the fact that at the level Welling play at, games like these are vital for their financial stability.
    A decent FA Cup run wouldn't hurt either.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Picked up a concession ticket for the east stand yesterday.£10 as bought in advance. Sky have a gantry in place for some filming so a block of seats at the north end aren't being sold as the view would be obstructed.
         So we are the next "fly on the wall" exposé. That will be fun watching in a years time. I can see why Jonny William's wants to stay.....😁
  • Options
    Although they may be charging £15, and some consider this excessive, take on board the fact that at the level Welling play at, games like these are vital for their financial stability.
    A decent FA Cup run wouldn't hurt either.
    I would like to retract this statement.
    After trumping up £35 for me and my two children to watch a uneventful  kick about, agree that it was overpriced. Won't be doing that again (not at those prices).
  • Options
    Just a reminder that if you are popping down to Stonebridge Road/The Kuflink Stadium tomorrow night that Kick off is at 7.30pm and there is no segregation. Admission for the game is £10 (adults), £7 (concessions), £5 (juniors, 12-16) and £1 for U12s
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Just a reminder that if you are popping down to Stonebridge Road/The Kuflink Stadium tomorrow night that Kick off is at 7.30pm and there is no segregation. Admission for the game is £10 (adults), £7 (concessions), £5 (juniors, 12-16) and £1 for U12s
    Do you know the age cut off for old gits?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Is it a first team game or a "Charlton XI"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Is it a first team game or a "Charlton XI"
    Think this is classed as a First-Team game so you'll probably see similar players to those who played against Welling

I guess there will be a good chance of Ben Amos being involved too
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll play 2 different teams in each half like Welling, and if any trialists show up at all
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I wonder if we'll play 2 different teams in each half like Welling, and if any trialists show up at all
    With two games in two days LB will probably split the squad.
  • Options
    It's first team I'm reliably told, plus you all get to sing at Lawrie Wilson again ;-)

@Redrobo Just hobble thru the turnstyles like most of the regulars, they'll let you in for the cheap price ;-)

Bad news is that we've fixed the PA system.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    It's first team I'm reliably told, plus you all get to sing at Lawrie Wilson again ;-)

@Redrobo Just hobble thru the turnstyles like most of the regulars, they'll let you in for the cheap price ;-)

Is the PA Announcer any good?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2019
    BDL said:

Is the PA Announcer any good?
    The one last Saturday wasn't too bad I'm told

• Options
    I am going tomorrow night to support my friend & fellow announcer. :-)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2019
    bc_addick said:
    'Triffic ;-)

If anyone is driving, don't park on Thames Way as it's a Clearway and you are likely to get ticketed. Ebbsfleet Car Park C (Marked as Domestic Departures) will be open, costs about £3 to park and a 5 minute walk from the ground.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ebbsfleet? It’s all about the game away at Eastbourne United tonight. See the Premier League stars for the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton’s pre-season action will be streamed on Valley Pass for all of the club's friendly matches, apart from the trip to Colchester United on July 23rd.

Valley Pass costs just £6.50 per month or £60 for the year and you can sign-up here.

You can watch live coverage of Tuesday evening's game at the Kuflink Stadium against Ebbsfleet United from 7.20pm in the company of Valley Pass commentators Terry Smith and Lewis Catt.

Remaining pre-season friendlies that will be streamed on Valley Pass are as follows:

Tuesday July 16th: Ebbsfleet United v Charlton – Stonebridge Road (7:30pm)

Wednesday July 17th: Dagenham & Redbridge v Charlton – Chigwell Construction Stadium (7:30pm)

Saturday July 20th: Gillingham v Charlton – Priestfield Stadium (2pm)

Saturday July 27th: Charlton v Aston Villa – The Valley (3pm)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d2d77ea46352/watch-pre-season-live-on-valley-pass
  • Options
    BDL said:
    bc_addick said:
    'Triffic ;-)

If anyone is driving, don't park on Thames Way as it's a Clearway and you are likely to get ticketed. Ebbsfleet Car Park C (Marked as Domestic Departures) will be open, costs about £3 to park and a 5 minute walk from the ground.
    Was thinking of going tonight. Is that really the best place to park...?? Always found driving to the station awful & seem to go round in circles once you've come off the A2. 
  • Options
    BDL said:
    bc_addick said:
    'Triffic ;-)

Was thinking of going tonight. Is that really the best place to park...?? Always found driving to the station awful & seem to go round in circles once you've come off the A2. 
    Get off the roundabout then
  • Options
    BDL said:
    bc_addick said:
    'Triffic ;-)

Get off the roundabout then
    Well if you are coming off the A2 then yes it is as you have to go past it!

• Options
    I presume we can get tickets for D&R on the gate? 

• Options
    kimbo said:
    I presume we can get tickets for D&R on the gate? 

Yes.
  • Options
    Anyone received tickets for Saturday yet?
  • Options
    Anyone going tonight who could do updates?