Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preseason Friendlies 2019

Comments

• Options
    King's Lynn Town, my hometown club in fact, have on their website - July 30th: King's Lynn Town v Charlton XI (7:30)
  • Options
    Hoping that we play another game at East Grinstead this season, the ground is 2 mins walk from my flat but I couldn't go last year because I was playing cricket
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    King's Lynn Town, my hometown club in fact, have on their website - July 30th: King's Lynn Town v Charlton XI (7:30)

• Options
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Sunderland would be a good shout .. chance for revenge and would attract a right good attendance ((:>)
  • Options
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Sunderland would be a good shout .. chance for revenge and would attract a right good attendance ((:>)
    The last team they will want to see is us ! 
  • Options
    Villa. With Darren Bent to present the trophy.
  • Options
    Rangers play in Hummel kit

just saying...
  • Options
    everyone hoping for a big pre season match wasn't we wanting to limit the amount of money Roland gets. 

think solly's testimonial will be west ham 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really looking forward to the pre season tour of Azerbaijan
  • Options
    Ross said:
    All these matches against Charlton Athletic XI are because that's how many contracted players we'll have...
    I laughed and then thought, shit you might be right :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    everyone hoping for a big pre season match wasn't we wanting to limit the amount of money Roland gets. 

Good luck with making a profit on a pre-season game - testimonials apart.
  • Options

Good luck with making a profit on a pre-season game.
    announce celtic/rangers and you would have a very healty crowd all getting tanked up on high margin beer etc.
  • Options
    Dorking Wanderers v Charlton lX  ,25th July at Meadowbank Stadium 
  • Options
    We need to play Norwich. Apparently all the teams that played Norwich in pre season friendly's last year were promoted this year.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Good luck with making a profit on a pre-season game.
    announce celtic/rangers and you would have a very healty crowd all getting tanked up on high margin beer etc.
    How much profit do you think the club makes on a pint of beer through outsourced catering? My guess is a lot less than 50p.

The important revenue from live football is TV then tickets, tickets, tickets and tickets. Everything else is a long, long way behind, because of the cost of sale - and in the case of beer the duty.
  • Options

Away to Dagenham and Redbridge on Wednesday July 17th, 7.30 k.o 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Away to Dagenham and Redbridge on Wednesday July 17th, 7.30 k.o 
    I wonder how many Loyalty points will be needed to get tickets for this game. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sunderland?

We can show them the cup and medals.
    Jim Bowen “Come and see what you could have won...”!
  • Options
    There is a decent fixture to be announced some time this week - could give us a steer as to how the season will go
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    There is a decent fixture to be announced some time this week - could give us a steer as to how the season will go
    Abroad?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Delhi Dynamos away?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Aston Villa, July 27th....
  • Options
    Villa at our place, part of the deal when they needed to recall Steer to soften the blow
  • Options
    Do you think there will be an overseas trip in prep for the Championship ?
    If so, I’m hoping it’s Marbella or Portugal. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Villa at our place, part of the deal when they needed to recall Steer to soften the blow
    Told you - we have to play-off for the Darren Bent trophy.