Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IGOR - Gone West(erlo) p.10

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Sad to see him released but money talks.
    Thanks Igor for the moments in the final games and those two goals away to Brighton. Good luck to you and your family.

• Options
    Sadly it's probably best for all concerned. Hi last few games for us showed that when match fit and motivated he still has something to offer even at Championship level, but also we can see the physical fragility is not behind him yet either.

If he was going to stay it was as a 5th striker on significantly reduced wages. Not to say he would necessarily be 5th choice as if fit, but you wouldn't want to be banking on him actualy being fit.

A sad end, but at least he got to make a contribution in the run in.

Good luck Igor.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Shame to see him go but understandable given the twin negatives of high wages and excessive injuries.

• Options
    Injury issues are too much of a risk. He has to take a massive pay cut somewhere and show he is over them. Probably back in Belgium.
    Apart from the fact his injury issues were largely down to mis-management by the club.
    Yet he was missing at 3 stages this season despite the fact that he was never rushed back, he's brittle.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Has just signed to play for Bob Peeters at Westerlo. Probably took a massive paycut but I remember him saying Peeters wws a big part of why he joined us. Good luck to him. Think we could have done far worse than offering him a one year deal. I would hope we pay better than Westerlo, but then again... 
    I have to agree with this. 

I think he could have offered us something different. 
  • Options
    had a great game against Luton when we stopped their unbeaten run, but probably wasn't the player he was. I wonder what they are paying him compared to what we are now paying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be injured long term by October sadly. 
  • Options
    Two bob Mickey Mouse Belgian second tier and home capacity of 8000. Shame about his injuries. I wonder if he would have stayed for two and a half per week?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Two bob Mickey Mouse Belgian second tier and home capacity of 8000. Shame about his injuries. I wonder if he would have stayed for two and a half per week?
    A waste of money though as you'd be lucky to get 15 decent games a season out of him
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Has just signed to play for Bob Peeters at Westerlo in the Belgian second tier. Probably took a massive paycut but I remember him saying Peeters wws a big part of why he joined us. Good luck to him. Think we could have done far worse than offering him a one year deal. I would hope we pay better than Westerlo, but then again... 
    If we had any slack in the budget I suspect we’d have gambled on giving Igor a deal as a 5th striker based on his potential ability but also unreliability injury wise. It seems Igor would’ve taken a pay cut, and I suspect he’d have stayed in London. 

With money so tight though he just wasn’t an option sadly. 
  • Options
    Decent player but not worth the risk at any level when running a thin squad.  Not only injury prone but takes a couple of games to get into his stride and generally then gets injured immediately he gets there.
  • Options
    Didnt realise that Bob Peeters was still in Management (i.e. in a job)

Good luck to Igor, no surprise he's gone back to Belgium