Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC v Doncaster crowd prediction

Comments

• Was originally thinking around 20k but looks like being more - 22731
  • 9,326 following the 3-0 defeat at The Keepmoat
    Cant wait to witness a 4-0 victory at the Valley ;)
    You will mate, you will.
  • I reckon we will hit 20k tomorrow morning in just home sales. If Donny sell 2k and we sell another 2k minimum in the next week then looking at 24-25k at keast
  • I reckon we will hit 20k tomorrow morning in just home sales. If Donny sell 2k and we sell another 2k minimum in the next week then looking at 24-25k at keast
    Don't forget all the fans who aren't online and don't want to phone.
    They'll all be queuing in their hundreds next Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. 
  • I think its going to be in the region of 24k
  • edited May 2019
    S R O .. sell out .. BIG day for both sets of fans .. at least on Sunday .. at the Valley ? .. 19,127
  • S R O .. sell out .. BIG day for both sets of fans .. at least on Sunday .. at the Valley ? .. 19,127
    I think we've already sold over 20k tickets and that's without whatever number Doncaster bring.
  • Blucher said:
    In 2010, we had an attendance of 21,521 for the second leg against Swindon but that was pre-Roland, we'd only been relegated the previous season and we had around 10,000 season ticket holders plus a bigger regular walk up support. The official average league attendance for that season was also 15,582. 

Last season, I was, in my naivety, a little disappointed the attendance of only 14,367 for the first leg of the Shrewsbury semi-final. Our official average league attendance last season was 11,846 although, as in previous years going back to Steve Waggott and beyond, that figure was artificially inflated by non-attending season ticket holders and complementary tickets.

Much as I'd love to break the 20,000 mark for this game, I think the best we can realistically hope for is 18,000. The decisive second leg is usually more interesting but much will depend upon what happens up at Donny on Sunday.

As @Blucher said we hit 21500 in 2010 and we have surpassed that already with more to be sold.

Nobody predicted over 20000 a week ago.

Wonder why this game has attracted the crowds ?
  • BR3red said:
    Blucher said:
    In 2010, we had an attendance of 21,521 for the second leg against Swindon but that was pre-Roland, we'd only been relegated the previous season and we had around 10,000 season ticket holders plus a bigger regular walk up support. The official average league attendance for that season was also 15,582. 

Last season, I was, in my naivety, a little disappointed the attendance of only 14,367 for the first leg of the Shrewsbury semi-final. Our official average league attendance last season was 11,846 although, as in previous years going back to Steve Waggott and beyond, that figure was artificially inflated by non-attending season ticket holders and complementary tickets.

Much as I'd love to break the 20,000 mark for this game, I think the best we can realistically hope for is 18,000. The decisive second leg is usually more interesting but much will depend upon what happens up at Donny on Sunday.

As @Blucher said we hit 21500 in 2010 and we have surpassed that already with more to be sold.

Roland’s promised a live stream of him handing over all his assets to the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m going for 15,352. We’re not as big as we were.
    Shame, things could have been better if our owner had ever taken a bit of interest in his purchase. Even now that he’s had, by his standards, a stellar season he can’t be bothered.

I made a mistake there. Finger hit the wrong key, should have been a 2 not the 1 honest.

• BR3red said:
    Blucher said:

Lee Bowyer. 
  • Already had a West Ham work colleague say how funny it is we sell so many when we are near a final ffs. What was attendence last year v Shrews in the play off?
  • kentred2 said:
    BR3red said:
    Blucher said:

Lee Bowyer. 
    The team and the lowly paid backroom staff who've kept our club going.
  • BR3red said:
    Blucher said:

Roland’s promised a live stream of him handing over his ass to the club. 
    Fixed for you...
  • Bowyer has generated a tremendous feeling of togetherness, an achievement which is magnified by the fact that he, Jacko and Steve Gallen are working for a total numpty. I thought Gallen's interview with TalkSport shone an interesting light on the difficulties they've had to deal with and just how magnificently he, Bowyer and Jacko have responded to them -https://talksport.com/football/efl/541132/charlton-athletic-exclusive-interview-head-of-recruitment-steve-gallen-league-one-promotion-lee-bowyer/

Allied to all this, we now have a team that we can all be proud of. The net result, I think, is that our supporters are making a big effort to get friends and family along to Friday's game. That can't totally explain the extraordinary level of sales but I think it's a significant part of it.
  • Good job no one had a bet on the crowd...
  • BR3red said:
    Good job no one had a bet on the crowd...
    I predicted 25,595 ... could be close. 
  • stonemuse said:
    BR3red said:
    Good job no one had a bet on the crowd...
    I predicted 25,595 ... could be close. 
    Yes - about an hour ago....

😉

Only joking - fair play, as that was a week ago.

No one predicted anyone near that.
  • Sponsored links:

• New revised prediction from me...26,310
  • New revised prediction from me...26,310
    That will top last night's attendance of 25702 at The Hawthorns!
  • It is going to be a cracking atmosphere - can't wait.
  • BR3red said:
    Blucher said:

Roland’s promised a live stream of him handing over his ass to the club. 
    Fixed for you...
    No doubt that will be for the removal of his head and several dozen tongues.

• No excuses from anyone not to attend this.
  • Shuddering with fear at the time it will take to visit the gents at half time
  • No excuses from anyone not to attend this.
    In hospital
    In prison
    Dead
    On the other side of the world
    Don't feel like it

All acceptable excuses. 
  • edited May 2019
    Uboat said:
    No excuses from anyone not to attend this.
    In hospital
    In prison
    Dead
    Don't feel like it

All acceptable excuses. 
    Or just an old git who does not live in the south who is going to relax in front of his TV with a beer  :)
  • Uboat said:
    No excuses from anyone not to attend this.
    In hospital
    In prison
    Dead
    Don't feel like it

All acceptable excuses. 

Or you're Cambridge and can't get a ticket.

#prayforcambridge