Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket office

Comments

• Options
    Oh really, I thought we’d get over 20k with it being our first home game back. 
    It's very, very hard to predict how people will react with all the unusual circumstances of this game mixed up together, but even if Sheffield Wednesday bring 3,000 and we have 9,500 season tickets, that's a sale of about 6,000 if there are 1,500 comps. That's a big number relative to previous match sales, and seems unlikely for a game that's on live TV.
    Has it been officially announced that, a full compliment or any, away fans can attend?

Have been on Wednesday's site and they have still not advertised ticket availability for our game. It's all very strange the lack of ticket details for away games for MANY clubs.
    Didn’t someone say all clubs were still waiting for the EFL green light on away fans?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    It's very, very hard to predict how people will react with all the unusual circumstances of this game mixed up together, but even if Sheffield Wednesday bring 3,000 and we have 9,500 season tickets, that's a sale of about 6,000 if there are 1,500 comps. That's a big number relative to previous match sales, and seems unlikely for a game that's on live TV.
    Has it been officially announced that, a full compliment or any, away fans can attend?

Have been on Wednesday's site and they have still not advertised ticket availability for our game. It's all very strange the lack of ticket details for away games for MANY clubs.
    Didn’t someone say all clubs were still waiting for the EFL green light on away fans?
    I'd not be surprised.  Something is not right that two weeks before the season starts and ticket details have not been advertised.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I'd not be surprised.  Something is not right that two weeks before the season starts and ticket details have not been advertised.

Probably just a question of who can buy them, not a question of whether they can be sold. Government guidelines need to be finalised. Two jabs looking likely for adults imo 

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Premier league is 2 jabs after 1st October, no reason why our will be different.
  • Options
    I fully expect them to step back from enforcing double-jabs for football. They really don't want to be seen trying to enforce this. The situation with overseas travel was different because it often fitted with requirements of the destination country and they had already taken a deserved beating for their complete failure to stop coronavirus flying in for nearly a year.  With season tickets having been sold the length and breadth of the country, unwinding this would be hugely problematical and unpopular. The threat is there to encourage waiverers to get jabbed. We are not far from where they might have expected to get to in turns of take-up and herd immunity should begin to kick-in - possibly seeing first signs of that now. They would have been happy knowing the anti-vax rump will gain some immunity from catching the virus in time. 
  • Options
    Away fans have been at friendlies up and down the country so cant see any reason why league games will be any different.  

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Premier league is 2 jabs after 1st October, no reason why our will be different.
    How about League One clubs can’t afford to have that rule if it means they’ll lose a lot of money?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    shine166 said:
    How about League One clubs can’t afford to have that rule if it means they’ll lose a lot of money?
    Ah I agree, just can't see our rules being any different unfortunately. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    being on sky is a negative factor but i think the first game back after a year or so away after only watching on tv will override that , added to the first proper game for TS and our imminent title winning squad taking shape, i believe we will hit somewhere close to 20k
    I would be very surprised at that figure, I predict somewhere between 14,500 and 15,500
    Actual, maybe. I would expect at least 2,000 season ticket holders to be absent (August, Covid, Sky). Assuming Sheffield Wednesday do bring 3,000, it's hard to see the declared attendance being much below 17,000. I would not anticipate 20,000 at this point. 
  • Options

Tickets

- Tickets for the club’s upcoming home games against Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan Athletic and AFC Wimbledon are on sale and available to purchase here

- Tickets for the club’s game against Crewe Alexandra (Saturday, August 28th) will go on sale to members at 9.30am on Wednesday, July 28th and on general sale at 9.30am on Friday, July 30th 

- Away tickets for Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Fulham are available to purchase from the Fulham website. Click here to purchase yours

- The club are waiting for the arrival of away tickets for our league games against Oxford United (Saturday, August 14th) and MK Dons (Tuesday, August 17th)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60fedb5dd1704/key-timings-for-match-tickets-charltontv-passes-and-kit-reveals

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Club shop going cashless, interesting.
  • Options
    20k assumes we land some division blowers in the next 10 days - 17/18k if we don't 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    shine166 said:
    Equally  they can't afford to loose any fans from their narrow fan base by helping to kill them off.  I would expect the above 20,000 to be altered to a percentage of the maximum in each stadium.  
    If indeed  it happens. 
    Yeah. Just that the comment I was replying to said ‘no reason’. So I gave a possible reason. Not sure how many fans they’d really ‘loose’ from being killed off though.
  • Options
    Club shop going cashless, interesting.
    Thieving Millwall bastards. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks Clive, any update on away tickets for the Oxford game, I think they said they were waiting for them to come in.
  • Options
    Away fans have been at friendlies up and down the country so cant see any reason why league games will be any different.  

Not our away fans though. 
    Fulham Saturday?
  • Options

Fulham Saturday?
    Also both Dartford and Welling
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks Clive, any update on away tickets for the Oxford game, I think they said they were waiting for them to come in.
    Oxford aren’t selling home tickets yet, so doubt we’ll be getting away tickets until that happens. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I am able to transfer my season ticket to someone for a game I can't make?  It is a full adult ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Does anyone know if I am able to transfer my season ticket to someone for a game I can't make?  It is a full adult ticket.
    Yeah you contact the Club via email and can have a ticket waiting for them at the ticket office. Seems to be no limit on how many times you can do that. You can also move seats 3 times over the season if you want to go with mates. 
  • Options
    When are the season tickets being sent out?
  • Options
    If you think the ticket office is hard to get hold of I have booked some hospitality for the SW game and have been calling the Commercial Department for 2 days now trying to book parking but never any answer lol
  • Options
    The silence on away fans (in general) is annoying. It seems too coincidental that we haven't put the Oxford and MKD games on sales, while Wednesday have nothing on their website about the game on the 7th
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The silence on away fans (in general) is annoying. It seems too coincidental that we haven't put the Oxford and MKD games on sales, while Wednesday have nothing on their website about the game on the 7th
    I've been told that there is a row going on about it between the FAPL and EFL - EFL wants them now for financial reasons, PL doesn't because of the potential risk of crowds being excluded again. And of course they can fill their seats with home fans. If the risk is around transport, in particular, it will be difficult to have different policies between the leagues.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Fulham Saturday?
    https://visitingfans.fulhamfc.com/list/partnerAdvantage?code=CHARLTON3107

but note there are no District line trains west of Aldgate East.
  • Options
    I've been told that there is a row going on about it between the FAPL and EFL - EFL wants them now for financial reasons, PL doesn't because of the potential risk of crowds being excluded again. And of course they can fill their seats with home fans. If the risk is around transport, in particular, it will be difficult to have different policies between the leagues.
     These four clubs selling tickets are selling tickets to fans for upcoming away games.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2021/july/cambridge-tickets/
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/tickets--qpr-v-millwall/
    https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/rotherham-united-tickets
    https://www.mkdons.com/tickets/forthcoming-games/
  • Options
    Interesting - you'd have to figure there is something going on, though, given many clubs are not selling for a game in nine days' time. 
  • Options
    SW will be selling tickets for the opening game tomorrow morning.