Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket office

Comments

• edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    What do people think the attendance will be for the Sheff Wed game?
    18k minimum hopefully, 20k+ would be nice 
    18k max.
    17.30 k/o on tele will put people off.  Fans on holiday as well.
    Season ticket holders, who make up the majority of home support, are counted anyway, so make no difference to the official attendance. Any lost casual sales are likely to be offset by it being school holidays and warmer weather. But I agree Sky/KO time is a negative.
  • Oh really, I thought we’d get over 20k with it being our first home game back. 
  • edited July 2021
    Oh really, I thought we’d get over 20k with it being our first home game back. 
    It's very, very hard to predict how people will react with all the unusual circumstances of this game mixed up together, but even if Sheffield Wednesday bring 3,000 and we have 9,500 season tickets, that's a sale of about 6,000 if there are 1,500 comps. That's a big number relative to previous match sales, and seems unlikely for a game that's on live TV.
  • Oh really, I thought we’d get over 20k with it being our first home game back. 
    It's very, very hard to predict how people will react with all the unusual circumstances of this game mixed up together, but even if Sheffield Wednesday bring 3,000 and we have 9,500 season tickets, that's a sale of about 6,000 if there are 1,500 comps. That's a big number relative to previous match sales, and seems unlikely for a game that's on live TV.
    Has it been officially announced that, a full compliment or any, away fans can attend?
  • I would be very surprised to see more than 16k. I reckon between the high 14's and low 15's
  • edited July 2021
    Oh really, I thought we’d get over 20k with it being our first home game back. 
    Has it been officially announced that, a full compliment or any, away fans can attend?
    The government has issued an advice note which basically passes the buck. The council has powers to restrict the event on urgent public health grounds, but they have to be used proportionately. 
  • Proper away support for a late Saturday live match 
    I mean they’ve got all the excuses to get out of it 
    and that’s why they’re maaaaaasive
  • edited July 2021
    As a season ticket holding VG member, its pretty annoying that I have to wait 2 days to buy singles, I have to spend a further £25 (£525 in total) to have the same opportunity as someone that's contributed £35 to the club. 
  • shine166 said:
    As a season ticket holding VG member, its pretty annoying that I have to wait 2 days to buy singles, I have to spend a further £25 (£525 in total) to have the same opportunity as someone that's contributed £35 to the club. 
    they should make all season ticket holders members, just seems the sensible thing to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Managed to buy online, didn't ask for a membership number or anything so maybe ST holders can buy 'early' too. 

Paper tickets is no longer an option either.
  • I don’t get this people cheating the club out of money. I expect people will justify it by saying they weren’t giving RD money but at the end of the day they are cheating the club they are supposed to support. 

If the club have been able to work it out they must know offenders. 

with all the likely covid checks I would imagine another check for age will just add to the Queues. 

If the club staff at the time were not stupid enough to put measures back in place at the time then what did they expect to happen. Even now we are still seeing that ridiculous pricing in the east and west stands where you can buy the cheapest ticket possible and sit in the top end seats in the middle. 

Re your Duchatelet comment, have you forgotten how shit it was under him and people wanted to him force him out by means like giving him less money, boycotting etc. 
  • shine166 said:
    Just bought three tickets for the Wednesday game at the ticket office. I am on the database with a CON number and that's all that was needed (I am not a £35 Lucky Sock member).
  • edited July 2021
    shirty5 said:
    I don’t get this people cheating the club out of money. I expect people will justify it by saying they weren’t giving RD money but at the end of the day they are cheating the club they are supposed to support. 

If the club have been able to work it out they must know offenders. 

with all the likely covid checks I would imagine another check for age will just add to the Queues. 

If the club staff at the time were not stupid enough to put measures back in place at the time then what did they expect to happen. Even now we are still seeing that ridiculous pricing in the east and west stands where you can buy the cheapest ticket possible and sit in the top end seats in the middle. 

Re your Duchatelet comment, have you forgotten how shit it was under him and people wanted to him force him out by means like giving him less money, boycotting etc. 
    I certainly don’t forget how bad it was but what had that got to do with not paying in full? 

I continued to support the team but protested in other ways by not spending any money in the ground or anything else he would profit from keeping my spending to match tickets only. I wasn’t going to allow him to stop me supporting and watching Charlton. 

I saw loads of people who were protesting. I have no issue with that, however the same people would quite happily would buy food and drink in the ground programmes etc  and I suspect those who sneaked in on concessionary tickets also did negating their argument and lining RD’s pockets.

I don’t like the mayor of London he’s as much of a c@@t as RD but if I bought concessionary tickets on TFL I would be made to pay the difference fined and taken to court.

Totally agree with you on the pricing structure in the east and West stands, also people in Lower north who go to the upper stand can be counted in this farcical situation. This  is the Legacy of RD and KM, this season was a chance to address and this was an opportunity missed. Although I suspect other clubs do similar but police it properly. 

• edited July 2021
    As an old git and a married man can I just point out the dilemma for any steward they face for deciding either not to ask some ladies to prove their age because they look old enough for the ticket; or asking them to prove their age in front of hundreds of other fans entering the ground at the same time if they do look a bit younger than 65.
  • How did they work out they lost around £200k a season exactly? Is it a guess based on the average amount of ticket age fraud typically commited at football clubs every season?
  • Christ on a bike, 33 quid for mid West upper. For league one.
  • edited July 2021
    "However, following research stretching back to 2013/14, it has been discovered that in recent seasons, up to £200,000 a year has been lost in revenue due to both home and away supporters entering the stadium using junior or concession tickets fraudulently".
    I'd love to know how they arrive at this figure, and how they come to this conclusion.

• Sponsored links:

• Anybody know when Oxford away tickets go on sale ? 
  • being on sky is a negative factor but i think the first game back after a year or so away after only watching on tv will override that , added to the first proper game for TS and our imminent title winning squad taking shape, i believe we will hit somewhere close to 20k

15th August.
  • edited July 2021
    Anybody know when Oxford away tickets go on sale ? 
    Oxford aren’t selling any match day tickets at the moment, only season tickets. So imagine we’re waiting for them to sort themselves out, so we can arrange the away tickets. 
  • edited July 2021
    MK Dons haven't even announced details for their away match at Bolton on August 7th. Interestingly, they have capped their season tickets at £230 for adults for one season only. 

15th August.
    Seriously Elf, or a wild guess?
  • Ok you got me Elf!

Have been on Wednesday's site and they have still not advertised ticket availability for our game. It's all very strange the lack of ticket details for away games for MANY clubs.
  • DOUCHER said:
    being on sky is a negative factor but i think the first game back after a year or so away after only watching on tv will override that , added to the first proper game for TS and our imminent title winning squad taking shape, i believe we will hit somewhere close to 20k
    I would be very surprised at that figure, I predict somewhere between 14,500 and 15,500
  • Looked on the Wednesday forum, one of their posters claims to have spoken to our ticket office who reckon we've sent them their allocation of tickets