Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many of Charlton's previous 14 play off matches have you been to?

Comments

was in Yugoslavia in 87 for Ipswich away.
    didnt go to either of the Shrewsbury games.
  • 8 for me
  • edited May 2019
    9 for me. I remember well my Dad, Grandad and Uncle forming a human shield around me, only 10 years old at the time, as we had to walk through the Leeds hordes back to the car after the 87 game at Selhurst. My Dad’s done 11 of those games. 
  • Only 10

There is a brilliantly written article in the wonderful play-off home semi final programme about our first couple of play-off seasons.
    Ipswich home (selhurst park) 
    leeds home(selhurst park)
    One of these.  Is it awful that I can't remember which one?

palace home 
    palace away 

ipswich away
    ipswich home
    sunderland (Wembley) 

Swindon home

shrewsbury home

So eight.  I didn't appreciate it had been so many.
  • edited May 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    HandG said:
    Missed all the 1987 play offs as I was too young although a bit pissed off that my Dad didn’t take me to any of the home games at least? Were they all night matches?

Leeds was definitely a Saturday afternoon then played up there bank holiday Monday evening.

Am I crackers remembering that picture being on the front of all the programs for that season?
    I’m pretty sure you are right....you are crackers.

Seriously I I’m sure it was the same picture on the front all season. 
  • All of them.
  • 13/14.

Only missed the home leg against Shrewsbury because of my boycott.
  • Sunderland in 98
    Swindon and Shrewsbury games at the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    hope I’m right on the numbers 

Ipswich away
    leeds away 
    Leeds (st Andrews) 

palace home 
    palace away 

ipswich away
    ipswich home
    sunderland (Wembley) 

Swindon away
    Swindon home

shrewsbury home
    shrewsbury away 

I missed Leeds away bottled it really felt guilty and that I’d cost us the tie so went to St. Andrews to see us home 

swindon away ,  saysomethings stag do in butlin Bognor Regis or maybe it was someone’s 40th , cant remember 

which legends have have done the lot 

12/14 for me , missed two away ones , shame on me 
    10, and fortunately one of them was at St. Andrews.

Was in Ireland watching Surrey for the palice away game.

Swindon away on the tele.

Both Shrewsbury games due to boycotting.
  • Fumbluff said:
    HandG said:
    Missed all the 1987 play offs as I was too young although a bit pissed off that my Dad didn’t take me to any of the home games at least? Were they all night matches?

Leeds was definitely a Saturday afternoon then played up there bank holiday Monday evening.

Am I crackers remembering that picture being on the front of all the programs for that season?
    Who can name the Leicester number 4?
  • Fumbluff said:
    HandG said:

Russell Osman
  • only 6. tbf i wasn't around for any of the 1987 games. 
  • edited May 2019
    hope I’m right on the numbers 

Ipswich away
    leeds away 
    Leeds (st Andrews) 

palace home 
    palace away 

ipswich away
    ipswich home
    sunderland (Wembley) 

Swindon away
    Swindon home

shrewsbury home
    shrewsbury away 

I missed Leeds away bottled it really felt guilty and that I’d cost us the tie so went to St. Andrews to see us home 

swindon away ,  saysomethings stag do in butlin Bognor Regis or maybe it was someone’s 40th , cant remember 

which legends have have done the lot 

12/14 for me , missed two away ones , shame on me 
    yeah, watched swindon away on TV at butlins (where I also met and watched the game with Red Fraggle) on a collective 40ths weekend. My actual attendance for these is poor, can only remember being at the 1987 games (but missed Leeds away) and Wembley 1998...I always seemed to be unavailable for these!
  • 10, didn't go to either Ipswich away games nor Shrewsbury away, and missed the St Andrew game as wasn't allowed time off work after going to Leeds game a few days before.
  • Fumbluff said:
    HandG said:

Russell Osman
    Top work Dicky!

Almost enough to give you a like.
  • 8. All the home plus Wembley but only one away - Swindon. 
  • 10 definitely but can't remember the Palace games at all so not sure if I went to those. Didn't go to the Swindon games as I wasn't going to games then.
  • 7 for me.

palace home 
    palace away 

ipswich away
    ipswich home
    sunderland (Wembley) 

Swindon away
    Swindon home

Too young in 87 and living abroad in 2018, although would've flown back for the final if we'd made it (glory hunter!)
  • Sponsored links:

• 7, missed all of the ‘87 games, I was in Ireland, also Swindon & Shrewsbury away.
  • If anyone is drinking in the Fans Bar today there is a museum display of play-off items.

Someone post a photo.
  • Only missed Shrewsbury away
  • Was  at 8 of the play off matches. Remember the two Palace games as won the biggest Jackpot draw prize and ended up on the pitch at half time being presented with a jumbo cheque which is now in the museum. 
  • 8 so far, but hoping to make it at least 10 by the end of this season!
  • I won’t be at this seasons, having broken my ankle and in plaster for another 5 weeks. Timing not brilliant.
  • 11 I think and still annoyed the cock up for tickets away to Swindon means I missed that one. 
  • All except Leeds away and St Andrews (on hols).
  • 11 including the st andrews final play off - probably the most important win of the lot
  • Too young for 1987. Since then only missed Ipswich away in '98.

Remember queuing as a 16 year old for 3 hours to get Palace away tickets in '96 - arrived nearly an hour before the ticket office opened and the queue was already on Charlton Lane.

Played well that year, but lacked potency up front. Absolutely dominated Palace in the first leg and still managed to lose.