Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Yet some of still insist on financing this madness.
    This has been done to death on here.

Nobody is 'financing this madness' the bloke is so rich we're not even the loose change down his sofa.
    So why has he been desperately trying to cut costs?

people with money tend to care about money. Even if it’s loose change, they still care about it.
    I don't think any of us can guess why RD is desperately trying to cut costs, it's almost impossible to use logic.

My guess is it's his excuse for the club not being sold that the running costs are too high and this is to save face rather than admitting his actual asking price is too high.
    No guesswork at all. He want to cut costs because he doesn’t like losing money. It’s that simple.
    Then he would never have bought the club in the first place if that was the case. Due diligence would have shown the club to be loss making from the day he bought the club.
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Nobody is 'financing this madness' the bloke is so rich we're not even the loose change down his sofa.

people with money tend to care about money. Even if it’s loose change, they still care about it.
    I don't think any of us can guess why RD is desperately trying to cut costs, it's almost impossible to use logic.

My guess is it's his excuse for the club not being sold that the running costs are too high and this is to save face rather than admitting his actual asking price is too high.
    No guesswork at all. He want to cut costs because he doesn’t like losing money. It’s that simple.
    Then he would never have bought the club in the first place if that was the case. Due diligence would have shown the club to be loss making from the day he bought the club.
    Lol. What due diligence? He bought it in a hurry and the spins saw him coming and mugged him.

He had a plan. It didn’t work and now he’s stuck with his bad decisions. He’s losing money but his pride/stupidity means he is hanging it all out until he gets his money back.
    Exactly, what due diligence but his plan failed three years ago when we were relegated why keep on with the losses? He's been absorbing costs of up to £1m a month ever since. I agree with what you're saying he's definitely hanging on until he finds a mug punter, I just don't feel a complete boycott would have changed anything by now no matter how much less money he would have had coming in, he would have just funded more money, racked up even more debt and pushed the asking price up even higher.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

& he is also a c%#....t 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I’m trying not to think too much about Lees current contract situation, as it makes me so angry, it is a disgrace.

We all know it’s just plain wrong, if Richard Murray had anything about it him, he’d have a word in Roland’s ear, and come to some arrangement, at least it would shut the fans up give him a bit of a quiet life, and create some much needed breathing space, and positivity around the place.

Goodness knows what Roland’s mate over here is doing, but if he had any nouse, he would see sense in persuading  Roland to come up with a better offer ,rather than letting things fester.

I would love to go to a fans forum meeting and grill this fella, otherwise what is the point of him being here, just to pull the wool over the fans eyes?
  • Options
    I wasn’t aware the North Korean leader supported Charlton, maybe he can stump up the cash!? 😉
  • Options
    Vengeful spite, pure and simple.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Lol. What due diligence? He bought it in a hurry and the spivs saw him coming and mugged him.

He had a plan. It didn’t work and now he’s stuck with his bad decisions. He’s losing money but his pride/stupidity means he is hanging it all out until he gets his money back.
    Agreed.

The only problem is that the only way turd face will get his dough back is by us getting into the Premier.

Consequently it is all the more baffling why he does not sell up.

• Options
    Vengeful spite, pure and simple.
    Probably spot on.

The fella has so much dough that what he is losing with us is not worrying him, he's making plenty elsewhere to offset our loss.

We're f***** basically.
  • Options
    Complete and utter joke. Zero club management happening. De Turckey tells us he is only here to conclude the sale and yet it was his idea to present a new, "incentivised" contract which is clearly unacceptable to Bowyer and his team. Who is actually planning anything at Charlton? A new low looms next season if the Arsehole is still here and I can see no alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    To be honest, I don’t really care if me not going doesn’t affect him and he doesn’t want or need my money. I want and need my money, so it’s staying in my pocket.
    @Off_it - genuine question, if (big if) Charlton make it to the playoff final, will you buy a ticket? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    To be honest, I don’t really care if me not going doesn’t affect him and he doesn’t want or need my money. I want and need my money, so it’s staying in my pocket.
    @Off_it - genuine question, if (big if) Charlton make it to the playoff final, will you buy a ticket? 
    Probably. 
  • Options
    Goodbye Lee and Good Luck at your next club. 
  • Options
    If if they fail to offer Bowyer a sensible contract, I'll bloody well walk to Belgium to tell the idiot what I think of him to his face.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Lol. What due diligence? He bought it in a hurry and the spivs saw him coming and mugged him.

And the longer he leaves it, the worse it gets. But for some reason, he doesn’t see it. 
  • Options

LB, JJ and for all I know the invaluable SG have decided to invest their first managerial opportunity in sorting out the hideous mess at Charlton. Whatever else, it's been good experience for them. Although in reality the guys have had little or nothing career-wise to lose, they could have been an honourable failure and no-one would have blamed them in the slightest.

But they haven't failed, have they, bless 'em. And not only have they done well - from the word go, in last season's Plymouth game - and given us some decent football and results in the process, they have managed to take the players and increasingly the fans with them on this brief but remarkable journey.

Well, as has been evident from the get-go, all along this is the point at which the glory train is approaching the buffers and our coaches are about to get derailed. RD has yet again mistaken loyalty for vulnerability and tried to screw the guys down with the terms of their new contract. He has tried to punish rather than reward an unlikely success, and instead of a medal has offered only a slap in the face. He treated Jose Riga even worse, terminating his short-term contract in return for daring to become an instant Addick.

I've said it before. RD is just an old farmer at heart. It's like he's been heartbroken at the death of his favourite donkey just as he'd taught him to live without food. RD has nothing with football - be honest, it's just not his field and imagine, he's not even coming to Wembley as a "proud" Owner - but to get out of this dreadful misadventure it seems that everyone else must pay. Er, I don't think so. Just sell the club, PLEASE.

• Options
    If if they fail to offer Bowyer a sensible contract, I'll bloody well walk to Belgium to tell the idiot what I think of him to his face.
    You’re going to need waders.
  • Options
    If you want to sell anything big like a car or house you tart it up and enhance and showcase its assets. The gleaming paintjob, the south facing garden and conservatory, you give the walls a lick of paint and jet wash the decking and drive. 

Or you could do what people do that don't really want to sell something or think sales just happen, you leave your skidmark stained underpants on the floor marmite side up, you don't clean the windows, you leave the back garden full of overgrowth and undiscovered cat shit. And then you ask top dollar for it "because it's on a great location" then either an asset stripping entity buys it cheap and squeezes every last drop put of it with minimal investment and by using the cheapest tools available (this is us) or a well meaning grafter picks it up with a view to making the most of it and utilising its assets 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Carter said:
    If you want to sell anything big like a car or house you tart it up and enhance and showcase its assets. The gleaming paintjob, the south facing garden and conservatory, you give the walls a lick of paint and jet wash the decking and drive. 

Or you could do what people do that don't really want to sell something or think sales just happen, you leave your skidmark stained underpants on the floor marmite side up, you don't clean the windows, you leave the back garden full of overgrowth and undiscovered cat shit. And then you ask top dollar for it "because it's on a great location" then either an asset stripping entity buys it cheap and squeezes every last drop put of it with minimal investment and by using the cheapest tools available (this is us) or a well meaning grafter picks it up with a view to making the most of it and utilising its assets 
    That reminds me, i must pick up those pants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

That reminds me, i must pick up those pants.
    Good idea. I didn't know they were your's.

• Options
    If bowyer leaves that 'll be it for me 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    If bowyer leaves that 'll be it for me 
    If Paul Lambert has no intention of staying for their League One campaign then Ipswich would be absolute mugs for not watching Lee's situation like hawks

He's an ex-Player for them too...
  • Options
    It's not going to happen is it.

We'll probably be told they'll get it done after the play offs. Then if we lose the play offs Bowyer will probably go on holiday again like he did last summer meaning another delay, all the while no players get signed up either.

I don't understand how this can drag out so long when RD has appointed the likes of Riga and Luzon so quickly before.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I could tell Bowyer was touched when we chanted ‘sign him up’ on Saturday.

If Roland fails to give him a reasonable contract then it’s got to be the top 3 worst things he’s done.
    Squirrel face
    Fraeye
    Driesen

Not even close.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

We'll probably be told they'll get it done after the play offs. Then if we lose the play offs Bowyer will probably go on holiday again like he did last summer meaning another delay, all the while no players get signed up either.

I don't understand how this can drag out so long when RD has appointed the likes of Riga and Luzon so quickly before.
    Riga and Luzon were already on Roly’s payroll so contracts etc were probably not required. You will recall that in Luzon’s case it all happened so quickly before he even had a work permit! Shame we didn’t have a CEO who knew the law.
  • Options

Riga and Luzon were already on Roly’s payroll so contracts etc were probably not required. You will recall that in Luzon’s case it all happened so quickly before he even had a work permit! Shame we didn’t have a CEO who knew the law.
    Didn't Riga first time around come from the AC Milan academy rather than being on RD's payroll?