Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet

“We’ve worked hard to improve the football club and it’s a much better place now – so I think we should be rewarded for that.

“It shouldn’t have taken until now to try and negotiate something when you have got 10 days left of the normal season.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-left-disappointed-that-charlton-athletic-contract-not-sorted-yet/

Comments

• This is why we will never mover on under the stain that is Roland Duchatelet.

He never really have a shit about us when he first bought the club. He cares a hundred times less now!

This ongoing situation is not and never will be reciprocal for success.
  • He'll be gone in the summer. 
    Ipswich I reckon.
  • Not a good read and the first time I can recall him having a pop at RD in the press.

Bye Lee...............
  • Doesn't make it right, but perhaps all '3 interested' parties need consulting.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    This is where Murray has to take part of the blame imo.
    We know that he is in contact with Roland .He should tell him in no uncertain terms that Bowyer is doing a fantastic job and letting him leave would be a massive mistake .
    I have no respect for Murray anymore but I would imagine he would have told Duchatelet this. I think the most likely thing is that Duchatelet isn't interested. What might be the best thing for Murray to do is walk away and distance himself from Roland. The fact he doesn't is a major reason for my lack of respect. He is not a complete mad man, and should know enough about football to appreciate  that Duchatelet is.
    Agree ... Even if Duchatelet sells by the end of June, there’s no guarantee that a new owner will want to keep him on. Bow needs to keep his options open and I’d wish him well if he decided to move on
  • No real need to add to what has been said above....only that LB & JJ are going to be a great management team for someone...can't see them staying at CAFC.
  • Predictable, same as ever under this cumflannel ownership
  • I'm surprised Lee has stuck around under RD's ownership. Absolute madness to treat him in such a way.
  • rolands a cnut, i think by selling grant he has cost us promotion as really this league isn't that good and i think we have proved that
  • edited April 2019
    I would say, if we avoid injuries, we will be the best team in the play offs. This will be in spite of the owner rather than because of him, but the best team must have the best shout even though lots of things can happen in football matches which means they don't always win out. This is especially true for knockout games- ask Man City!
  • The so called 'powers that be' at CAFC seem to be waiting for the result of the play offs before renewing any contracts .. if Bowyer goes so will a lot of the players who have been and still are performing superbly for him .. who will we get to replace him should he go ? .. some fucking no-nothing cheapo from Europe is most likely
  • I don't think it is a determination to destroy. It is Duchatelet's character. He thought he had a great idea for football. It wasn't and he didn't listen to people who could have helped him. He only employs people who lick his arse - that is his character. Then when he realised that it was a stupid idea he lost interest - blaming everybody else for the failure of course.

Bowyer is actually an opportunity for a good businessman to turn things around. The sort that comes out of nowhere and through a massive stroke of luck. But Duchatelet never bought us with the intention of reacting to opportunities and running us well. It was all about his vision that he thought was the future of football. We all know he has absolutely no interest in the club and it makes Bowyer's achievements all the greater.

Not that it would make a lot of difference, but it would be interesting if a so called expert like Driesen can see this opportunity like anybody who understands football would. And whilst he would probably be ignored, it would make me feel better about him if he briefed Duchatelet accordingly.
    I suspect there's an element of apathy behind this as well, as clearly we're of no interest to him provided losses are kept down to certain levels (meaning the occasional player sale), hence things drift.

Indeed since the takeover process started we've been run on this basis, which has given Lee a lot more freedom than the likes of Powell and Riga had, but also meant minimal expenditure on the infrastructure, no long term contracts (just 2 years max in recent windows) and the shambles of his personal contract situation.

There are lots of reasons for wanting Roland out, but leaving aside all the negative things he's done, the lack of interest and long term planning is almost as damaging
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

“We’ve worked hard to improve the football club and it’s a much better place now – so I think we should be rewarded for that.

“It shouldn’t have taken until now to try and negotiate something when you have got 10 days left of the normal season.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-left-disappointed-that-charlton-athletic-contract-not-sorted-yet/

Surely Bowyer knew the score before he took charge.
  • Oh fucking great!  Go on Roland FUCK THIS UP AS WELL!!
  • LouisMend said:

Surely Bowyer knew the score before he took charge.
    and?
  • This is where Murray has to take part of the blame imo.
    We know that he is in contact with Roland .He should tell him in no uncertain terms that Bowyer is doing a fantastic job and letting him leave would be a massive mistake .
    I don’t even think Murray cares enough to be honest, as long as he gets his money at the end of it all.

Any normal person would do as you say and even say if you don’t get this sorted the protests will get far worse and embarrass him even more in Belgium.

I am tired of this nonsense and it goes to show the incredible job Bows and the staff have being doing, not that we needed even more proof.
  • Off_it said:
    Yet some of still insist on financing this madness.
    This has been done to death on here.

Nobody is 'financing this madness' the bloke is so rich we're not even the loose change down his sofa.
    So why has he been desperately trying to cut costs?

people with money tend to care about money. Even if it’s loose change, they still care about it.
    I don't think any of us can guess why RD is desperately trying to cut costs, it's almost impossible to use logic.

My guess is it's his excuse for the club not being sold that the running costs are too high and this is to save face rather than admitting his actual asking price is too high.
  • Off_it said:

Nobody is 'financing this madness' the bloke is so rich we're not even the loose change down his sofa.

people with money tend to care about money. Even if it’s loose change, they still care about it.
    I don't think any of us can guess why RD is desperately trying to cut costs, it's almost impossible to use logic.

My guess is it's his excuse for the club not being sold that the running costs are too high and this is to save face rather than admitting his actual asking price is too high.
    No guesswork at all. He want to cut costs because he doesn’t like losing money. It’s that simple.
  • Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

No guesswork at all. He want to cut costs because he doesn’t like losing money. It’s that simple.
    Then he would never have bought the club in the first place if that was the case. Due diligence would have shown the club to be loss making from the day he bought the club.