Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford Ifollow

Comments

• Options
    I think it’s fair to say that the iFollow platform is not the best piece of kit you’re likely to come across.
    When watching a normal UK stream paid for its been perfect. 
    Not necessarily complaining about the picture/sound quality, more the difficulty navigating on the site and it being quite non user friendly, with quite a lot of conflicting information.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    This is from the EFL website:-

What games are unavailable to watch live?

Games that take place inside the blocked hours of 14:45-17:15 on Saturday afternoons and games that are broadcast live on Sky Sports are unavailable to watch live. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will also be unavailable for streaming.

Why are they letting people buy if it is not available. Unless it means bank hols count as Saturdays and the game is a 1pm kick off!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Dansk_Red said:

Games that take place inside the blocked hours of 14:45-17:15 on Saturday afternoons and games that are broadcast live on Sky Sports are unavailable to watch live. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will also be unavailable for streaming.

Why are they letting people buy if it is not available. Unless it means bank hols count as Saturdays and the game is a 1pm kick off!
    Some of the games on the list are 3.00pm kick offs???
    F’ing confusing if you ask me.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

If they're accepting payments, they must be showing it, otherwise I rescind every defence I've ever made of IF, that'd be proper BS.
  • Options
    Refunds incoming...
  • Options
    Refunds incoming...
    Why
  • Options
    I wish, but my classes cost a fortune, the parents would be PISSED.
    Use the line my teachers used "It's our little secret"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Dansk_Red said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/an-easter-feast-on-ifollow/

It's expressly stated in this link from the EFL  all the games that are available.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

It's expressly stated in this link from the EFL  all the games that are available.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This should now have balanced out all the people confused and thinking the game isn't available.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This should now have balanced out all the people confused and thinking the game isn't available.
    Hmmm... Dont be too sure just yet :)
  • Options
    Is the commentary any good or will it be oxford biased as it’s through them?
    Completely hit and miss

I've found that some commentators are really REALLY good (Walsall's were the best) whilst was also impressed with Wycombe's - Plymouth's though wouldnt stop moaning and couldnt understand how we were a top five team whilst they werent though so you never know what they'll be like (Fraid I cant remember Oxford's commentators from last season)

If you have Valley Pass some people choose to use that and try to link the audio from CAFC with the visual of the team we're facing, I dont have VP though so never done that
    I've tried syncing the commentary and it's tough. Highly recommend it if you can do it, but I like to pause things, watch replays, etc. which makes it nigh on impossible.

I've not found the commentary to be too bad. I would say more knowledgeable than not. Can't remember what Oxford's commentators were like. But I've never found it insufferable or unlistenable. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Doesn't expressly state in The UK though
  • Options
    This is on EFL website
    EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.
    https://www.efl.com/iFollow/
    I have checked other EFL clubs websites including Leeds United & their games will be on I-Follow to UK subscribers tomorrow.

Leeds United’s Sky Bet Championship game against Wigan Athletic on Friday (3:00pm) will be broadcast live both worldwide and in the UK on LUTV.
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/23840/lutv-uk
  • Options
    Great news 
  • Options
    Just phoned Oxford and they confirm that the game is to be shown to UK viewers.
    Interestingly they were under the impression that this was because it’s a 1.00pm kick off.
    When I read out the list (which appears on the EFL website), the chap I spoke to was quite surprised.
    EFL+iFollow= CONFUSION......no surprise there then.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

Doesn't expressly state in The UK though
    What site you watch it on? Want to view the game from Nz
  • Options
    The problem with VPNs is you can subscribe to one then I-follow can block it if you are unlucky. You can download a free one but the speeds tend to be limited. I have relied on free trials and that has got me through but running out of options there and they don't all work.

• Options
    The problem with VPNs is you can subscribe to one then I-follow can block it if you are unlucky. You can download a free one but the speeds tend to be limited. I have relied on free trials and that has got me through but running out of options there and they don't all work.

I pad a fiver for browsec monthly, paid for itself with Wycombe game for £5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With you. I’m going to try Ifollow for the first time on Friday. Does anyone know how I can get the stream on a smart tv?
    As it runs on iOS and Android, I assume that you can download it, if you have access to Google Play store. Most Sony TV's have Android. Some Sharp models too. Forget about it, if you've got Samsung, Panasonic or LG.
    I don't know if it works with Chromecast. Never tried the service myself (iFollow), but will tonight. 
    Will install it on my Android TV box. If it doesn't work, I'll watch it on my phone. 
  • Options
    I assume you have an HDMI cable? If so, just load it up on the laptop and plug the HDMI cable into the tv, set it to 'project only' and away you go.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Danepak said:
    With you. I’m going to try Ifollow for the first time on Friday. Does anyone know how I can get the stream on a smart tv?
    As it runs on iOS and Android, I assume that you can download it, if you have access to Google Play store. Most Sony TV's have Android. Some Sharp models too. Forget about it, if you've got Samsung, Panasonic or LG.
    I don't know if it works with Chromecast. Never tried the service myself (iFollow), but will tonight. 
    Will install it on my Android TV box. If it doesn't work, I'll watch it on my phone. 

Yes, I think you need to download the Oxford I-follow app from the play store. The same way as you would watching I-follow on your phone. Stu's system is the one I favour though. 
  • Options
    Never in doubt 
  • Options
    It works...but very pixelated and audio out of sync by a couple of secs. 
    Got a 100mbit connection, so speed shouldn't be an issue. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Mine isn't that fast but HD display
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Mine isn't that fast but HD display
    Is the audio out of sync?
  • Options
    OK, mine is HD now as well, but still slight delay in audio
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    6 euros in Fuengirola, working fine with really bad WiFi