Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Greatest Rock Movie Ever Made?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]and i've got to say that i was definitely impressed with that ray charles biography a couple of years ago...

I saw that when it was on telly the other week, very good.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]....

Also used to stack shelves in Brixton Woolworths with Ray Gange who starred in Rude Boy. No idea what happened to him. I'll Google him later.

You can find him on myspace - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=94053284
  • Options
    Walk the Line was excellent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Walk the Line was excellent.

Still haven't seen it, but from what I have heard Joaquin Phoenix is excellent
  • Options
    i loved The Doors with val kilmer only cos i was in love with Jim Morrison. slightly creepy to be obssessed by a dead man but god i really was.

not sure if that counts as a rock film and most people said it was crap.
  • Options
    Spinal Tap - "there's nothing wrong with being sexy"
  • Options
    La Bamba,

ok just kidding..
  • Options
    Spinal Tap...apparently Ozzy Osbourne thought it wasn't a movie but a documentary, I suppose all the things that went on he'd experienced.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Spinal Tap...apparently Ozzy Osbourne thought it wasn't a movie but a documentary, I suppose all the things that went on he'd experienced.

Ozzy was probably sh*tfaced at the time though. He probably thought that Knight Rider was an edition of Top Gear and spent a couple of months trying to find a car that would talk to him!
  • Options
    Walk the line, already mentioned, I really like Quadrophenia, no really not much time for Tommy but did watch it the other week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quadrophenia is good - now you've reminded me I might watch it at the weekend!
  • Options
    Has no one seen school of rock?!?!?!?! well funny. 'lets melt some faces!!!!'
  • Options
    Slade in Flame
    Best ever rock film ever. Fact
  • Options
    the last waltz is literally fantastic... great to get pissed to as well....

spinal tap is hysterical...

almost famous is a good film an all......

got to be last waltz for me Scorsese and loads of my favourite musicians....
  • Options
    School of Rock is funny:

SO my 3 are:

1. Quadrophenia
    2. Walk the Line
    3. School of Rock
  • Options
    Quadrophenia
  • Options
    walk the line: never seen it as I can't stand either of the lead actors
  • Options
    Henry, Giime Shelter is the film about Altamont which includes the footage of the shooting and the Hell's Angels as bouncers.

Stonemuse, thanks. I've looked at that Ray Gange site. He won't remember me so I won't post on the blog.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    saw 24 hour party people last night for the 4th time - not really rock but close enough IMO

Quadrophenia is class as well
  • Options
    Another vote for Gimme Shelter.

Along with Woodstock, it bookended the "Sixties"

And Henry, I assume you mean the song not the movie. It was one of my all time favourites, but it was not what you'd call a rock movie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not rock as such, but i watched the Johnny Cash story 'Walk the Line' the other night, and really enjoyed it. Reece Witherspoon was excellent in it.
  • Options
    I'd have to go for "Grease".
  • Options
    Anyone see the recent Strummer documentary - "The Future is Unwritten"? Interesting, if not necessarily worth shelling out for at the cinema. It'll prob be on Film 4 soon as they co-produced it.