Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playoff dates efl email

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @Siv_in_Norfolk

yes they are provisional but its all the efl are giving us so about as helpful as they can be, for example charlton pompey on a saturday night at 7.30 the police may have some say in not letting that go ahead, cannot see any of our other games having issues, and as mentioned i really cannot see us getting 6th ( which is what we would have to be to be at home on the saturday night )
  • Options
    Was good for the Ipswich game though. Just saying.

Ipswich is Always good for Charlton in play-off games,its the only time that Charlton make the play-off final 

when we play the tractor boys in half final…..0-0 AND 2-1 1987 and two 1-0 in 1998.

Palace,Swindon and Shrewsbury half finals we have lost.

• Options
    @Siv_in_Norfolk

yes they are provisional but its all the efl are giving us so about as helpful as they can be, for example charlton pompey on a saturday night at 7.30 the police may have some say in not letting that go ahead, cannot see any of our other games having issues, and as mentioned i really cannot see us getting 6th ( which is what we would have to be to be at home on the saturday night )
    I reckon these times will stand.

The play-offs are all live on Sky so I'd class these times as correct.
  • Options
    @Siv_in_Norfolk

I can't imagine the police anywhere would like a Saturday 7:30pm, but they'd better get used to it as that's what TV wants...

If it was Doncaster, Pompey, Barnsley or Sunderland at home at that time it would be equally tricky.
  • Options
    Just seen a post on the league one Facebook group. Apparently all our loanees will be unavailable for playoffs. Can anyone confirm this is true or more Facebook wum bullshit?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:
    Just seen a post on the league one Facebook group. Apparently all our loanees will be unavailable for playoffs. Can anyone confirm this is true or more Facebook wum bullshit?
    BS
  • Options
    andyg90 said:
    BS
    Indeed it is. 
  • Options
    Doesn't matter as Roland will make them all permanent signings before then

• Options
    Charlton Barnsley 12th May I reckon...
  • Options
    1st legs
    6th vs 3rd Saturday 11th may 19.30
    5th vs 4th Sunday 12th may 12.15

2nd legs
    3rd vs 6th Thursday 16th may 19.45
    4th vs 5th Friday 17th may 19.45

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

potential nightmare for the 1st legs as an overnight stop likely required and the sunday game may also require if wanting to travel by train going up night before
    I'm sure i read that the days we play wouldn't actually be confirmed until the teams were known and police consulted.

For example, the police would probably prefer us v Pompey to be Sunday 12.15 than have 3k of them in London all day Saturday. Likewise if it's Doncaster v Barnsley i'm sure the police up there would prefer that to be Sunday lunchtime instead of Saturday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1st legs

2nd legs

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

potential nightmare for the 1st legs as an overnight stop likely required and the sunday game may also require if wanting to travel by train going up night before
    I'm sure i read that the days we play wouldn't actually be confirmed until the teams were known and police consulted.

For example, the police would probably prefer us v Pompey to be Sunday 12.15 than have 3k of them in London all day Saturday. Likewise if it's Doncaster v Barnsley i'm sure the police up there would prefer that to be Sunday lunchtime instead of Saturday night.
    Tv schedules cannot be changed.
  • Options
    1st legs

2nd legs

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

Tv schedules cannot be changed.
    Dude.... that is entirely consistent with the point just made!
  • Options
    the word provisional on the efl website does sort of give it away - although sky have the power as we all know, i would say these dates and times are 95% accurate and really cannot see them being changed. 
  • Options
    andyg90 said:
    We had Kaikai | Mavididi | Dasilva | Zyro all involved last year so confirms its total bullshit - Seeing that loan deals exist between Transfer Windows now rather than dates, we'll technically keep the likes of Cullen and Bielik until the 1st June
  • Options
    1st legs

2nd legs

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

Only 3K, surely they'd bring about 7K - so they can deal with Millwall who of course, as we're reliably informed will be waiting for them for a tear up
  • Options
    1st legs

2nd legs

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

Both games can't be on at 12.15 so someone would have to budge/suck it up.