Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playoff dates efl email

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    1st legs
    6th vs 3rd Saturday 11th may 19.30
    5th vs 4th Sunday 12th may 12.15

2nd legs
    3rd vs 6th Thursday 16th may 19.30
    4th vs 5th Friday 17th may 19.30

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

potential nightmare for the 1st legs as an overnight stop likely required and the sunday game may also require if wanting to travel by train going up night before
    Thursday and Friday games are at 19:45 though mate.

Thanks very much, either way.

Not the most ideal or considerate for the first legs at all, but at least they’re now confirmed and we have a rough idea of what could happen.

Let’s hope it doesn’t even come to that and we get 2nd place anyway. 
  • Options
    Urgh what a horrible Kick-Off for a Saturday, cant see us getting 6th though for that game to be at the Valley!!
  • Options
    Saturday and Sunday games should be 3pm ko. 
    Thanks sky.NOT 
  • Options
    I'm hoping us 5th pompey 4th
    Away on the Friday night
  • Options
    Sage said:
    1st legs

2nd legs
    3rd vs 6th Thursday 16th may 19.30
    4th vs 5th Friday 17th may 19.30

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

potential nightmare for the 1st legs as an overnight stop likely required and the sunday game may also require if wanting to travel by train going up night before
    Thursday and Friday games are at 19:45 though mate.

Thanks very much, either way.

Not the most ideal or considerate for the first legs at all, but at least they’re now confirmed and we have a rough idea of what could happen.

Let’s hope it doesn’t even come to that and we get 2nd place anyway. 

Nice work fellas.

I'm watching the mighty Elfsborg away to Malmo on the 12th.

It looks like I'll be celebrating twice in a few hours.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Away on the Friday night
    More likely on current form to be playing Sunderland on those nights
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Away on the Friday night
    More likely on current form to be playing Sunderland on those nights
    Good thing is if were away 2nd leg it's on the Friday 
  • Options
    Obviously hope the Play-Offs won't be necessary but the dates probably work for me as not around on Sat 11th and we won't finish 6th and be in that game at home. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Finishing 3rd would be ideal and playing Peterborough as won’t need to get a hotel.

Trying to have a look at trains etc but way too many potential variables as to who we could be playing.

Sunderland would be a nightmare for the away leg on the Sunday or Thursday. Hoping it’s not Barnsley as I still haven’t got over the last time we played in Yorkshire on a Sunday lunch time.
  • Options
    1st legs

2nd legs
    3rd vs 6th Thursday 16th may 19.45
    4th vs 5th Friday 17th may 19.45

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

I would say these kick offs give a big advantage to finishing 3rd or 4th rather than 5th or 6th - even more so than normal.

3rd or 4th with a Thursday / Friday 7.45pm kick off under the floodlights at The Valley we'll have a great atmosphere even if we're going into the game a goal behind.

If we finish 5th a Sunday 12.15pm kick off will naturally flatten the atmosphere a little and I feel lose some of our home advantage. Now if a team like Doncaster were to finish 5th they wouldn't have much of an atmosphere to lose so the loss wouldn't be so bad but I feel whoever out of us, Barnsley, Sunderland, Pompey finish 5th a bit of home advantage will be lost. I would far rather a 7.45pm kick off under the floodlights than a 12.15pm Sunday game at home. As others have said if we find ourselves away in the second leg I can see a poor ref melting under home pressure in the second leg especially if at Sunderland. We need to try and let this be us in this position with 15-16k home fans pressuring the ref in the second leg.

And without jumping the gun playing Doncaster at Wembley would be ideal if we get there not because they're finishing 6th but just because our support could vastly outnumber them and make it feel like a home game especially being in London. If not then Barnsley. I fear playing Sunderland as they owe us for 1998 and Pompey having already beaten them twice it would be sods law for them to win the one that really mattered.

Last season nobody thought we could make the play offs. This season it's the same but with automatic promotion. If we don't make it I would prefer Sunderland to get 2nd. I feel we can beat Barnsley or Pompey over two legs but maybe only Barnsley or Doncaster in the Final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    19.30 kick off on the Saturday night, the atmosphere will be spot on.  Lots of booze to open the larynx will lift the roof off The Valley.
  • Options
    19.30 kick off on the Saturday night, the atmosphere will be spot on.  Lots of booze to open the larynx will lift the roof off The Valley.
    We won't be finishing 6th though unless we lose all the remaining 4 and Doncaster win there 4 so may as well rule this one out.

Makes it all the more important to finish 3rd or 4th to get a 7.45pm kick off.
  • Options
    Yet thats if we finish 6th so highly unlikely we'll be at the Valley for that KO
  • Options
    Personally I want the away leg the 2nd game
  • Options
    Still too many imprombrables. We could finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. (6th is as unlikely as 1st). Probably won't know until after the Gillingham game.....if that.
  • Options
    We won't be finishing 6th though unless we lose all the remaining 4 and Doncaster win there 4 so may as well rule this one out.

The 7:45 home kick off didn't go us much good against Shrewsbury though...
  • Options

True but it'd still make better than for a Sunday 12.15pm kick off.
  • Options

Nor Swindon before that.
  • Options

Nor Swindon before that.
    Beat them 2-1... Just frustrating we lost 2-1 at the same KO time in the first leg to setup Nicky Bailey's most infamous moment in his career
  • Options
    Was good for the Ipswich game though. Just saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I know is that Mr F is hiding the razor blades as we speak......
  • Options
    Was good for the Ipswich game though. Just saying.
    Wasn't that played on a Thursday night too?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Don’t think it matters when we play, the 1st legs are shit kick off times and as usual v little consideration for the fans but realistically I think we can rule our finishing 6th, so we wont be at home on the Saturday night or away the Thursday. 
  • Options
    Don’t think it matters when we play, the 1st legs are shit kick off times and as usual v little consideration for the fans but realistically I think we can rule our finishing 6th, so we wont be at home on the Saturday night or away the Thursday. 
    Not shit kick off times if Donny are playing Barnsley.....or even us v Pompey. Us v Sunderland is a whole different ball game though. 
  • Options
    Our league match at the SoL was also an early kick off (12:30). Grim to potentially play Sunderland twice at that time!
  • Options
    Our league match at the SoL was also an early kick off (12:30). Grim to potentially play Sunderland twice at that time!
    Might be worth looking at flights to Newcastle on those potential dates for anyone tempted to go up that way
  • Options
    Doesn't matter, we're going up in the autos. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Not shit kick off times if Donny are playing Barnsley.....or even us v Pompey. Us v Sunderland is a whole different ball game though. 
    nicest way i only really care about our fans, 19.30 on a Saturday which we will be away apart from pompey its an overnighter for most, so yeah pretty shit imo. if we were 12.15 away to sunderland for example the 1st train out to newcastle is 8.48am departure from kings cross ( wouldnt get you to stadium of light until after kick off )
    so either drive or have to go up to newcastle/sunderland the night before most have already done this once this season.

on current standings we would have pompey at home at 12.15 on a Sunday probably the worst slot of all for atmosphere. 

• Options
    All I know is that Mr F is hiding the razor blades as we speak......
    Does he like you with a beard?
  • Options
    So.... are those dates not now provisional, then?