Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Carlton Cole got 7 England caps.
  • Options
    Harry Maguire's last two goals were for Scotland and Sevilla.
  • Options
    San Marino U21 team last scored a goal in Nov 2017, 30 games since.
    To be fair that sounds very true.
  • Options
    Since joining Manchester City, Kalvin Phillips has been in the starting line up more times for England than City.
  • Options
    The player that has made the most appearances of any English man in the French top flight played for Charlton.

Answers in a post card 😉
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The player that has made the most appearances of any English man in the French top flight played for Charlton.

Answers in a post card 😉
    Mavididi?  Know he's over there but not sure how long he's been there.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Answers in a post card 😉
    Nice timing as he’s just scored Leicesters 4th
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Answers in a post card 😉
    That's how I knew :-:smile:

Beat Chris Waddle's record.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Answers in a post card 😉
    Haha so not over there then!!  Had no idea he'd gone to Leicester.

Was it the right answer?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Answers in a post card 😉
    Haha so not over there then!!  Had no idea he'd gone to Leicester.

Was it the right answer?
    Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Welbeck has scored against Manchester United in the reigns of Erik ten Hag, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal and for them in the reigns of the two previous permanent managers, David Moyes and Sir Alex Ferguson.
  • Options
    After all the talk of Chelsea trying to sell Gallagher, he is captain today
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    After all the talk of Chelsea trying to sell Gallagher, he is captain today
    Probably added a few million onto his price.
  • Options
    Chuks Aneke has returned. I'm still in shock.
  • Options
    I haven't been able to check this one, but the person who told me is normally reliable.

The largest number of games any EFL team has gone from the start of the season without a league goal is only 8. Set by Halifax in 1990. I'd have expected it to be much higher. The reason this stat is in the news is that Cheltenham have equalled it and have the chance to break it on Saturday.
  • Options
    Another one: Cheltenham's top scorer this season across all league and cup games combined has never played for them -  it's James Gibbons of Bristol Rovers who scored an own goal in an EFL Trophy game. 
  • Options
    I haven't been able to check this one, but the person who told me is normally reliable.

The largest number of games any EFL team has gone from the start of the season without a league goal is only 8. Set by Halifax in 1990. I'd have expected it to be much higher. The reason this stat is in the news is that Cheltenham have equalled it and have the chance to break it on Saturday.
    Just looked at their results and somehow their only point so far this season was away to Portsmouth who are top.
  • Options

Alfie May, hearing this fact:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Four of Joao Felix's last seven club goals have come in stadiums that have hosted the Olympics in Danny Ings' lifetime

#facts
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Four of Joao Felix's last seven club goals have come in stadiums that have hosted the Olympics in Danny Ings' lifetime

#facts
    I have no idea if that one sounds true or not!!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chuks Aneke has returned. I'm still in shock.
    So’s Chuks. 
  • Options
    The most common surname among Premier League players is Traore.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    is that of all time?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    is that of all time?
    No - current
  • Options
    The most consecutive passes leadering to a goal in the Premier league is 48.

Nacer Chadli for Spurs v QPR in 2014.
  • Options
    One from the Wycombe Commentary today, so may well be a load of bullshit - The further a Brighton Goal Kick has been passed this season is 20-yards.
  • Options
    What?