Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    There are two players who went to France 98 who are still playing.
    Ono and Buffon?
    O yes.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Omar Bogle has scored 7 (seven) goals already this season.
    The mind boggles.
  • Options
    Burnley are top of the Championship, having lost just one game all season. Blackburn are one point behind them, having lost seven games. Coventry are 24th and last, having lost five games. 

One of those doesn't sound right!!!
    Coventry have played three less games than everyone else, because of their pitch being shit for the start of the season
  • Options
    Burnley are top of the Championship, having lost just one game all season. Blackburn are one point behind them, having lost seven games. Coventry are 24th and last, having lost five games. 

One of those doesn't sound right!!!
    Blackburn are top of the Championship having lost seven matches. Burnley are second having lost one match.
  • Options
    Seems all or nothing for Blackburn 9 wins, 7 losses, no draws.
  • Options
    Ralph Hasenhuttl has been in charge for 128 Premier League games during which time they have dropped 94 points from winning positions. Tonight they are currently 1-0 up at Bournemouth.
  • Options
    In my daughters first season watching Charlton, she attended 13 games, all of them away... And she didnt see one defeat. Won 12 drew 1. Thanks Sir Chris Powell. I believe there were  a club record 19 away wins that season. 

Other that THAT season. Can any other Charlton fan, better that record in one season of away games? If so, in what year(s). 
  • Options
    In my daughters first season watching Charlton, she attended 13 games, all of them away... And she didnt see one defeat. Won 12 drew 1. Thanks Sir Chris Powell. I believe there were  a club record 19 away wins that season. 

Other that THAT season. Can any other Charlton fan, better that record in one season of away games? If so, in what year(s). 
    If we won 19 away I'll get a tattoo of... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you're counting pre-season then it was 19.

2011-12 season.

15 away league wins.
    Win at Halifax in the FA Cup
    Pre-season wins at Welling, Bromley and Bristol City (in Spain).
  • Options
    I'll pay for his tattoo
  • Options
    Don Hutchinson should have played for Rostov. 
  • Options

If you're counting pre-season then it was 19.

2011-12 season.

15 away league wins.
    Win at Halifax in the FA Cup
    Pre-season wins at Welling, Bromley and Bristol City (in Spain).
    Thanks Chris. We did Halifax. 4-0 if I recall. 
  • Options
    Plymouth Argyle are the only league club to have gone undefeated at home for the entire duration of a Prime Minister's tenure, being unbeaten at Home Park during Bonar Law's premiership (They were beaten at The Valley though). They look set to repeat that record next week. 
  • Options
    Trent Alexander Arnold is set to do something tomorrow that hasn't been done since Don Hutchinson did it in 1999.

Play next to a river with the same name as their forename.
  • Options
    The Valley Party got just under 15,000 votes in the 1990 Greenwich Council Elections. That is just under 20% of the amount of votes that Liz Truss got which made her the Uk Prime Minister. Charlton still play at the Valley.
  • Options
    The last 15 goals in matches between Bayern Munich and Barcelona have been scored by Bayern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Wonder what time the coach left Larkchamp
  • Options
    October 29th - today is Crystal Palace’s last home game before Christmas. 
  • Options
    Today's result exactly mirrors the Ipswich v Charlton match on Dec 29th 1990.

Ipswich led 2 0, we made it 2 2. They then led 4 2 before we made it 4 4. Who says lightning doesn't strike twice?
    Well lightning can strike more than once - Just rarely at the same location, like what has happened here given one game was at Portman Road, and one was at the Valley ;)
  • Options
    Today's result exactly mirrors the Ipswich v Charlton match on Dec 29th 1990.

Ipswich led 2 0, we made it 2 2. They then led 4 2 before we made it 4 4. Who says lightning doesn't strike twice?
    Well lightning can strike more than once - Just rarely at the same location, like what has happened here given one game was at Portman Road, and one was at the Valley ;)
    There I was thinking I was dazzling the masses with my knowledge ! Cut straight down to size. 😭
  • Options
    Chelsea have conceded 4+ goals in their first defeat under Graham Potter, Thomas Tuchel & Frank Lampard.