Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Keith Gillespie?
  • Options
    Presumably it doesn't have to mean Manchester Unuted & City?

Could be any United or City?
  • Options
    Keith Gillespie?
    His first 2 clubs don’t begin with the same letter.
  • Options
    Keith Gillespie?
    Nope. Born in a non Euros year.
  • Options

Yeah, I reckon it's not the Manchester clubs,  or at least not both of them.
  • Options
    Keith Gillespie?
    Trying to guess without Google! :smile:
  • Options
    Keith Gillespie?
    Trying to guess without Google! :smile:
    Without Google it must be nigh on impossible. I've no idea which year a player was born without Googling
  • Options
    The Steve Claridge clue hardly narrows it down!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I could only work out that he probably played for England when young but represented NI or ROI later ............ sorry putting you off, if wrong
    I thought that but there's also English u21 internationals who've played for African countries or Jamaica etc, tough to narrow it down.

Must be a loan at Forest maybe?
  • Options
    Anyone know the answer? This has really got me, plus my mates that I've sent it on to!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a really tough one!  You need a Forest version of Colin Cameron's Home & Away to find people who played one game.

Assuming it's it's Nottingham Forest!
  • Options

It's a minefield.

The City could refer to Leicester or Bradford (as Collymore and Claridge played for them). But the club link with Collymore could equally be Forest. 

The Claridge clue doesn't help, bloke had about 35 clubs.
  • Options
    I'm a member of the Football in the 1990's group. That poster does those quizzes regularly but I couldn't find any record of that one. Maybe it was wrong and has been removed/edited?
  • Options
    I'm a member of the Football in the 1990's group. That poster does those quizzes regularly but I couldn't find any record of that one. Maybe it was wrong and has been removed/edited?
    My mate messaged the bloke asking for more clues but he got shirty with him as he hadn't received enough guesses ! 

It's been driving me nuts for nearly a week.
  • Options
    My mate messaged the bloke asking for more clues but he got shirty with him as he hadn't received enough guesses ! 

What a clown.
  • Options

And you've now shared the pain.... 
  • Options
    Shaun Goater 
  • Options
    Shaun Goater 
    It's good but it's not right, his first 2 clubs were man United and Rotherham.  He played 1 game for Notts County not forest.  Only ever played for Bermuda, finished his career at North Village Rams. Was born in a world cup year as well. 
  • Options

And you've now shared the pain.... 
    Ha, yeah, apologies for that. I wish I could put us all out of our collective misery but I'm none the wiser myself. My pal who sent it to me has a lot to answer for. 

As soon as I get the answer (if it gets revealed) I'll get it straight on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ, 90 years & 3 players!  Great stat.
  • Options
    Arsenal have spent the most amount of money of any PL club in the current transfer window.
  • Options
    Arsenal have spent the most amount of money of any PL club in the current transfer window.
    And will still win f*** all
  • Options
    And you could argue that they've not even improved their first XI by doing it - Odegaard was there anyway, Ramsdale is a back up for now, Tavares is a back up, basically it depends on whether White is better than Luiz.
  • Options
    Newcastle away ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Newcastle away ? 
    Illic
    Mills
    Powell
    Readfern
    Youds
    Rufus
    Newton
    Kinsella
    Hunt
    Mendonca
    Robinson

Against Newcastle opening day I guess?

Not sure if that 11 ever played again although I suspect they did. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I recall it was the first game of the season after we won The Championship.