Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    England have managed to assemble a team that's better than the sum of its parts. Pretty sure that hasn't happened before in my lifetime.
  • Options
    England have managed to assemble a team that's better than the sum of its parts. Pretty sure that hasn't happened before in my lifetime.
    You were obviously born post-11/07/66. 
  • Options
    You were obviously born post-11/07/66. 
    Yes. It's happened in living memory, but not in mine.
  • Options
    Is he taking the peseta?
  • Options
    There have been more own goals scored at Euro 2020 than all other European Championships combined
  • Options
    I’ve seen tweets etc saying that advertising boards in stadiums show different advertisements at the same time depending on what country/area you are in. I’ve seen people try and explain it but I can’t get my head round it, especially if you’re there live.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I’ve seen tweets etc saying that advertising boards in stadiums show different advertisements at the same time depending on what country/area you are in. I’ve seen people try and explain it but I can’t get my head round it, especially if you’re there live.
    It's down to hertz refresh rate. I think ads are played on the live hoardings at different refresh rates relevant to the viewing country therefore you see the one relevant to your country.

EDIT correct explanation below
  • Options
    It's done virtually with digital overlay technology on LED screens. 

So for example in the same way if you were printing on a hoarding you'd send off your file to be printed, instead companies just send off their ads to be resized for the LED screens and they're inserted into the digital overlay and go out on their respective live feed.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It's really clever, but it's not new, it is almost impossible to explain without really confusing someone.  It's the same technology they now use to superimpose logos onto rugby and cricket pitches, when they used to literally paint them on.

Edit

This article is 10 years old https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/fa-test-new-ad-technology/1077533

But it still true, its basically added post production but "live" it really is mind blowing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I like the refresh rate answer....but I also like the digital overlay response.....but which one is correct?

There's only one way to find out.......

Harry Hill FIGHT - Album on Imgur

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's really clever, but it's not new, it is almost impossible to explain without really confusing someone.  It's the same technology they now use to superimpose logos onto rugby and cricket pitches, when they used to literally paint them on. 

This is my new favourite post.

• Options
    It's down to hertz refresh rate. I think ads are played on the live hoardings at different refresh rates relevant to the viewing country therefore you see the one relevant to your country.
    That would mean every country watches TV at a different rate. Which they don't. It's just a digital overlay on the boards made by the cameras viewing it.
  • Options
    I like the refresh rate answer....but I also like the digital overlay response.....but which one is correct?

There's only one way to find out.......

Harry Hill FIGHT - Album on Imgur

Actually both are right, I think.  I am sure PSG have used an Led system as described but it's limited into the number of versions you can see.  The digital overlay technology would, in theory, allow targeted Google style advertising. 
  • Options
    From a few years ago on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HreDhkq4gk
    Maybe I’m really not tech savvy, maybe I’m sad, but I find that amazing. It looks so clean.
  • Options

Maybe I’m really not tech savvy, maybe I’m sad, but I find that amazing. It looks so clean.
    Think of it like a green screen but for cameras.
  • Options

Is it just me that finds this stuff a bit sinister?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    That would mean every country watches TV at a different rate. Which they don't. It's just a digital overlay on the boards made by the cameras viewing it.

Sure, I defer to your knowledge on this as I must have misunderstood it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England reached an international final.
  • Options
    And ended up losing on penalties  :o
  • Options
    No, that one sounds true.  :'(
  • Options
    All too believable.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Lovely! But because I'm a sad git and couldn't help myself I had to check. Vicky died 44,003 days ago, whereas Spurs were confirmed as League Champions only 21,991 days ago. So, there's still three weeks to go before this works.
  • Options
    Well I googled this too and it came up as 44003 and 22003 so believe it was correct 3 days ago 
  • Options
    April 29 1961