Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Jayden Stockley scored in a victory today. 
    The last time he did this was in July 2020 when he helped  Preston beat Sheffield Wednesday. He’s played 40 games since then and scored in 8 games.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    One Premier League manager had already managed 6 clubs over a 15 year period before another Premier League manager was even born.
  • Options
    One Premier League manager had already managed 6 clubs over a 15 year period before another Premier Leahue manager was even born.
    Guessing - Roy Hodgson/Ryan Mason?
  • Options
    One Premier League manager had already managed 6 clubs over a 15 year period before another Premier Leahue manager was even born.
    Guessing - Roy Hodgson/Ryan Mason?
    Right in one!!
  • Options
    Wales did not play an international fixture against anyone but the British Isles teams or France until after WWII. 
  • Options
    There are 8 international sides based partly or wholly in Asia who play in European competitions.
  • Options
    There are 8 international sides based partly or wholly in Asia who play in European competitions.
    Kazakhstan are the ones that confuse me, they border

I get Israel because there would be the biggest sandstorm if ever they face a team from the Middle East - Would love in terms of curiousity to know what would happen if they reached a World Cup, could keep them and the likes of Iran apart in the Groups but could never completely rule out the chance of them meeting later in the competition
  • Options

I get Israel because there would be the biggest sandstorm if ever they face a team from the Middle East - Would love in terms of curiousity to know what would happen if they reached a World Cup, could keep them and the likes of Iran apart in the Groups but could never completely rule out the chance of them meeting later in the competition
    You could, by ensuring they don't get out the groups.  It's happened 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

1970 World Cup I presume, although dont know anything more than the fact they were there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

1970 World Cup I presume, although dont know anything more than the fact they were there?
    I just ment they can, and have, made sure teams don't get out the group.  Also the world cup is bracketed so you just make sure they can only play in the final. 
  • Options

Kazakhstan basically wanted football to become more popular in the country and they wasn’t receiving the help they needed from Asian federation. FC Astana playing Man Utd a few years ago in Europe League was a huge deal, especially when they won one of the games. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    West Ham have had eight red cards since the start of the 2015/16 Premier League season

Five of those red cards were rescinded
  • Options
    Charlton have held onto a 1-0 win in the past
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Charlton have held onto a 1-0 win in the past
    Only quite recently, away at Doncaster.

Now, if you'd said 'at home', I'd have laughed you out of town.
  • Options
    All three times Chelsea have reached the Champions League final, it came after they changed manager mid-season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea are third in the table... and their top scorer has SIX goals in the League
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Heard this on the radio and had to do a quick check but it looks like it is true....
    No English national has scored a hat trick in the any of the big 5 leagues (England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany) in 2021.
  • Options
    Someone will get one later today then.
  • Options
    Heard this on the radio and had to do a quick check but it looks like it is true....
    No English national has scored a hat trick in the any of the big 5 leagues (England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany) in 2021.

Yeah there's been a few in the current season but none actually in 2021
  • Options
    The Norwich City canary .. protestant refugee Flemish weavers brought canaries to the city in the 17 C. The canaries used to sing along to the rhythm of the weaving looms and the English adopted the canary as a symbol of their city as wool weaving was THE industry that made Norwich rich
  • Options
    i read somewhere that Charlton had won a game on the 25th April.
  • Options
    Bruno Fernandes only needs to score in May to complete a full 12 months scoring every month for his club.

Got to be a very rare (unique?) achievement given the normal season breaks.
    He completed this.

Can't think many will have scored club goals every month for 12 months.
  • Options
    Scott Carson starts a Premier League match tonight, one week shy of a decade since he last did so (also against Newcastle).
  • Options
    He could also win the Champions League this season, 16 years after last winning it.