Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    according to talksport now there is a chance for bury, consortium with 7m say they contacted the efl before the deadline and are begging for a chance to get a deal done.
    The pressure from the public might be too much for the EFL to say "no" to if they really have the money.
  • Options
    Anyone know when Roland is on Uncle Jim’s radio show to discuss the Bury / Bolton situation, how poor the EFL are, the change in FFP rules and how hard it is for owners? 

Surely must be be any day now?
  • Options
    Not sure if I copied it right. Sorry. 
  • Options
    God help her if it ever happened to her club (Leeds) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Sounds harsh that they wont consider it, hopefully they release a Statement explaining but wont hold my breath

Old takeover fell through about an hour before the deadline...

New party came on to the scene, there is a claim that this new takeover was accepted BEFORE the deadline

Not to mention a bank transfer as evidence of funds sent across to the EFL

Just sounds like the EFL want to try and show how big they are by making Bury into an example nothing more!!
  • Options
    sky sports reporting;

efl informs gustavo forrerira who is behind the proposed bury takeover that they will not reverse there decision to expel them from the football league

what a fucking shame - efl useless cnuts
  • Options
    They had numerous deadlines, why didn't this bid come in before the last one?
  • Options
    Well done to Scott Cunliffe at the Champions League draw

He's a Burnley fan who ran to every away game last season to raise what I think was Mental Health Awareness

Presenter spoke to him about the award and Scott basically just said that UEFA can talk about communities yet thats not more so than whats going on within the North of England with Football at the moment!!
  • Options
    Don’t understand why they won’t give them another chance to get this over the line, got to be better than letting them just disappear.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Don’t understand why they won’t give them another chance to get this over the line, got to be better than letting them just disappear.
    Or even say No in public yet quietly let Bury try and do it by next week

If they cant then they can say to Bury that the decision stands, if it goes through they can rescind the decision

Saves people getting their hopes up and saves the EFL from having to expel them again

I cant imagine they've done that though
  • Options
    I detest the EFL as much as everyone but a final final deadline has to count for something. They've had their chance. Sorry but has to be a cut off sometimes. 
    Yes it does need to count for something, but it didn't seem to count for Bolton, who got another 14 days, justifiably as it turns out.

If this (the EFL) was a proper, competent organisation then I would entirely agree with the sentiment that a deadline is a deadline. However, the EFL is the enabler to Bury being in this hideous situation - as far as I'm concerned, they should have let what is admittedly a farcical situation continue as long as their was a glimmer of hope that someone could rescue Bury from the mess that the EFL had allowed them to be put in. They've not seemed remotely interested in doing a proper job of policing and regulating their members until now. 

Incidentally just as Laurence Bassini was sniffing around Bolton, and Peter Risdale was allowed to be involved in Cardiff, Preston and Plymouth after wrecking Leeds, don't for one second think that the EFL will stop Steve Dale and Ken Anderson from getting involved with another club if they want to. It might even be us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    MrLargo said:
    I detest the EFL as much as everyone but a final final deadline has to count for something. They've had their chance. Sorry but has to be a cut off sometimes. 
    Yes it does need to count for something, but it didn't seem to count for Bolton, who got another 14 days, justifiably as it turns out.

If this (the EFL) was a proper, competent organisation then I would entirely agree with the sentiment that a deadline is a deadline. However, the EFL is the enabler to Bury being in this hideous situation - as far as I'm concerned, they should have let what is admittedly a farcical situation continue as long as their was a glimmer of hope that someone could rescue Bury from the mess that the EFL had allowed them to be put in. They've not seemed remotely interested in doing a proper job of policing and regulating their members until now. 

Incidentally just as Laurence Bassini was sniffing around Bolton, and Peter Risdale was allowed to be involved in Cardiff, Preston and Plymouth after wrecking Leeds, don't for one second think that the EFL will stop Steve Dale and Ken Anderson from getting involved with another club if they want to. It might even be us.
    Exactly. If EFL did their job it wouldn't come to this. 

They are entirely complicit in the inflated marketplace that leads to clubs putting themselves in jeopardy. FFP my arse.
  • Options
    Bury: Academy manager says releasing young players has been 'heart-breaking' https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49514852
  • Options
    talk in the papers today of Premier clubs putting into a fund to help lower clubs in danger .. of course that means that the door would be open for corrupt owners to overspend in the knowledge that 'free' help is at hand .. 

and yes, Floyd's Nick Mason and his associates are behind the Bolton rescue .. pity poor Parkinson, he walks out and a far less deserving manager will get the cash to spend on the squad
  • Options
    talk in the papers today of Premier clubs putting into a fund to help lower clubs in danger .. of course that means that the door would be open for corrupt owners to overspend in the knowledge that 'free' help is at hand .. 

and yes, Floyd's Nick Mason and his associates are behind the Bolton rescue .. pity poor Parkinson, he walks out and a far less deserving manager will get the cash to spend on the squad
    long thought that there should be a levy on transfers, say 0.5% of the fee, that way all Clubs contribute but obviously the PL clubs with all the money contribute the most. Would need to be stricter rules on spending though otherwise as you say what is to stop a club overspending in the knowledge they will be bailed out
  • Options

They should be allowed to see if this new deal can be completed, and if so, worse case scenario if the EFL want top be harsh as the fixtures can't catch up they relegate them to League 2 for next season.

EFL board need their heads banging together.

• Options
    Who deliberately missed them? The scumbag owner? The fans? The community?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Who deliberately missed them? The scumbag owner? The fans? The community?
    The scumbag owner, who did the same as the scumbag Bolton owner.
    Both turned down deals that would have saved the clubs in order to make more money for themselves.
  • Options
    Disagree. They had numerous deadlines and deliberately missed them all.

At some point the EFL has to say "enough".  That should have been the summer or when Dale bought Bury, that is their mistake.

That be the dodgy owner/s missing the deadlines?

So if RD decides he's had enough of paying the bills and we go into liquidation, he still wants north of £50m as that's what 'the property/land' is worth and the EFL kick us out that'll be OK?