Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will UEFA take racism seriously?

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Dynamo Kiev fans racially abuse Shakhtar player Taison.

Taison makes a gesture towards the Dynamo fans and kicks the ball into the crowd at them.

The referee...............sends off Taison.

• Options
    FIFA deciding to hold the world cup in a country where being gay is illegal says it all really. The only thing the football authorities are interested in is lining their pockets.
    This is such a sad statement:
    But 100% correct
  • Options
    FIFA deciding to hold the world cup in a country where being gay is illegal says it all really. The only thing the football authorities are interested in is lining their pockets.
    we definitely agree on that ... deplorable
  • Options
    Good article in the Mirror today, love Chris Powell's approach to the matter.

'We can't right the wrongs of the past.  What we can do is make things right now'.

• Options

Teams in the Dutch Eredivisie plan to stand still and not play during the first minute of their matches this weekend in protest against racism.

Fantastic idea, wasnt just Eredivisie, the second division did it tonight as well
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye was the Pioneer of this protest, but we used to do it for 90 minutes under him instead of 1!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Terrible scenes in Portugal

Porto player couldn't take the abuse he was receiving anymore and tried to walk off the pitch and his own players tried to stop him

They should have gone with him not tried to stop him

• Options
    Liking your comment because I agree. Shameful scenes
  • Options
    Terrible scenes in Portugal

Porto player couldn't take the abuse he was receiving anymore and tried to walk over the pitch and his own playets tried to stop him

They should have gone with him not tried to stop him

Awful from his teammates and manager by the looks of things... 

I think a rocket launcher to the crowd is better idea... meet them head fucking on... c****
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is what Marega posted after the game on Instagram, it was in Portuguese but has been translated

• Options
    Good news .... we need more of this and if the authorities won't act then we need to do the malcolm x style of rebellion, Ghandi's approach seems to be doing sod all.
  • Options
    Was apparently getting abuse throughout the game but stayed on long enough to score the winner.

Completely agree that his team mates should've walked off with him, but i'd like to see their stance as more of a 'stay on the pitch and don't let these idiots win' rather than them just not caring about the racist abuse.
  • Options
    Was apparently getting abuse throughout the game but stayed on long enough to score the winner.

Completely agree that his team mates should've walked off with him, but i'd like to see their stance as more of a 'stay on the pitch and don't let these idiots win' rather than them just not caring about the racist abuse.
    Yeah I'd love to know what his team mates were saying to him

At times it looked as though they didn't care about his feelings and wanted him to concentrate on the Football, other times it looked like they were trying to stop him from leaving because they didn't want the opposition fans to know they'd won

Trouble this has caused is the Vitoria fans will think they've won, they've got the player to leave the pitch so will keep doing it

C'mon UEFA | FIFA | FA, sort this f**king out
  • Options
    Great referring as usual, coward jobs worth.
  • Options
    Think its also pretty disappointing that you've got other players on the pitch (for both teams) of similar origin

Apart from one of the Porto subs, none of them are trying to offer him support whilst no one goes up to the fans to tell them to stop!!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Craig Ramage's comments on Radio Derby blaming the young black players at the club drawing, quite rightly, condemnation from Darren Bent and coach Liam Rosenior as well as current player Max Lowe.

• Options
    Apparently, the Casilla case for abusing Leko will be resolved this week, only taken them 4 months, shocking! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Craig Ramage's comments on Radio Derby blaming the young black players at the club drawing, quite rightly, condemnation from Darren Bent and coach Liam Rosenior as well as current player Max Lowe.

He's apparently been sacked by the BBC

Apparently, the Casilla case for abusing Leko will be resolved this week, only taken them 4 months, shocking! 
    I can see the case being thrown out like the Rudiger one @ Spurs... Cant see there being enough evidence to back up the players claims

Its one players word against anothers
  • Options

I can see the case being thrown out like the Rudiger one @ Spurs... Cant see there being enough evidence to back up the players claims

Two players. Bonne heard it too but I can believe the authorities will still dismiss it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Two players. Bonne heard it too but I can believe the authorities will still dismiss it.
    In response Id be surprised if two Leeds players dont come forward saying they didnt hear anything like that being said

You'd bloody hope not but Id be shocked if it didnt happen to deliberately try and make the events murky
  • Options

Same. I genuinely don't know how they prove it when it's one persons word against anothers with no other evidence. Bonne says "i heard it too", a Leeds defender says "he said nothing". Then what?