Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Not sure we'll be seeing either Bielik or Cullen this year think both players will be sold by there respective clubs and for a lot more than we can afford
    Both clubs would be stupid to sell this summer, neither Arsenal or West Ham are desperate for cash and 1 good season in League 1 wont make the clubs offer millions and millions.

Loan to a top Champ or lower prem team, then of they have another good season could sell for a lot more next season
    Except Bielik didn't just have one good season in League 1.

He was outstanding in the U21 championship for Poland.

And next year, they can both leave for nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    People dont half post some shit on here.

In an absolute ideal world, in my opinion, players for us to bring in would be something like:

Peter Shilton in his early 30s

New CB (Possibly Beckenbauer or Moore if he's not available)

Krystian Bielik (If not at centre back, then in defensive midfield)

Fat Ronaldo before he was fat

Harry Kane

Messi

Maradona aged 26

Zico
    Get off your high horse

You forgot Maldini
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Much better position already though and thats before we bring in five loan players

Phillips
    Solly | Lockyer | Sarr | Purrington
    Loanee | Dijksteel | Forster-Caskey
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

Bench: Loanee (GK) | Pearce | Page | Pratley | Lapslie | Loanee | Loanee

If we can sign Oztumer then we're a lot closer to the squad depth we had last season and that makes me a lot more comfortable than how I felt at the end of May - Yes I had faith in Bowyer and Gallen but definitely didnt expect them to make the permanent signings of Purrington | Aneke | Lockyer (Bonne is still untested), definitely didnt expect them to be of that level and we could of course still bring in Ben Amos and Jonny Williams on permanent deals too
    No way is Solly a champ starter at right back, and Bonne who is coming from non league isn’t a starter. Even Aneke is coming from league 2.

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Subs: New Signing (Amos?), Solly, Lockyer, Morgan, Pratley, New Signing (Williams?), New Striker Signing

Squad: Page, Lapslie, Bonne, Stevenson, Aouachria,  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Much better position already though and thats before we bring in five loan players

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

If we can sign Oztumer then we're a lot closer to the squad depth we had last season and that makes me a lot more comfortable than how I felt at the end of May - Yes I had faith in Bowyer and Gallen but definitely didnt expect them to make the permanent signings of Purrington | Aneke | Lockyer (Bonne is still untested), definitely didnt expect them to be of that level and we could of course still bring in Ben Amos and Jonny Williams on permanent deals too
  • Options
    Sage said:
    PopIcon said:

In an absolute ideal world, in my opinion, players for us to bring in would be something like:

Harry Kane

Messi

Maradona aged 26

Zico
    Yes, as proven by your sarcastic response.

Each one of the players mentioned in my post have been linked to us this summer and I would say we are interested in every single one of them.

That doesn’t mean we will sign them. But they play in the positions we need and they’re all good players, all players who fit into the ethos of young enough, hungry and wanting to prove themselves in the Championship.
    There was nothing wrong with your suggestion, Cullen, Bielik and Nketiah are looking unlikely now but still players we have been linked with or played for us. Most likely out of the 3 probably Cullen 
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

No way is Solly a champ starter at right back, and Bonne who is coming from non league isn’t a starter. Even Aneke is coming from league 2.

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Subs: New Signing (Amos?), Solly, Lockyer, Morgan, Pratley, New Signing (Williams?), New Striker Signing

My line up was a mixture of the pre-season friendlies we've got coming up and the areas we may need to strengthen if certain things dont work

i.e. I'd put Dijksteel in at Defensive Midfield if we cant get anyone else in, whereas we desperately need another loanee in Midfield (as mentioned) as cant see Lapslie etc. being ready
  • Options
    It’s not just the kids that we need to step up. We’re going to have most of the team with no Championship experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure we'll be seeing either Bielik or Cullen this year think both players will be sold by there respective clubs and for a lot more than we can afford
    Both clubs would be stupid to sell this summer, neither Arsenal or West Ham are desperate for cash and 1 good season in League 1 wont make the clubs offer millions and millions.

Loan to a top Champ or lower prem team, then of they have another good season could sell for a lot more next season

He'll surely be offered a new contract, if he accepts he may go out on loan again. Whether we get him I don't know. 
  • Options
    I think Morgan may be the one who steps up for next season
    Must work on his side of the game off the ball, think he'll be punished by opponents a bit more if not

If he has managed to work on that side then almost definitely, my favourite goal of last season was his pass to Taylor against Rochdale
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Harry Kane

Messi

Maradona aged 26

<b>Zico<b>
    I get you're annoyed with the nonsense spoken on here at times,  but you do yourself no favours putting the geezer from X Factor up front
  • Options
    Emery who would you prefer?

Laurent Koscielny or Bielik?
    Sokratis at his best or Bielik?
    Mustafi or Bielik?

If your answer doesn't start with a 'B' you are out of a job next June.
  • Options
    Must work on his side of the game off the ball, think he'll be punished by opponents a bit more if not

If he has managed to work on that side then almost definitely, my favourite goal of last season was his pass to Taylor against Rochdale
    I think it's his fitness which was his biggest issue, he's acknowledged it himself. With a full preseason alongside the first team, and the likes of Pratley to give him guidance, I expect this to be much improved this season
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

LB wants Aneke as the 10, so either Taylor as a lone striker, which isn't ideal given his proclivity to hitting the wings, or we sign another striker or two?
  • Options
    Alfie Doughty will be there or thereabouts 
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

LB wants Aneke as the 10, so either Taylor as a lone striker, which isn't ideal given his proclivity to hitting the wings, or we sign another striker or two?
    Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs
    No. 4 | 8 - Centre-Midfield
    No. 9  - Striker or Attacking Midfield (i.e. false nine)
    No. 7 | 11 - Wingers / Midfielders
  • Options
    Was aware of Bielik cos of decent fee they paid but never seen him. Cullen imagine off most people's radar, didn't he have other lack-lustre loans? 

Gives a dilemma re Gallen. Do you promote him to DoF or pay him (our) going rate as chief scout at which he excells?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Was aware of Bielik cos of decent fee they paid but never seen him. Cullen imagine off most people's radar, didn't he have other lack-lustre loans? 

Gives a dilemma re Gallen. Do you promote him to DoF or pay him (our) going rate as chief scout at which he excells?
    System isnt broken so doesnt need to be changed

Would only change it once Bowyer eventually leaves and we start making suspect signings as there would be one of two questions

(1) Has Gallen lost his touch, in which case we move him on
    (2) Is the new Manager not listening to Gallen, in which case do we then appoint him Director of Football to get back to the signings we're making now
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs
    I thought the 10 was an attacking mid say behind the strikers/forwards? Tip of the diamond
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Alfie Doughty will be there or thereabouts 
    It's funny how names come back in fashion, I never thought I'd see an Alfred (Alfie) and Albert (Albie) potentially playing alongside each other!
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs
    I thought the 10 was an attacking mid say behind the strikers/forwards? Tip of the diamond
    Think we're both right after a quick Google...

It is also the only position on the field that is required to be occupied. "10" is one of the most emblematic squad numbers in football, due to the sheer number of football legends that used the number 10 shirt; playmakers, second strikers and attacking midfielders usually wear this number.

So can be either the attacking midfielder (like you say) or second striker
  • Options
    Or a false 9?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I imagine our new no 10 hasn't the energy to attack a mossie at the moment.
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs

It is also the only position on the field that is required to be occupied. "10" is one of the most emblematic squad numbers in football, due to the sheer number of football legends that used the number 10 shirt; playmakers, second strikers and attacking midfielders usually wear this number.

Lineker used to wear the number 10 shirt, but Ian Wright wore the number 8 and both played in the same position.

Indeed when  Lineker played with Beardsley, Beardsley wore 9 when in modern day terms he was far more of a "10"!
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs
    I assume when Bowyer says 10 he means the attacking midfielder in the diamond or 3-5-2/5-3-2.
  • Options

Phillips
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

I would expect 

Phillips

Djiksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington

JFC
    New Signing (Loanee)
    New Signing (Loanee)

New Signing (Oztumer?)

Aneke
    Taylor

Isnt a No.10 a Striker?

No.1 - Goalkeeper
    No. 2 | 3 - Full-Backs
    No. 5 | 6 - Centre-Backs

I hope Aneke knows where he is playing, not sure what we'll do if he gets fed up and chuks it all in
  • Options

I thought he was awful against Spain. He's not a CH for me