Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Ravel Morrison is training with Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Spat my drink out when I saw this reply lol 

That has really tickled me. Funniest pic/meme/gif response I've seen on twitter. 
    That's certainky one way of inflating a life jacket.

At least no man bra being worn which bodes well for next season.   
  • Options
    JdCam said:
    Would love us to take a gamble of Ravel Morrison though. Bit of shit, but you can't doubt his quality. Looks like he's back in the country too and Bows would be ideal for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48841321
    No chance a luxury player that has only once played more than 18 games for a team in 1 spell(QPR was 2 spells)

Man Utd-0 Games
    West Ham-18 Games
    Birmingham-27 games
    QPR-15 Games
    Cardiff-7 Games
    Lazio- 4 Games
    QPR-5 Games
    Atlas-18 Games
    Ostersund-6 Games

• Options
    JdCam said:
    Would love us to take a gamble of Ravel Morrison though. Bit of shit, but you can't doubt his quality. Looks like he's back in the country too and Bows would be ideal for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48841321
    No chance a luxury player that has only once played more than 18 games for a team in 1 spell(QPR was 2 spells)

Man Utd-0 Games
    West Ham-18 Games
    Birmingham-27 games
    QPR-15 Games
    Cardiff-7 Games
    Lazio- 4 Games
    QPR-5 Games
    Atlas-18 Games
    Ostersund-6 Games

Same as Jonny! Would prefer Jonny though!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    https://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/battle-is-on-for-whelan-38272289.html

Linked with Glenn Whelan who has just left Villa. 
    With such a young squad he could be a fantastic signing. Great player and a good professional.
    Personally, I think he's well past his best and has looked poor the last few seasons.
    I'd rather we looked elsewhere, even if he's free.
    But I accept beggars can't be choosers.
    I thought he was rubbish even in his prime. And he seems to have declined pretty sharply since. We already have Pratley, who has spent most of his career in the Championship. I don't see how another violent, bad on the ball midfielder helps us. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    SDAddick said:
    Redrobo said:

With such a young squad he could be a fantastic signing. Great player and a good professional.
    Personally, I think he's well past his best and has looked poor the last few seasons.
    I thought he was rubbish even in his prime. And he seems to have declined pretty sharply since. We already have Pratley, who has spent most of his career in the Championship. I don't see how another violent, bad on the ball midfielder helps us. 
    So do I tbf, but as I can be harsh and was expecting a challenge, I thought I'd tone it down a bit.
    He used to be ok, but his legs are going going .... :smile:
  • Options
    Violent and bad on the ball doesn't described either Pratley or Whelan accurately or fairly.

I doubt Whelan to Charlton is anything more than agent talk but let's not pretend our squad is so strong that it doesn't need more experience.
    Was about to post the same, thought it was harsh on both. Neither were Luka Modric but Whelan in particular wasn’t the worst passer. 

Hope it isnt going to happen. I don’t have any tattoos, not bothered about getting one but certainly not Whelans face. 
  • Options
    I think it may be harsh, but imo not an unreasonable description of Whelan, when I've seen him in the last few years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Redrobo said:

Wish we had more rubbish players like Whelan, could have done with them in the past decade. Nine years in the Prem suggests he was a solid lower Prem player.

No idea idea if he’s good enough for us now, but we shouldn’t write a midfielder off just because he’s not known for being a creative or flair player.
  • Options
    What’s our full squad at the moment then?

Phillips 

page, Purrington (🤞), Sarr, Lockyer, Pearce, solly

JFC, Lapslie, Morgan, Pratley, 

taylor, bonne, Aneke 

Dick of steel 
    Oh yea of course! 
  • Options
    What happened to to the close signing today?
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    Couldn't quite get it over the line by any chance?
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    Couldn't quite get it over the line by any chance?
    Still time. 
  • Options
    Whelan was on 25k per week just three season ago at stoke, not sure he’ll go for the 4k a week we are currently offering.
    Whelan was ridiculous for Villa last season, why he wouldn't have offers from solid/ chasing promotion sides I don't know. Old but gold
  • Options
    All gone quiet on the Otzumer front?
    I think you need to keep quiet mate after the Purrington thread!
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    There wasn’t a close signing - there was confusion on Cawleys tweets but the signing that’s close is Purrington. Not another player on top
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The clue is in the name. It literally tweets every 15 minutes with the following:

”Club X are signing Player A from Club Y on an N year deal, according to sources”

Just throwing out random crap to see if eventually they’ll land one spot on so they can be funny and claim they were ITK all along.
  • Options
    The clue is in the name. It literally tweets every 15 minutes with the following:

”Club X are signing Player A from Club Y on an N year deal, according to sources”

Just throwing out random crap to see if eventually they’ll land one spot on so they can be funny and claim they were ITK all along.
    Yeah I realised how it works, the idea of Pratley getting a 3 year deal just made me laugh.

I think it's even less serious than that and whoever's running it isn't even trying to pretend to be ITK.
  • Options
    Dont think we'll be signing too many more permanents apart from Oztumer.  Then it will be loans only.......but don't think Cullen or Beliek will be back. Same goes for Williams as I'm sure he'll get a better offer elsewhere before the season starts. 
  • Options
    Much better position already though and thats before we bring in five loan players

Phillips
    Solly | Lockyer | Sarr | Purrington
    Loanee | Dijksteel | Forster-Caskey
    Aneke
    Bonne | Taylor

Bench: Loanee (GK) | Pearce | Page | Pratley | Lapslie | Loanee | Loanee

If we can sign Oztumer then we're a lot closer to the squad depth we had last season and that makes me a lot more comfortable than how I felt at the end of May - Yes I had faith in Bowyer and Gallen but definitely didnt expect them to make the permanent signings of Purrington | Aneke | Lockyer (Bonne is still untested), definitely didnt expect them to be of that level and we could of course still bring in Ben Amos and Jonny Williams on permanent deals too
  • Options
    Still like to see Lockyer in Bielik role and a pacy, youngish but big RCB.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    In an absolute ideal world, in my opinion, players for us to bring in would be something like:

Ben Amos

New CB (Possibly Bielik, allowing another midfielder)

Krystian Bielik (If not at centre back, then in defensive midfield)

Josh Cullen

Herbie Kane

Jonny Williams

Erhun Otzumer

Eddie Nketiah
    Id be delighted with those names

Even if it is just Bielik in both CB (fourth choice) and DCM (first choice) roles like last season
  • Options
    After the U21 matches, Bielik is a CH foremost.
  • Options
    Not sure we'll be seeing either Bielik or Cullen this year think both players will be sold by there respective clubs and for a lot more than we can afford
  • Options
    Not sure we'll be seeing either Bielik or Cullen this year think both players will be sold by there respective clubs and for a lot more than we can afford
    Both clubs would be stupid to sell this summer, neither Arsenal or West Ham are desperate for cash and 1 good season in League 1 wont make the clubs offer millions and millions.

Loan to a top Champ or lower prem team, then of they have another good season could sell for a lot more next season