Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Adam Matthews?
    Eros Pisano who was at Bristol City over the last couple of years? 
    • Rumours are rumours. We all hear them from different sources.
      Ive heard Gallen stayed behind after the Villa game discussing a loan? No idea who that would be.
      Ive heard Spurs are wanting us to take a player on loan depending on wages.
      Ive heard Arsenal have 2 players available to us still...but wages again is the issue.
      Ive heard a Fulham player has been offered to us until Jan.
      Ive heard a midfielder from Chelsea is deciding between us and Millwall amongst others.
      Ive heard we may be getting Leyton Orient right back
      Ive heard we are waiting for confirmation from player but loan agreed between us and Brighton. No idea who
      That is what i have heard in the last few weeks.
    This is my post from Aug 1st
    The Chelsea midfielder signed.
    The spurs player, that is out in the open now,hasnt signed. A maybe?
    Villa player and fulham player still no idea
    Brighton player signed.
    Arsenal players out of our reach?
    Orient right back i heard from their end not ours. So nothing further on this but it says to me Bowyer new AD was gone before August.
      Ive heard Gallen stayed behind after the Villa game discussing a loan? No idea who that would be.
      Ive heard Arsenal have 2 players available to us still...but wages again is the issue.
      Ive heard a midfielder from Chelsea is deciding between us and Millwall amongst others.
      Ive heard we are waiting for confirmation from player but loan agreed between us and Brighton. No idea who
    Brighton player signed.
    Orient right back i heard from their end not ours. So nothing further on this but it says to me Bowyer new AD was gone before August.
    Actually Parrot cannot be be a maybe to us now or any championship team. Shame
    Brighton player signed.
    Yeah think it's fair to say you got most wrong lol. 

To be honest I would imagine we were talking to a load of clubs who had various players available and the deals didn't go ahead for different reasons. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Connor Randall
    Not sure Randall fills me with confidence. Played one game for Rochdale between August and January. Apart from a season with Hearts he has hardly played. 
    Brighton player signed.

To be honest I would imagine we were talking to a load of clubs who had various players available and the deals didn't go ahead for different reasons. 
    More wrong than right defo lol

Brighton player signed.

More wrong than right defo lol

I think Bowyer was after a load of players and most were out of the price range. It wasn't until the sale of Dijksteel that he was even able to look at the likes of Kayal and Hemed, and even the contribution towards Field and Cullen's wages.
  • Well the Brighton rumour i laughed off at the time and thought no chance. 
    Just puzzled that if true we were asking about right backs end of July why we have not got one in. Either Bowyer is confident with what he has or something is lined up. 
  • Well the Brighton rumour i laughed off at the time and thought no chance. 
    Just puzzled that if true we were asking about right backs end of July why we have not got one in. Either Bowyer is confident with what he has or something is lined up. 
    Personally I think the Brighton player might have been a third one. I heard Kayal and Hemed only became possibilities on Wednesday. Of course could be wrong though. 

I also don't think Bowyer expected to sign all of Cullen, Kayal and Field. Maybe only planned two of them and was going to sign a RB on loan? But then saw the opportunity was too good to pass up and there are options still at RB. 
  • Richard J said:

Eros Pisano who was at Bristol City over the last couple of years? 
    Plays for Kasabian now :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey just looked and he is 36 now.....
  • If WBA (a promotion chasing side) gave him 2 short term contracts last season, he must still be at a reasonable level
  • Bowyer saying that the bid for Toney was to be funded (partially) by the AD money.

The plan was to play Toney up with Taylor all along.....hmmmmmm.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-explains-how-bid-for-posh-striker-ivan-toney-would-have-been-funded/
  • Bowyer saying that the bid for Toney was to be funded (partially) by the AD money.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-explains-how-bid-for-posh-striker-ivan-toney-would-have-been-funded/
    Optimistic that we could get Toney for the £2m or whatever he had to spend, as Posh are experienced sellers and tend to get a full price.

I wonder where the money went instead, loan fees for the 3 brought in on deadline day or wages for Hemed?

I’m pretty sure Bowyer intimated in his press conference Friday that if we had Toney then Taylor would have been sold 
  • edited August 2019
    Just been reminded of another worst performance I've seen candidate - Roger Johnson vs Reading in the 4-3 defeat
  • Bow should just concentrate on the fantastic job he is doing and not covering up for Roland being a tight bastard! 
  • Sponsored links:

Optimistic that we could get Toney for the £2m or whatever he had to spend, as Posh are experienced sellers and tend to get a full price.

I wonder where the money went instead, loan fees for the 3 brought in on deadline day or wages for Hemed?
    I doubt Bowyer would have gone in for Toney and not strengthened the midfield. I smell bullshit on that, was definitely a replacement for Taylor. 
  • Saw on Sky, Matt Taylor going to Oxford, do not understand how
  • edited August 2019
    I can't seem to find the article but I thought I read somewhere that we weren't the highest bidders. I think us, Boro and an unnamed championship club (who bid the highest) were the rejected deals. 

From what I read the highest offer was 4.5mill and that wasn't us. When I first heard Brentford bid for Taylor for roughly that amount and we then went in for Toney made me think it was a like for like, after reading the article I wasn't so sure. Cannot remember where I read it 
  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/top-professional-ivan-toney-won-t-let-missing-out-on-a-championship-move-affect-his-peterborough-united-form-1-9027878/amp

There it is, nothing concrete but it does suggest that we didn't bid 4 million so it ties in with what Bowyer said. Hard to read too much into these articles though, I am sure that Dmac guy said they bought Toney for over 1 million but then you'll read elsewhere it was 350k 
  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/top-professional-ivan-toney-won-t-let-missing-out-on-a-championship-move-affect-his-peterborough-united-form-1-9027878/amp

There it is, nothing concrete but it does suggest that we didn't bid 4 million so it ties in with what Bowyer said. Hard to read too much into these articles though, I am sure that Dmac guy said they bought Toney for over 1 million but then you'll read elsewhere it was 350k 
    I read somewhere that Posh paid £750k for Toney.

Might of course be there's probably a sell-on factor, which means Posh need to receive a bigger fee to make the big profit they would want.
  • Oggy Red said:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/top-professional-ivan-toney-won-t-let-missing-out-on-a-championship-move-affect-his-peterborough-united-form-1-9027878/amp

I read somewhere that Posh paid £750k for Toney.

Might of course be there's probably a sell-on factor, which means Posh need to receive a bigger fee to make the big profit they would want.
    Exactly but then I believe Dmac has tweeted someone before saying they paid well over a mill for Toney. Hard to believe what's true though.

In this instance I guess I'll just believe Bowyer, an article has said we were not the highest bidders, Bowyer has said the bid was with AD money, that ties together. I guess we will never know if Taylor was definitely going or not, not anytime soon anyway 
  • ross1 said:
    Saw on Sky, Matt Taylor going to Oxford, do not understand how
    Bristol City signed Afobe at the last minute

Had they done it earlier in the day then we may well have signed him ourselves, instead we went for Kayal and Hemed
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49321020

Huddersfield sign Frazier Campbell who was a free agent
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49321020

Huddersfield sign Frazier Campbell who was a free agent
    Very decent signing. Grant can learn from him.

Would have been a good signing for us, not that he would have even joined anyway.