Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I don't know, obviously money was a factor. We approached him last season and were very keen, but then offered a miserly contract.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Anfernee wants to play for Charlton in the Champ next season, just hope he gets a decent pay rise, he's earning peanuts atm.
    Thanks @Henry Irving. @Braziliance, I pass on what I hear, for example we made a contract offer to Josh Morris, it was 1500 a week less than Fleetwood offered. I said Bowyer liked and wanted to sign him, I didn't say he was signing for us.
    @Redhenry do you think Fleetwood outbid us on wages for Morris because they wanted him in the first team? Would Bowyer have seen Morris as a first team player or a squad player? Just wondering if you feel the 1500 a week less would be because he wouldn't be a guaranteed first team player with us maybe? Or maybe he wanted to stay up north? I'd be surprised if we can't compete with Fleetwood for wages so interested if you have any further insight.
    I’m not surprised we can’t compete with Fleetwood on wages. We have already been told by Bowyer that we have the lowest budget in the Championship. 
    I get that we have the lowest budget in The Championship but we still had a good budget last year in League One, surely higher than Fleetwood's last year. I know some teams in League One like Sunderland and Portsmouth will probably have bigger budgets than us which I get but I just wouldn't have bracketed Fleetwood a non-league team not too long ago amongst the big hitters in League One hence the question.
  • Options
    Fleetwood spent a bit of cash this window, outside bet for promotion
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Anfernee wants to play for Charlton in the Champ next season, just hope he gets a decent pay rise, he's earning peanuts atm.
    Thanks @Henry Irving. @Braziliance, I pass on what I hear, for example we made a contract offer to Josh Morris, it was 1500 a week less than Fleetwood offered. I said Bowyer liked and wanted to sign him, I didn't say he was signing for us.
    Rather than our low wage offer, do you think Morris was swayed to sign for Fleetwood because he’s from up that way and because he’s been on loan there before so knows the club @Redhenry
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Fleetwood spent a bit of cash this window, outside bet for promotion
    Have to wonder whats going on with the Joey Barton / Barnsley issue

Seems to have gone very quiet in that regard what with Fleetwood and Joey concentrating on the season ahead now
  • Options
    The CEO was the driver trying to get Barton away from the Police!
  • Options
    I get someone like Morris may not be loaded but assuming we offered £2.5k pw and Fleetwood £4k it still says something about him that he chose wages over higher level football and a bigger club imo.
  • Options
    I get someone like Morris may not be loaded but assuming we offered £2.5k pw and Fleetwood £4k it still says something about him that he chose wages over higher level football and a bigger club imo.
    Or maybe he chose to stay closer to home as he’s a family orientated person?
  • Options
    Would you work at a "bigger" company for £130,000/year when a smaller company is offering you £208,000/year and you know your career will be over in 4-7 years? I would not. That extra £78,000/year can make a huge day to day difference in lifestyle.
    Yes if it was in a part of the country I wanted to live in...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or maybe he chose to stay closer to home as he’s a family orientated person?
    To be fair, the bloke is also 28 in September, has spent his career in the lower leagues and, if the differential of £75,000 p.a. is accurate (or thereabouts), it’s hardly something he can turn his nose up, particularly given the cost of renting in the south east, not to mention any familial disruption.

Accepting a sub-market wage also benchmarks a player going forward in terms of future contract offers, so it’s hardly a one-off hit.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    No way Bielik is coming back. Way out of our league and he has told Arsenal to either play him or transfer him.
  • Options
    Transfers are always about more than money. Taylor signed for less money than Mackems offered because clauses in contract seemed out of order. I'd guess JW lost money signing for us than same team for comfort issues. Some players just want to play rather than gather splinters.  KAG I'd guess money was secondary to Prem games. He could earn more for Derby, Leeds, W Brom.
  • Options
    No way is Bielik coming back.
    if ac Milan are interested then there’s others bigger than us who will buy him.
    it could also be an agent ploy to make sure he’s in the Arsenal 1st team squad 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    No way is Bielik coming back.
    if ac Milan are interested then there’s others bigger than us who will buy him.
    it could also be an agent ploy to make sure he’s in the Arsenal 1st team squad 
    Well, that ain’t gonna happen, is it!?
  • Options
    Transfers are always about more than money. Taylor signed for less money than Mackems offered because clauses in contract seemed out of order. I'd guess JW lost money signing for us than same team for comfort issues. Some players just want to play rather than gather splinters.  KAG I'd guess money was secondary to Prem games. He could earn more for Derby, Leeds, W Brom.
    Elliot, Hamer and Poyet did not move for money?
  • Options
    A thing that often gets forgotten, if you own a house in say Yorkshire, that's worth £400k, the equivalent house with in a reasonable drive to our training ground is likely to set you back about £1 million.  Even if you rent yours out and rent your likely to be £1000s of pounds worse off a month.  It wouldn't supprise me if players signed for Northern clubs for less than we could offer.  Remember, on the whole, we aren't in for players that are set for life. 
  • Options
    Lennie Lawrence used to use this ploy to attract northern players.because of the price increase of property in the south 
  • Options
    He's a northern lad, never played for a club in the south, has already been at Fleetwood on loan twice, is 28 soon and his career is likely to go down rather than up. 

So even taking those non-monetary factors into account, it's probably enough to make him choose Fleetwood. But then to add in an extra 78k wages a year, it would make a huge difference to a lower league player.
  • Options
    Sorry if I’ve missed this one, but when I was speaking to one of my sons about who would you like to sign if you had to choose between Cullen and Bielik, he said there was a rumour doing the rounds Bielik is going to Inter Milan, no idea if this is true?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if I’ve missed this one, but when I was speaking to one of my sons about who would you like to sign if you had to choose between Cullen and Bielik, he said there was a rumour doing the rounds Bielik is going to Inter Milan, no idea if this is true?
    AC Milan, it was based on this:

Scoham said:

• Options
    edited July 2019

Don't worry, three of our more knowledgeable posters thought it was funny when I mentioned back at the end of the season on the "is Bielik staying" thread that this might happen...........
    I expect Arsenal will get offers in the £5M-£10M range for him, probably from abroad. Depends on whether or not they look to cash in. We will need to wait and see before we begin planning on keeping him as we could only possibly hope for another loan agreement.

his agent has been touting him around for a few months now and there is plenty of interest from other high profile clubs in Europe.

• Options

Don't worry, three of our more erstwhile posters thought it was funny when I mentioned back at the end of the season on the "is Bielik staying" thread that this might happen...........
    I expect Arsenal will get offers in the £5M-£10M range for him, probably from abroad. Depends on whether or not they look to cash in. We will need to wait and see before we begin planning on keeping him as we could only possibly hope for another loan agreement.

his agent has been touting him around for a few months now and there is plenty of interest from other high profile clubs in Europe.

You just don’t know what interest in genuine. As you said he’s being touted by his agent so a lot of it will be that. 

I dont doubt clubs are interested to be fair, I can’t see him back year, not with only a year on his contract. 
  • Options
    Millwall spending 1.2 million on a winger. How much we spent embarrassing even though millwall are a bigger club than us ☹️😬🤮
  • Options

Don't worry, three of our more erstwhile posters thought it was funny when I mentioned back at the end of the season on the "is Bielik staying" thread that this might happen...........

You just don’t know what interest in genuine. As you said he’s being touted by his agent so a lot of it will be that. 

I dont doubt clubs are interested to be fair, I can’t see him back year, not with only a year on his contract. 
    Bielik has a contract with Arsenal until 2021.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Rather than our low wage offer, do you think Morris was swayed to sign for Fleetwood because he’s from up that way and because he’s been on loan there before so knows the club @Redhenry

Not sure, I guess Fleetwood wanted him more.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The interest is genuine, low millions offers (via his agent) were made to Arsenal at the back end of last season. Arsenal want a little more for their asset, even though only a year is left on his contract.
  • Options
    Millwall spending 1.2 million on a winger. How much we spent embarrassing even though millwall are a bigger club than us ☹️😬🤮
    Millwall don't have a complete c*nt as an owner and are probably just reinvesting the 7-8m they got last season for George Saville.
  • Options
    Millwall don't have a complete c*nt as an owner and are probably just reinvesting the 7-8m they got last season for George Saville.
    In truth Millwall show how staying in this league for a season and good cup run alters the budget