Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 - the run ins...

Comments

• Options
    Left it too late. 

Think we'll be the favourites in the playoffs though. 
  • Options
    2nd is ours 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    What we need from the other teams, assuming we win all four remaining games:

Barnsley - eight points or less from four games
    Sunderland - ten points or less from five games
    Pompey - ten points or less from five games

Unfortunately our goal difference could end up being what costs us...
  • Options
    Still think it'll be Barnsley with that run in. 
  • Options

And Luton...?
  • Options

And Luton...?
    Lol three points from four if we're aiming for top spot still!
  • Options

Goals conceded ... wow
  • Options
    I think Pompey's next four games are tough. I think Barnsley should beat Shrewsbury, but their last three are tough. Sunderlands next three look tough then they have two away games, one possibly against a team fighting for their lives.

I can't see any of them getting 91 points. But in the interests of fairness, I think Oxford and Gills away will be tough for us. We need to win those for 91 points to be possible.
  • Options
    Like I said before yesterday, Barnsley will stumbled over the line, they’re too good at home and the teams they’ve got away aren’t anything special.  I really do fancy us to nick third though and take Donny in the semis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need the Sunderland / Pompey game to be a draw.
  • Options
    Quite remarkable that 5 sides could all get 90+ points.......and 3 of them not get promotion.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think Pompey's next four games are tough. I think Barnsley should beat Shrewsbury, but their last three are tough. Sunderlands next three look tough then they have two away games, one possibly against a team fighting for their lives.

I can't see any of them getting 91 points. But in the interests of fairness, I think Oxford and Gills away will be tough for us. We need to win those for 91 points to be possible.
    It will be educational this Good Friday at Oxford because Gobby Robinson will I imagine go with his preferred 4231 unless he has two good out and out strikers (didn't even have 1 at Cafc !) and as we found at the valley they were hard to break down.
    TBF to the Verbose  chubby Scouser, they look safe now so let's hope the players are "on the beach" and we can win to put the pressure on the 3 0'clock KO.

If we have a fit squad nothing will stop us but with Williams, Igor and the amazing no bollocks left Bielik being sponsored by Swarovski it's going to be tough.

I feel if we only draw at Oxford or lose then Bielik will be kept in cotton wool until the Play offs because he is a game changer with his twists and turns when on a charge.

So if we win at Oxford then we go on to finish on 91 points But if we draw then we free wheel the last 3 games and finish with 85.

4 wins or 3 draws and 1 win, that how important the Oxford game is. I hope we graduate and show a degree of patients before we take the honours.

• Options
    Barnsley will probably get 2nd but if we can win on Friday the pressure may start to tell. 
  • Options
    Really exciting....Come on you Reds!!!!

• Options
    Meanwhile Doncaster are just chilling back in 6th, ready to do us all over and win the play offs................
  • Options
    Meanwhile Doncaster are just chilling back in 6th, ready to do us all over and win the play offs................
    Yeah shouldnt be disregarded themselves just because they cant get top two

Although their last defeat was a 4-0 loss @ Luton
  • Options
    I think Sunderland and Barnsley swap places, the rest is as you are. 
  • Options
    Am I correct in thinking that 90 points is the highest point total for a team not to win automatic promotion? Sunderland in 98 and Sheffield United in 2012
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Am I correct in thinking that 90 points is the highest point total for a team not to win automatic promotion? Sunderland in 98 and Sheffield United in 2012
    Second / Third Points over the last ten years:

Blackburn: 96 - Shrewsbury: 87
    Bolton: 86 - Scunthorpe: 82
    Burton: 85 - Walsall: 84
    MK Dons: 91 - Preston: 89
    Brentford: 94 - Leyton Orient: 86
    AFC Bournemouth: 83 - Brentford: 79
    Sheffield Wednesday: 93 - Sheffield United: 90
    Southampton: 92 - Huddersfield: 87
    Leeds: 86 - Millwall: 85
    Peterborough: 89 - MK Dons: 87

But yeah; Sunderland in 1998 | Sheffield United in 2012 are the only two Football League teams I can see that havent been promoted after reaching 90-points

Both of course missing out on the Play-Offs so if 3rd | 4th | 5th all end up on 90+ points; put your money on Doncaster to go up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Win the 1pm game on Friday and we go ahead of Sunderland and Pompey and will be level on points with 2nd placed Barnsley. The pressure then ratchets up a bit more on all three of those teams when they play their games. Pompey and Sunderland have tough opposition on Friday and one or both could drop points. Monday at home could be the day we move into 2nd if results go our way. Just keeping winning Charlton.
  • Options
    Win the 1pm game on Friday and we go ahead of Sunderland and Pompey and will be level on points with 2nd placed Barnsley. The pressure then ratchets up a bit more on all three of those teams when they play their games. Pompey and Sunderland have tough opposition in Friday and one or both could drop points. Monday at home could be the day we move into 2nd if results go our way. Just keeping winning Charlton.
    Portsmouth then play their game on Easter Monday before Charlton do...
  • Options
    Win the 1pm game on Friday and we go ahead of Sunderland and Pompey and will be level on points with 2nd placed Barnsley. The pressure then ratchets up a bit more on all three of those teams when they play their games. Pompey and Sunderland have tough opposition in Friday and one or both could drop points. Monday at home could be the day we move into 2nd if results go our way. Just keeping winning Charlton.
    Portsmouth then play their game on Easter Monday before Charlton do...
    True, and it’s only against Coventry who could only manage to win by a one goal margin at  Sunderland yesterday...
  • Options
    I think Pompey are in good enough form that they'll finish above us, and Barnsley too with that run-in.

Hope I'm wrong!!
  • Options
    An important factor in our favour:

Lord Bowyer.

We get second, bugger the rest of them.

They can fight amongst themselves for the right to avoid a trip to Portaloo (Portman) Road next season.
  • Options
    I’ve got all 4 of us finishing on 91 points  :D
  • Options
    I’ve got all 4 of us finishing on 91 points  :D
    Which leaves us in 5th then unless we hand out a couple of 6-0 hammerings
  • Options
    I think the team that gets over 90 points goes up. The question is whether we can do it.