Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor on racism in football

124»

Comments

• Options
    what i find most ironic is that bradford is one of the most multicultural areas in the country
    So is London but it's still plagued with mouth breathing, thickoid, bigots.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    what i find most ironic is that bradford is one of the most multicultural areas in the country
    It has people from many cultures, but they don't mix in the same way they do in London.
  • Options
    Without being racial Bradford is quite often called bradistan not by me but I have heard it called that 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Racism is abhorrent and has no place in society,anywhere.Charlton for all their other faults have done as much as any organisation can to eliminate this .lets be fair who actually takes any notice of a players colour when he puts on the red shirt.
    I don’t know if you’re overly optimistic or just complacent. All too often players’ skin colour is routinely highlighted but only when that colour is non-white. Speakers are usually conscious not to use negative epithets but skin colour remains an issue and a major one. I sit in front of an old bloke who can’t see far enough beyond players’ ethnicity to distinguish Naby Sarr from Joe Aribo or Mark Marshall!  He has no such problem distinguishing Solly from Cullen or Bauer from Pearce or Purrington 
    if the reason isn’t deep seated racism then what is it? He avoids simplistic racist language because that would cause him trouble but he can’t avoid drawing the one simplistic distinction between players
    this bigotted dinosaur might be in a minority at The Valley but he isn’t alone.  Hopefully it won’t take a meteor impact to finally send his ilk extinct 
  • Options
    Hopefully this small minded idiot will get a lifetime ban from Valley Parade handed to him by Bradford City FC.
  • Options
    We at Charlton sadly have fans who are not beyond racist behaviour. Glass houses and all that.
    However as a club and fan base Charlton have been an initiator and in the vanguard in trying to tackle the infection of racism in football and elsewhere.
    I don't particularly believe Bradford are worse than most in having racist fans, the main issue for me is how it is dealt with there and everywhere.

• Options
    Bradford City are investigating racist messages sent to Charlton striker Lyle Taylor on Twitter following Saturday's League One game at The Valley.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47773292
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think in time we may see the end of anonymity on social media, people are waking up to the fact that people are using their anonymity to say things online that they would never do if they were out in the open.

Sure, there may be some whistle-blowing kind of stuff that needs to be protected but the best way is to force people to put their name on what they put into the public square.
    Even on football forums? People might think I’m not the real Jimmy Seed :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Credit to Bradford & their fans, they've not tried to cover it up and they are fully digging him out. What an absolute waste of air that bloke is!
  • Options
    See the picture of the bloke. Looks an absolute mess.
  • Options
    Nor (as mentioned on the Bradford City forum) is he white
  • Options
    Nor (as mentioned on the Bradford City forum) is he white
    Not sure his skin color is relevant?
  • Options
    How can we see a picture of him?
  • Options
    I read on Twitter that his name is Dean Pawson. A Facebook search for the first person that comes up with that name is a Bradford fan - so it is safe to assume it is him. If the name being given out on Twitter is correct that is
  • Options
    Actually he is pinkish tan 
  • Options
    This person ,like all others who abuse players,is a coward and a pathetic specimen ,like others of his ilk he hides behind crowds and obscure computer websites.Would they walk up to Taylor or Nabby and say the same things,no they would wet their nappies.I knowi it must be hard to hear this abuse,but the players should try to remember that the vast majority of fans,care not one jot what colour they are,only their ability with a football.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    How can we see a picture of him?
    Search Dean Pawson on twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has a bit of a tan, probably has family of Mediterranean origins. Either way no matter where he is from, he's a filthy racist scumbag.
  • Options
    So is London but it's still plagued with mouth breathing, thickoid, bigots.
    Seconded. Football, especially lower league football, is plagued with EDL and Britain First driven morons who try and invade the game with their neanderthal culture of 'football lads alliances' who like to try and start fights on Saturdays and spend the rest of the week blaming Muslims for everything that is wrong with their lives. Charlton have got quite a few of them too, we all know who they are.

• Options
    You would have to be a monumental idiot to take a banana to a sporting event nowadays regardless of whether your sole intention was to eat it, Lyle is spot on in everything he says. Can't believe it is still an issue in this day and age.
    Not at all. I carry a banana around with me most of the time. I’m diabetic and need the boost sometimes to prevent hypoing, I would rather eat a bite of a banana than chocolate or a sip of a bottle of coke. I have no other intention than eating the banana. Are you saying that I should stop that, purely because some uneducated low life’s have other intentions? So I’m a monumental idiot for trying to keep my blood sugar levels under control?
  • Options
    You would have to be a monumental idiot to take a banana to a sporting event nowadays regardless of whether your sole intention was to eat it, Lyle is spot on in everything he says. Can't believe it is still an issue in this day and age.
    Not at all. I carry a banana around with me most of the time. I’m diabetic and need the boost sometimes to prevent hypoing, I would rather eat a bite of a banana than chocolate or a sip of a bottle of coke. I have no other intention than eating the banana. Are you saying that I should stop that, purely because some uneducated low life’s have other intentions? So I’m a monumental idiot for trying to keep my blood sugar levels under control?

I have to carry something with me for exactly the same reason.

We went to Greenwich on Sunday and for the first time in months I felt one coming on. Typically, it happened on the day I didn't have anything on me. Started feeling it in the middle of the park and just about made it to the indoor market and got a coke in the Coach & Horses. My wife went to the bar as I wasn't quite with it and it was a bit like the scene in Love Actually with Rowan Atkinson when he's wrapping the present.

"Do you want bottled or tap, ice, lemon, tall glass etc".

My wife got a bit impatient and said "I don't care , just need it quickly as he's diabetic"

The girl replied "oh, you want diet coke then"!

• Options
    I’ve been caught out when I’ve left my supplies in my car, felt one coming on so bought chocolate from a news agent. I was weak and couldn’t open it so asked the guy to do it and explained why. He gave me a look to say why is a diabetic eating chocolate and then tried to sell me a 39p energy drink
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sad to hear Renee Hector leaving Charlton after that racist abuse by Sophie Jones and the subsequent social media pile on. 
    Glad she had some nice words for the club, but ridiculous its still an issue in the 21st century. "Charlton is a great club and I thank them all for their support and understanding,"
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50576628