Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Match Thread | Saturday 16th March 2019

Comments

• Options
    Has the feel of a Fleetwood game where we can play all week yet there will be no goals!!

As Leuth says; the shape is good but there is zero creativity meaning that Taylor and Vetokele are pretty isolated up top

Going to be an interesting second half as you could say that Bristol Rovers have been hindered by playing into the wind (which we'll now do) yet our back three of Bauer | Bielik | Pearce have been beyond solid today - Not felt worried about a Rovers attack against those three once all game, the problem being Pratley though; if he was an opponent I'd be livid that he isnt on a booking - If Aribo is anyway fit he needs to replace him and so drive us forward a bit with the ball, otherwise its just the neat passing from the Addicks that we've seen against us at the Valley so often that usually results in a Charlton win
    I thought we had been playing into the wind?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Posh losing 1-0
    Coventry's form bothers me.
    Can see them making a late run into the play-offs with momentum on their side.
    Think they might have our number

Didn't Burton Albion beat them at home only a week or so ago?  I’m not worried about Coventry.
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half... 45 minutes to go...COME ON YOU ADDICKKSS! #cafc
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    At the point that screenshot was taken, Cullen is onside.
    There's a defender with his foot on the 6 yard line, in line with Cullen.

We don't know if that was at the actual moment the ball was played, though.

Is the whole of Cullen being played onside by that Defender; I wouldnt say so going by the image
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Posh losing 1-0
    As it stands, Coventry will have to make up 12 points in 8 matches to overtake us .... we have to collapse completely and they'll have to win every game.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    Posh losing 1-0
    As it stands, Coventry will have to make up 12 points in 8 matches to overtake us .... we have to collapse completely and they'll have to win every game.

He means if we play them in the playoffs
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Inconclusive. The angle of the pic (from behind) does not confirm your assertions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    Posh losing 1-0

He means if we play them in the playoffs
    Ah, yeah .... just read it again.

• Options
    Posh now losing to Coventry 2-0
  • Options
    46' The second half is underway... #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coventry now 2 up.
  • Options
    47' Taylor wins a free-kick along the left-hand side of the box. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    47' Cullen's delivery flicks off a Bristol Rovers head and over for a corner. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    48' The delivery is a good one, but there is no one on hand to get the vital touch. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Is the whole of Cullen being played onside by that Defender; I wouldnt say so going by the image
    It's judged by where his feet are positioned. 

The 6 yard line makes it easy to define in this case. Cullen is in line with the defender, so not offside at the moment of the screenshot.

The key point is at the moment the ball is played, though.

• Options
    Been raining hard in Cardiff for the rugby for a while, must be due to hit Bristol soon
  • Options
    Posted at49'

Foul by Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at49'

Jonson Clarke-Harris (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    Posted at50'

Attempt missed. Abu Ogogo (Bristol Rovers) right footed shot from outside the box is too high.

• Options
    Gills level with Luton, guess who scored?
  • Options

51' | JCH looks to fire a pass into the path of Tom Nichols with a first-time ball - but Bauer steps across to make the interception. #BRFC 0-0 #CAFC

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like we are on top!
  • Options
    Enough chat about the disallowed goal. Can we just get back to the World weather.
  • Options
    53'

Anfernee Dijksteel (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at53'

Foul by Liam Sercombe (Bristol Rovers).

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Gills level with Luton, guess who scored?
    I thought you were suggesting Hanlan .... but of course, it wasn't. 
  • Options
    Posted at54'

Foul by Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at54'

Tom Lockyer (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    55' The referee has a given a drop-ball for absolutely no reason here. Bizarre. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Here come the Addicks for the second half... 55 minutes to go...COME ON YOU ADDICKKSS! #cafc

• Options
    Gills have tied it up with Luton 1-1
  • Options
    Posted at55'

Jonson Clarke-Harris (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at55'

Foul by Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic).

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!