Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hackett-Fairchild joins Bromley on loan

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Is it just me that thinks Recco is pants & Pompey fans will be more than a bit miffed at this signing. Hardly going to get them out of League 1.
    Reeeeco was played as a striker at Charlton.

But he's scored 8 goals plus a number of assists already this season, having been played in the '10 role' behind the strikers.

No doubt it's this role that has caught Pompey's attention?
    For Bromley though... 

Bit disappointed as it was clear he had something but also lacked awareness and sharpness.

All the best to him, but think L2 will be his next move.
    Pigott went from Maidstone to Wimbledon scoring 18-goals last season
    And 3 league goals this season. The same as sarr
    Still their second top scorer so makes you question if other aspects of the team arent working

If no one is there to create chances for him how does he score them?
  • Options
    If you feed the Pig...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If you feed the Pig...
    He'll do a big stinky shit?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Is it just me that thinks Recco is pants & Pompey fans will be more than a bit miffed at this signing. Hardly going to get them out of League 1.
    Reeeeco was played as a striker at Charlton.

But he's scored 8 goals plus a number of assists already this season, having been played in the '10 role' behind the strikers.

No doubt it's this role that has caught Pompey's attention?
    For Bromley though... 

Bit disappointed as it was clear he had something but also lacked awareness and sharpness.

All the best to him, but think L2 will be his next move.
    Pigott went from Maidstone to Wimbledon scoring 18-goals last season
    And 3 league goals this season. The same as sarr
    Still their second top scorer so makes you question if other aspects of the team arent working

If no one is there to create chances for him how does he score them?
    Forss has come in and been the main goal scorer, maybe Joe's role in the team has changed. He's been Captain in recent weeks, which doesn't suggest he's doing a bad job
  • Options
    Surprised Portsmouth didnt buy him and loan him back for the rest of the season if they wasn't gonna play him

Other than the EFL trophy he has not even been on the bench once since his move
  • Options
    Just noticed that Bromley have only got 1 point since he left and have really dropped down the table, so the move realy seems to have damaged them.
  • Options
    Lost Alfie as well
  • Options
    Surprised we've not sent Bromley; Josh Davison on loan

Especially with all our Strikers back in the team now
  • Options
    Pompey turned down a loan request for RHF from Bolton at the weekend.

Today Recco joined Bromley on loan.

Bolton or Bromley, no choice really.

Might have to pop down to Hayes Lane when they let fans back in.

• Options
    Pompey turned down a loan request for RHF from Bolton at the weekend.

Today Recco joined Bromley on loan.

Bolton or Bromley, no choice really.

Might have to pop down to Hayes Lane when they let fans back in.

Back to his natural level I think.  Had a bet with a Pompey mate when they signed him he would never get 5 goals for them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

League Two strugglers Southend United have signed Portsmouth forward Reeco Hackett-Fairchild on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old spent the first half of the campaign with National League side Bromley, scoring twice in 11 league outings for the Ravens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55576006

• Options
    I see Hackett-Fairchild has played a part in every Portsmouth league game so far this season, starting three times and coming off the bench twice. He has been playing in the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 and as a right winger in a 4-3-3. 
    Nailed on to finally score a League goal ...... it'll be against us, of course.   :#
  • Options

Reeeeco!  Very decent free kick from Henry-Lovechild.

Why don't we ever remotely look like scoring from direct free kicks these days?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Reeeeco!  Very decent free kick from Henry-Lovechild.

Why don't we ever remotely look like scoring from direct free kicks these days?

Because we are hardly ever around the oppositions penalty box to win them?
  • Options
    What a goal and what a player.

Did his defensive job well too neutralising Ramsey.
  • Options
    I find it amazing that League 1 forwards keep scoring these worldies against us!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I find it amazing that League 1 forwards keep scoring these worldies against us!
    It was ok, not a worldy...imo, looked like a slight deflection off of Jones, Fred's was just as good, if not better...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    What a goal and what a player.

Did his defensive job well too neutralising Ramsey.
    Don't feed the troll  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very respectful in playing down his goal scoring celebration too. Remember very well that under 23 team of Grant, Hanlan, Doughty, Morgan and Reeco.
  • Options
    He was their standout player yesterday. Better LB than Edun (or Thomas) and good going forward. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It was ok, not a worldy...imo, looked like a slight deflection off of Jones, Fred's was just as good, if not better...🤷‍♂️
    The point I was trying to make, was that some of the finishes against us this season, are career one offs for a lot of these players at this level...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The point I was trying to make, was that some of the finishes against us this season, are career one offs for a lot of these players at this level...
    Fair do's...✅