Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hackett-Fairchild joins Bromley on loan

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Good for him, wonder what improvements he’s made to his game whilst at Bromley. Anyone watched him enough times to notice areas of development?
    Bit like Pigott perhaps

Had the talent but needed to go somewhere to score goals and so restore his confidence, plus show him the other side of the game where he wouldnt be far away from becoming a journeyman Non-League player where it becomes little more than a hobby
    Pigott is a good example for youngsters that get released, think he’s in his third straight season at L1 level after dropping down the leagues post-getting released by Charlton. 
    Having a poor year this season (Wimbledon's form isnt helping) but 18-goals last term is damned impressive

No wonder he was linked to the Championship in the summer
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Good for him, wonder what improvements he’s made to his game whilst at Bromley. Anyone watched him enough times to notice areas of development?
    He's getting more games at Bromley so can build up an understanding with the team rather than getting a couple of minutes here and there or a cup game at Charlton.
  • Options
    Bromley have been playing him behind the strikers as a No. 10 which was his preferred role.

Charlton played him uptop.

No coincidence that Bromley's form has dipped while he's been injured (and since Alfie was recalled.)

Good luck to him.

Maybe under a different regime and with a bigger budget we could have kept him on but I think he needed to leave to play first team games on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Brandan Hanlan, looked good yesterday playing for Gillingham against West Ham
  • Options
    Quite surprised really, as it's not as if he's been in non league for a few seasons doing the business. 6 months playing for Bromley, and he's back in L1 where he looked out of his depth for us.

Bonne was effectively his replacement, and he had 2 full seasons playing and scoring in the NL before we signed him
  • Options
    Went to see my local team - Herne Bay on Wednesday the first.  Herne Bay won 3-0 against local rivals Whitstable (loved the song that had the line "You can stick your f*****g oysters up your arse"!).  Anyway they are doing really well this season - in part owing to the signing of one Zak Ansah @Henry Irving .  He has a really classy touch and is way too good for the team.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Went to see my local team - Herne Bay on Wednesday the first.  Herne Bay won 3-0 against local rivals Whitstable (loved the song that had the line "You can stick your f*****g oysters up your arse"!).  Anyway they are doing really well this season - in part owing to the signing of one Zak Ansah @Henry Irving .  He has a really classy touch and is way too good for the team.
    Also playing for SE Dons

Way below his level but told he's enjoying playing.

Injuries did for him.
  • Options
    There was a decent spell at youth level where Hanlan, Umerah and Grant were all around the same general standard.
    Interesting to see their gold, silver and bronze progression. 
    Pigott has achieved a silver now and I think Fairchild will do that too in time.
  • Options
    Good call by Henry on Reeco.

In the brutal and Physical world of being a striker in League 1, Hacket-Fairchild came up short but he had potential and in a different era he could have spent longer at Bromley on loan and then a decision could be made. If League 1 clubs are now looking at him then his improvement and that potential is beginning to be realized.
    Lyle Taylor said he had a future in the game but it was hard to tell how far he could go because you need opportunities and you need to have nous to survive.

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    I'd have thought the Herne Bay fans would be singing "You dirty western b******s"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sell on fee?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sell on fee?
    Possibly but we released him so doubt it.
  • Options
    Time for @admin to update the title
  • Options
    Generous statement from Bromley and Smith but also clever bit of advertising to potential players and club's looking to loan out players.

"Come to us and we'll improve you"
  • Options
    Generous statement from Bromley and Smith but also clever bit of advertising to potential players and club's looking to loan out players.

If this window goes as we hope they might get a few more of hours in February. Win win. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If this window goes as we hope they might get a few more of hours in February. Win win. 
    They want Davison but not likely at present.
  • Options
    Grammar police do your worst but another good statement.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bromley are the perfect place to send our fringe players at the moment, local, NL so we can always recall them, and the standard at the top of the NL won't be much different than lower L2 anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bromley Football Club can today announce that Reeco Hackett-Fairchild has joined Sky Bet League One side Portsmouth for an undisclosed Club record fee.

The fee from Portsmouth triggered an automatic release clause included in Reeco’s contract following his signing from Charlton in July 2019.

Despite losing a prized asset, the Club are extremely proud to add Reeco to the number of players who have represented the Club with such professionalism, developing under the guidance of the Club and Neil Smith. Whether it be players on loan, or our own, Reeco joins a number of players such as Louis Dennis, Luke Woolfenden, Brandon Hanlan, Rarmani Edmonds-Green and Alfie Doughty, who have all gone on to play in the Football League following spells with the Ravens. This further enhances the reputation of the Club in the professional footballing world, which is something we take great pride in.

The Club and first team management are fully aware that this leaves a hole in the squad, but as always, the Board of Directors will support Neil in his efforts to bolster the squad and remain on track for achieving the aims set out at the start of the season.

Manager Neil Smith was keen to thank Hackett-Fairchild for his efforts; “I’d like to sincerely thank Reeco. When he came in on loan from Charlton last year, he really helped the cause during a difficult time. Signing him permanently in the Summer was a major coup, as I know plenty of other Clubs were after him then too.”

He was also quick to acknowledge the impact the 21 year old had in the Ravens’ blistering start to the season; “He started the season like a house on fire and gave us the start we really needed as a team. He’s done so well that he’s attracted the attention of Portsmouth, and for him to sign for them is a massive achievement for not only him, but the Club too.”

“It shows we’re doing something right. We’ve done it before this too, even with loan players who’ve come in from Championship Clubs and then gone back and straight into their first teams. We’re disappointed to lose him but also very pleased for the young man.”

Everyone at Bromley Football Club would like to thank Reeco for his efforts with us, and wish him the best of luck in his exciting new chapter.

Heart warming to see a father's pride ;)
  • Options
    Is it just me that thinks Recco is pants & Pompey fans will be more than a bit miffed at this signing. Hardly going to get them out of League 1.
    cover for the cover players unless Pompey's strikers are in demand and will soon be leaving .. 
  • Options
    Is it just me that thinks Recco is pants & Pompey fans will be more than a bit miffed at this signing. Hardly going to get them out of League 1.
    He's still only 21 and i doubt he cost much so not much of a gamble for them.

Also doubt he's been bought for their first team straight away, maybe a scout has seen potential and thinks he's one for next season?
  • Options
    Reeeeco was played as a striker at Charlton.

But he's scored 8 goals plus a number of assists already this season, having been played in the '10 role' behind the strikers.

No doubt it's this role that has caught Pompey's attention?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

But he's scored 8 goals plus a number of assists already this season, having been played in the '10 role' behind the strikers.

For Bromley though... 

Bit disappointed as it was clear he had something but also lacked awareness and sharpness.

All the best to him, but think L2 will be his next move.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

For Bromley though... 

Bit disappointed as it was clear he had something but also lacked awareness and sharpness.

Pigott went from Maidstone to Wimbledon scoring 18-goals last season
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

For Bromley though... 

He worked down the levels first didn't he? Several loans across lower leagues etc.

Not straight from us to non-league back to League 1. In fact fairly sure he spent some time in League 2 first.

*Still a better option than Parzyszek
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

For Bromley though... 

Maybe, Dazzler ..... but that's not the point.

This season Reeeeeeco has been given a new role, a new position - and he's excelled.

The Bromley manager even credited him with being one of the main reasons behind Bromley being promotion prospects this season.

He's impressed Pompey so much that they have paid 100k for him.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

For Bromley though... 

And 3 league goals this season. The same as sarr