Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    I hope he does sign for us again. I enjoy watching him play and develop. Another season or two and he can move to a club on a top salary and play.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think he’s going end of season regardless.  So I hope he don’t sign a contract so the rat doesn’t get any money.  
    RD will get money as Aribo’s young enough for us to get compensation despite being out of contract.
    Needs to offer a contract at least as good as he is on now so nothings certain with RD.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think he’s going end of season regardless.  So I hope he don’t sign a contract so the rat doesn’t get any money.  
    RD will get money as Aribo’s young enough for us to get compensation despite being out of contract.
    Needs to offer a contract at least as good as he is on now so nothings certain with RD.
    True though I’m assuming they’ll do that, even if it’s just offering him the same deal to ensure we get the compensation, knowing he wouldn’t accept it. We managed that with Poyet after all.
  • Options
    Off to the Bundasliga then we'll get nothing for his development... 
  • Options
    T said:
    Off to the Bundasliga then Roland will get nothing for his development... 
    Can only hope...
  • Options
    The EFL Team of the Week has landed, and it's !

Was there ever any doubt that @J_Aribo19 would make it into @EFL's team of the week? #cafc
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The EFL Team of the Week has landed, and it's !

Was there ever any doubt that @J_Aribo19 would make it into @EFL's team of the week? #cafc

Considering they could be our new owners (In Roland's world) i'm surprised they've not picked the whole Charlton team!
  • Options
    Therein lies the problem with Football

What the fuck is it to do with the Agent!!... You represent your player, nothing more!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What the fuck is it to do with the Agent!!... You represent your player, nothing more!!
    His agent won't encourage him to sign if other clubs are interested - it's unlikely we'll make a decent offer.
  • Options
    Same agent as Maja and Sunderland couldnt agree a deal with him
  • Options
    Let's see if RD actually offers him more than he's already on shall we. 
  • Options
    Let's see if RD actually offers him more than he's already on shall we. 

Can't see Roly doing that. If a top club comes in for him his agent will ensure he signs (after all that's how said agent makes his money). RD will cash in on him if he can. If Joe is still here next August I will be mightily surprised, pleased but surprised.
  • Options
    Watching a young player develop after promotion to the first team is one of the greatest pleasures i have as a supporter.

From the first game i saw him it was clear 'the boy had something about him'. (although i couldn't say he would be this good)

In his early days he could fade out of games- like many youngsters, that seems to be eradicated.

Yep, sadly he will be gone in the summer surely.       
  • Options

I'd go further to say its totally up to the player. period. An agent should be there to get the best deal from his current/new club (if there is a new club), not to go hawking the players around like they did with Sala.
  • Options

I'd go further to say its totally up to the player. period. An agent should be there to get the best deal from his current/new club (if there is a new club), not to go hawking the players around like they did with Sala.
    Exactly my point; seems instead that a lot of players will go where the Agent gets given the best deal almost
  • Options
    clive said:
    More research needed from the Scout

Sorry I dont see him as an Academy Product as he'd already played Senior Football with Staines Town
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think like all industries there will be good and bad agents.  Ultimately though, once a player is old enough to sign a pro contract they are old enough to make their own decisions on where to play their football.  If they are dictated to by their agents they are pretty weak characters.  

An agents job is surely to get the best deal for your client so that they have choice, then leave it to them.  

As said on another thread this typically also allows the player to publicly say how much they wish to stay/sign whilst passing the flak to the agent.

if Aribo goes in the summer it will have been his choice and an understandable one too.
  • Options
    Same agent as Maja and Sunderland couldnt agree a deal with him
    Maja and Aribo are two different people. Yes agents have way more power then you should, but the player obviously still holds the upper hand and has the final say. 

That being said, Aribo would be mental to stay if we are in League one. A decent contract if we were in the Champ however would be a wise career move IMO. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He is keen to stay but his agent is employed to get him the best deal possible.  He has been watched by West Ham and Tottenham as a minimum but has the same agent as Sancho and Lookman (hence the Germany links previously arose)

If your options were "You can stay at Charlton and earn maybe 6k a week OR you could go to the Premier League, fight for a place but be surrounded by superb players every single day and give yourself financial security for the rest of your life on a minimum£20k a week"

What would you do?  Would you back yourself? would you stick with £250k - £300k a year or go for a minimum £1m a year bearing in mind a couple of years ago you were probably on a couple of hundred pounds a week.
    Would you stick at a club who appear to be in turmoil behind the scenes or would you go and be pampered in the top flight.

We need to get promoted to even stand a chance of him sticking around - but even then it is unlikely

*Figures are guesswork but in the right ballpark
    You’d ask Golfie , I’m sure he’d give some sound advice 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He is keen to stay but his agent is employed to get him the best deal possible.  He has been watched by West Ham and Tottenham as a minimum but has the same agent as Sancho and Lookman (hence the Germany links previously arose)

If your options were "You can stay at Charlton and earn maybe 6k a week OR you could go to the Premier League, fight for a place but be surrounded by superb players every single day and give yourself financial security for the rest of your life on a minimum£20k a week"

What would you do?  Would you back yourself? would you stick with £250k - £300k a year or go for a minimum £1m a year bearing in mind a couple of years ago you were probably on a couple of hundred pounds a week.
    Would you stick at a club who appear to be in turmoil behind the scenes or would you go and be pampered in the top flight.

We need to get promoted to even stand a chance of him sticking around - but even then it is unlikely

I like Aribo but there's no way he's a Premier League player at the moment. 
  • Options
    The only chance of him staying is to continue working/improving with our management/coaching team,he's not gonna sign without knowing if Bowyer/JJ etc are going to be here next season and dont look like RD is in any rush to keep them
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I only see him sporadically but imho other than running out of puff in the last 20 minutes he's got all the attributes for the premier league (reasonable pace, decent tackler, skillful, intelligent link up and a goal scorer).
  • Options
    I like Aribo, you can tell he's got a lot of quality, but he's not the finished article. Going to sit in the reserves somewhere would do his developnent no good, but could set him up financially for life. If we go up he might re-sign, but i reckon there would have to be a release clause in the contract (a couple of million maybe?) to make him sign.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I like Aribo, you can tell he's got a lot of quality, but he's not the finished article. Going to sit in the reserves somewhere would do his developnent no good, but could set him up financially for life. If we go up he might re-sign, but i reckon there would have to be a release clause in the contract (a couple of million maybe?) to make him sign.
    He's 22 so not going to be the finished article

But young, english midfielders are not common and are sought after.  Surround him with great players and he might well flourish

I don't want him to go as I really rate him but as it stands his agent is not keen for him to rush into signing

That's the same agent that took a payment from Man City for 14 year old Jadon Sancho....so maybe that tells you all you need to know about the ethics of this particular intermediary
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I only see him sporadically but imho other than running out of puff in the last 20 minutes he's got all the attributes for the premier league (reasonable pace, decent tackler, skillful, intelligent link up and a goal scorer).
    YTS1978 said:
    Quite inconsistent as well I think. When he's on his game, he's a very good player for League One though - e.g. Pompey at home. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    If we went up, I could see it might be in his interests to stay, signing a contract with a release clause. As people have said, if he makes the Premiership jump too early, he could end up bench warming and missing out on his development. I couldn't advise him to stay with us in League One, but with us in the Championship, he will be in a comfortable environment, where he can focus on improving his game knowing that he will be the first name on the team sheet.