Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo

Comments

• I've just consulted my Tarot cards (ITK) and apparently he's either staying or leaving.
  • It’s all in the Air with Bo, Airbo 
  • barstool said:
    It’s all in the Air with Bo, Airbo 
    Phil Collins,eat ya heart out...🙃
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had a text from a mate (not itk) saying he’s heard a rumour that Aribo is staying 
    Aribo cancelled his black cab to Glasgow?

I heard the same today 
    Anything to do with a better contract offer from a potential new owner?
  • Uber then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Aribo to Rangers sounds done and dusted to me, I'll genuinely be over the moon if we manage to keep him though
  • IF he stays, that is absolutely huge for our season.

He’d be one of the best players in the division next year IMO.
    Well, I don't see Roland being responsible for this, if true. He may have bent for Bowyer, but for a player most fans actually expected to leave? Unlikely. I wonder if a potential new owner let Aribo know he would pay something closer to the £20k per week Rangers offered?
  • IF he stays, that is absolutely huge for our season.

He’d be one of the best players in the division next year IMO.
    Not sure you can categorically state that at this moment in time Calum......but yes, he certainly has the ‘potential’ to be.
  • Back in the real world, would the best compromise for Cafc fans be if Joe was signed by a top half premier team but was allowed to have a full season in the Championship at Charlton. That way Joe can be earning say 20k a week made up with 15k from parent club and 5k from Cafc.

If I was a CEO at Cafc(shame they don't have one) that would be my best option available considering our lack of funds.
  • Back in the real world, would the best compromise for Cafc fans be if Joe was signed by a top half premier team but was allowed to have a full season in the Championship at Charlton. That way Joe can be earning say 20k a week made up with 15k from parent club and 5k from Cafc.

If I was a CEO at Cafc(shame they don't have one) that would be my best option available considering our lack of funds.
    Hypothetically, that would be better than losing him completely, but those sorts of deals seem to be spoken about a lot but don’t seem to happen that much in reality. 

I’m not sure there’s a real life compromise that will happen. I don’t want him to go at all, but I still think he will. 
  • se9addick said:
    Back in the real world, would the best compromise for Cafc fans be if Joe was signed by a top half premier team but was allowed to have a full season in the Championship at Charlton. That way Joe can be earning say 20k a week made up with 15k from parent club and 5k from Cafc.

Hypothetically, that would be better than losing him completely, but those sorts of deals seem to be spoken about a lot but don’t seem to happen that much in reality. 

I’m not sure there’s a real life compromise that will happen. I don’t want him to go at all, but I still think he will. 
    Really, I thought Chelsea had been doing this for the last ten years when they buy players, I appreciate not always at the club there being bought from but now as we a championship club, surely that would be best for the Premier club to loan him back where he is settled and if fit will be picked every week ?
  • I really really hope Joe stays as I think he is a brilliant prospect and gives us potentially that little something different. But I hope this ongoing “will he won’t he” saga doesn’t somehow transform him into the messiah in some people’s minds. In the event that he stays he will only be a part of the jigsaw and we are still about ten pieces short. And as was said a few posts ago, he’s good, but he’s not that good yet. 

As as for the rangers option, I went to university in Glasgow for four years in the eighties having been brought upon a few miles to the south in the countryside. Glasgow has moved on enormously in the time since I left to move south. All banter aside, It is a great city with great people who take their football seriously (sometimes still for the wrong reasons). Weather aside, with money to burn it is a great place to live and fifteen minutes from Ibrox he can live in millionaires’ row (in the city or outside if he prefers). All of that said, I can’t see that Glasgow would be for Joe at this point in his life if the option to stay here made comparative financial sense. Whether we can make it so remains to be seen. Football wise it’s a no brainier. A successful year in the championship and the world is his lobster. 
  • Sponsored links:

• With all the speculation about new owners and transfers the one thing I’m almost certain about is that Aribo is going . His agent is trying to get him the best deal and It’s just a matter of who he goes to not if .

The problem is that as he is out of contract, any teams wishing to sign him don't need to agree a deal with us. If a prem team wanted him, why would they choose to loan him back to us and not one of the many teams who can offer more than us as a contribution to his wages? He'll be loaned to the highest bidder.

The problem is that as he is out of contract, any teams wishing to sign him don't need to agree a deal with us. If a prem team wanted him, why would they choose to loan him back to us and not one of the many teams who can offer more than us as a contribution to his wages? He'll be loaned to the highest bidder.
    Agreed on all of that, But the fact that Joe can play every week if fit and form hasn't gone to pot and can carry on living in his same house/flat while being surrounded by family and friends should come into the equation when a parent club decide a player would be best off playing their football.

Maybe just clutching at straws but a players metal health and well being should be a prerequisite in 2019, the case of Diego Poyet totally losing his way and many other examples including John Bostock's bizarre career since getting a big move to Spurs and resulting loan moves should tell clubs that some players benefit more by staying at the club where their settled before joining the big boys.
  • With all the speculation about new owners and transfers the one thing I’m almost certain about is that Aribo is going . His agent is trying to get him the best deal and It’s just a matter of who he goes to not if .
        For who's benefit is the agent working for though ?  I bet he wouldnt be advising a move to Scotland if he wasn't getting paid for it. 

As for Joe being able to live in "millionaires row" or outside of town as it "rather nice". So is living in New Zealand or Canada but I doubt whether the level of football matches up either.
        For who's benefit is the agent working for though ?  I bet he wouldnt be advising a move to Scotland if he wasn't getting paid for it. 

As for Joe being able to live in "millionaires row" or outside of town as it "rather nice". So is living in New Zealand or Canada but I doubt whether the level of football matches up either.
    Himself.  I’ve always thought that agents have a conflict of interests . Their job should be to get the best for their player ( club , manager , area , future prospects  etc..)  but the real goal is to make the most money for themselves. After all they are a business.
  • Bowyer said on TalkSPORT that Prem clubs, Rangers and clubs in France and Germany are interested in Aribo. Hoping to keep him but other clubs can offer a lot more than we can.

Agreed on all of that, But the fact that Joe can play every week if fit and form hasn't gone to pot and can carry on living in his same house/flat while being surrounded by family and friends should come into the equation when a parent club decide a player would be best off playing their football.

Maybe just clutching at straws but a players metal health and well being should be a prerequisite in 2019, the case of Diego Poyet totally losing his way and many other examples including John Bostock's bizarre career since getting a big move to youSpurs and resulting loan moves should tell clubs that some players benefit more by staying at the club where their settled before joining the big boys.
    So you're saying Joe should have stayed at Staines?

Players go where they feel is best for them, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

We biased and try to convince ourselves that Charlton is always the right choice.

But when the boot is on the other foot we never say "Taylor should have stayed at Wimbledon" or "Bonne should  have stayed at Orient."

When a player joins us it's always to improve his career and his mental health, family or living arrangements aren't considered. He can live in Chislehurst, Charlton is a great, stable club with a long term plan so just get out there and do your job.

But when he leaves he's a greedy snake who'll get splinters, ruin his career and wasn't very good anyway and can easily be replaced.
    My point started with Joe being bought by a Premier club and loaned back to Cafc to advance his education under his mentor Bowyer, any issues with that idea Henry ?

Of course I'm bias but being the main advocate of not slagging off players when they return with their new clubs ( Ricky Holmes's booing was crass) any issues with that Henry ?

Of course good players move on I have seen it happen 128 times at the last count and if Joe Aribo is the 129 time good luck to him because of course I know there's a food chain. My main hope is he stays one more season unlikely as that is even as a loaned player from a Premier side.

If it's Glasgow Rangers then no chance of loan back beside the standard is so low in Scotland that Rooney left Aberdeen to join Salford when in the national League.
  •  Glasgow has moved on enormously in the time since I left to move south. All banter aside, It is a great city with great people who take their football seriously (sometimes still for the wrong reasons). Weather aside, with money to burn it is a great place to live and fifteen minutes from Ibrox he can live in millionaires’ row (in the city or outside if he prefers). 
    Weegie, you live in Glasgow, probably in "millionaires row'.

What's it really like?