Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    The key to Millwalls survival is Berylson, just like every other season. He has the club running well and knows when to spend just enough when it’s needed. It’s a tough job trying to squeeze out every ounce of success when you are one of the lowest budgets in a very competitive Championship. Rowett seems a safe if unspectacular pair of hands. I can’t see Berylson being daft enough to sack him even if they get relegated. Which I think is highly unlikely.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    The key to Millwalls survival is Berylson, just like every other season. He has the club running well and knows when to spend just enough when it’s needed. It’s a tough job trying to squeeze out every ounce of success when you are one of the lowest budgets in a very competitive Championship. Rowett seems a safe if unspectacular pair of hands. I can’t see Berylson being daft enough to sack him even if they get relegated. Which I think is highly unlikely.

True - I just don’t get what he gets out of it - if i was rich enough to spend £8m a year in charlton I would but he’s American and doesn’t even go - odd 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

True - I just don’t get what he gets out of it - if i was rich enough to spend £8m a year in charlton I would but he’s American and doesn’t even go - odd 
    He quite often comes over for games. 

Initially drawn to us because of the redevelopment but has since fallen in love with Millwall  
    Fallen in love with Millwall. 
    This is your best ever post on here.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Initially drawn to us because of the redevelopment but has since fallen in love with Millwall  
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    What does that say about all my previous ones? 🤷🏻😂

it’s true though. I’ve met him on a few occasions. Absolutely loves us. He’d have to wouldn’t he? I mean why would he have stuck around for so long and keep funding us? 

I know you may find this hard to comprehend, being a charlton fan, but there’s a lot to love about little old Smallwall, if you come to us with an unbiased view, as he did. Look beyond the stereotype. 

Just because Danish Dave has fallen out of love with you lot quicker than you can say “you’ll never beat Millwall”. Maybe it’s just we’re a bit more endearing. 😉
  • Options

Spot on - much as I loathe Millwall I have to admit that Berylson has run the club fantastically well, they are operating above their station.

I am not saying that disrespectfully either, look at the size of some of the clubs in League One, some of them are far bigger than Millwall yet they are now an established Championship team.

Thats why it cracks me up when I see Millwall fans, especially that chap on Lions TV, calling for Rowett to be sacked! The bloke is doing a fantastic job just by keeping Millwall in the Championship.
  • Options

Spot on - much as I loathe Millwall I have to admit that Berylson has run the club fantastically well, they are operating above their station.

I am not saying that disrespectfully either, look at the size of some of the clubs in League One, some of them are far bigger than Millwall yet they are now an established Championship team.

Thats why it cracks me up when I see Millwall fans, especially that chap on Lions TV, calling for Rowett to be sacked! The bloke is doing a fantastic job just by keeping Millwall in the Championship.
    Indeed one can only hope that they drive Rowett out, so that he can be replaced by someone useless...
  • Options
    Luckily for us our ‘blip’ is occurring early in the season. If Rowett doesn’t sort it out in the next couple of months and we’re still around the relegation zone a few months in, he’ll be replaced. 

Our squad has enough about it to easily avoid relegation, with the right man at the helm, getting the best out of them. 
    What happened to the Dutch guy you signed for decent money? He had a good record and was supposed to be the next best thing, but i don't think i've heard his name mentioned since.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    DOUCHER said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    What does that say about all my previous ones? 🤷🏻😂

it’s true though. I’ve met him on a few occasions. Absolutely loves us. He’d have to wouldn’t he? I mean why would he have stuck around for so long and keep funding us? 

I know you may find this hard to comprehend, being a charlton fan, but there’s a lot to love about little old Smallwall, if you come to us with an unbiased view, as he did. Look beyond the stereotype. 

Just because Danish Dave has fallen out of love with you lot quicker than you can say “you’ll never beat Millwall”. Maybe it’s just we’re a bit more endearing. 😉
    He can love you all he likes, as long as he doesn’t win you your first ever trophy, I can live with that 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    To buy a football club and invest a fair amount of your own money you have to be a bit mad. No wonder Berylson loves millwall. 

Tbf he is on the right side of mad. Our major problem (leaving the spivs and crooks to one side) our last two and you could count Murray in this, have serious ego issues. No doubt if they had bought Millwall they would also fall out of love and of course favour with the fan base. 

In the case of sandgarrd we had such a shit time before and he "saved" us means we gave him the benefit of the doubt when it came to his outlandish expectations of where we would be in the near future and of course his garish behavior.

Unfortunately he hasn't done what I think any fan of any club wants. Have an owner who can converse and engage with the fans and supports the coaches and management in creating a competitive team. Cos ultimately the team on the pitch is really all that matters, plus the ground in our case, which we still don't have. And of course running costs. Without of course moaning about any aspect of having to pick up the tab on all that and more. Ain't asking much is it?? 
  • Options
    Luckily for us our ‘blip’ is occurring early in the season. If Rowett doesn’t sort it out in the next couple of months and we’re still around the relegation zone a few months in, he’ll be replaced. 

Our squad has enough about it to easily avoid relegation, with the right man at the helm, getting the best out of them. 
    What happened to the Dutch guy you signed for decent money? He had a good record and was supposed to be the next best thing, but i don't think i've heard his name mentioned since.
    Scored today (chalked up as an OG by the keeper, though, unfortunately). Hit the post as well (also hit the bar in midweek) and has generally been slowly introduced but looks a decent player.

Our best player today, for me.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Any chance you could ask him if he has a friend with a similar outlook ( and dosh !) looking to buy a famous old football club in South London ? 

We'd give him ALL the love he could possibly handle.
  • Options
    Watching the highlights, a big miss by Voglsammer which could have got Millwall a point. Shame  ;)
  • Options
    Yep fingers crossed we can keep the 1 division difference between us both in May when we go down and they drop to league 1.
  • Options
    Watching the highlights, a big miss by Voglsammer which could have got Millwall a point. Shame  ;)
    Watch the highlights from todays match. You'll love the first goal  ;)
  • Options
    What's a goal?
  • Options
    Watch the highlights from todays match. You'll love the first goal  ;)
    Flemming seems to have settled in well. Unfortunately!
  • Options
    Bumped this as I need some cheering up today. Not that I think for one second that relegation is remotely on the cards but after last season’s heroic efforts and missing out on the playoffs by the smallest of margins its reassuring to see the spanner’s reverting to type and calling for Rowett’s head so early in the campaign. I think repeating last seasons over achieving was always going to be tough for Millwall but a very secure mid table position looks to me at least the very worst they can expect. 
  • Options
    Yes, a distraction can be a tonic.

I would just like to wish them the very worst for the season. I am sure the spawny gits will escape any relegation woes,  but where there is hope, as they say...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumped this as I need some cheering up today. Not that I think for one second that relegation is remotely on the cards but after last season’s heroic efforts and missing out on the playoffs by the smallest of margins its reassuring to see the spanner’s reverting to type and calling for Rowett’s head so early in the campaign. I think repeating last seasons over achieving was always going to be tough for Millwall but a very secure mid table position looks to me at least the very worst they can expect. 
    hope not - i think they are in a relegation nosedive - one of the few positives at the moment 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    DOUCHER said:
    hope not - i think they are in a relegation nosedive - one of the few positives at the moment 

As things stand, I’d say you have more chance of relegation than us this season. We haven’t become a bad team over night, and we actually strengthened in the summer. There’s just something not right in the camp at the moment. Get that sorted, whatever it may be, and we’ll be fine. Probably nearer not mid table than the play offs but no where near relegation. 

For the record, I don’t think either of us will get relegated. But if I had to have money on one it would be your lot (can feel a little charity bet coming up 😁)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

As things stand, I’d say you have more chance of relegation than us this season. We haven’t become a bad team over night, and we actually strengthened in the summer. There’s just something not right in the camp at the moment. Get that sorted, whatever it may be, and we’ll be fine. Probably nearer not mid table than the play offs but no where near relegation. 

For the record, I don’t think either of us will get relegated. But if I had to have money on one it would be your lot (can feel a little charity bet coming up 😁)
    Didn’t I say that you wouldn’t be relegated or even near it ? We can hope though.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Didn’t I say that you wouldn’t be relegated or even near it ? We can hope though.
    Sorry, I was replying to @D@DOUCHER
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    DOUCHER said:

Go on - I’ll have the seasonal bet with you. You name the stake and the loser donates the stake to the winner’s chosen charity - The Christie for me.

P.S. In the unlikely event of both finishing in the same position, both charities are winners.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:

Go on - I’ll have the seasonal bet with you. You name the stake and the loser donates the stake to the winner’s chosen charity - The Christie for me.
    Ok cool, what we going to have? One of the teams getting relegated? Or the standard who finishes highest in their respective leagues? I can go up to a bullseye. My charity will be the Jimmy Mizen foundation as usual. A charity very close to my heart. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:

Ok cool, what we going to have? One of the teams getting relegated? Or the standard who finishes highest in their respective leagues? I can go up to a bullseye. My charity will be the Jimmy Mizen foundation as usual. A charity very close to my heart. 
    See my P.S. league position.

Bullseye it is.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:

See my P.S. league position.

Bullseye it is.
    Nice one. 👍🏻
  • Options
    I’ll hold the monies 👍
  • Options
    Every year we do this ... it does seem odd how after a good opening day win Millwall have done a Charlton though. I suspect they're a decent outside bet for promotion if whatever is going wrong gets fixed. I'm not sure we are  :#