Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys Of Summer 2019

123457»

Comments

• I’ve no idea which way this is going now.
    Houston have the momentum now, so are probably favourites, but who can tell?
    Could be a classic series.
  • Astros in the driving seat now. Even if they lose tonight I would fancy them to win the last 2 games back in Houston, but I think they might do it in 6 anyway.
  • 3- 2 Astros.

No home wins in five games and now back to Houston.

• edited October 2019
    I saw on the TV it’s only the third time in World Series history that the first five games have all been won by the away team.

1906 and 1996 the only other times.

Each time the series has ended 4-2. Can the Nationals force a deciding 7th game?
  • edited October 2019
    Nats win game six 7-2 and so game seven is coming tomorrow. It'll be Scherzer vs Greinke.

First time in MLB, NBA and NHL history combined that the away team has won six games on the road.
  • Bizarre sequence of results.
  • Cracking series.
    Final game: Greinke vs Scherzer
    Can’t call it either way.
  • Such an entertaining series. 
    It’s been impossible to call almost right up to the end. 
    Both teams have been awesome and both deserved to be there. Incredible that all 7 games were won by the visiting side too. But the Nats have come back from the brink time and time again.

Congratulations to World Series Champs Washington Nationals - well deserved.
    Got to feel sorry for the Astros - must be heartbreaking to lose after playing so well.
  • Congrats Nationals.

From 2-0 down through six innings to winning 6-2 after nine. They’ve pulled it out of the bag all the way through the playoffs and game seven was no exception.
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    Game 1 @ Houston - won by Washington
    Game 2 @ Houston - won by Washington

Game 3 @ Washington - won by Houston
    Game 4 @ Washington - won by Houston
    Game 5 @ Washington - won by Houston

Game 6 @ Houston - won by Washington
    Game 7 @ Houston - won by Washington

As HI said, what a bizarre sequence of results made even more bizarre with another away win.
  • edited October 2019
    Incredible.
    Congrats to the Nats. Great effort, great team, worthy Champs.
  • Well done the Nats.

One of the many great things about baseball is it unpredictable and throws up different champions every year.

What sport can I follow between now and April.
  • Well done the Nats. Without looking, how many teams have won the World Series...   
  • Well done the Nats. Without looking, how many teams have won the World Series...   
    Not sure but now the Nats have won only six current sides haven't won it.
  • Delighted about the result, I was terrified that the Nats had thrown it away (though as a Cardinals fan, my feelings are a bit mixed).

One of the things I love about baseball is its ability to provide the opportunity for every dog to have its day, there have been some wonderful, if overly-sentimental, examples of this in the last 10 years or so...

• One of the things I love about baseball is its ability to provide the opportunity for every dog to have its day
    Except for the Seattle Mariners.