Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys Of Summer 2019

Comments

• Mess of a season in SF, but at least the evil Dodger's wait goes on... :D
  • edited October 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emWq1Dv579Q

Love it!!
    Braves and Dodgers choke again. 
    COYRedbirds. Keep eatin' boys!!!!
  • Astros favourites but as already shown regular season form doesn't matter.

Obviously want the cardinals to win but would be good to have a new name so Washington if not cards.

Not sure about Astros being favourites. Yanks, after a mini slump at the end of the regular season, have now hit form just as the postseason started and have had two extra days of rest. They’ll take some beating.
    Nats have also hit some form with a recent record of 12-2, with those 2 defeats coming at the hands of the Dodgers in the NLDS.

I’d love it to be the Nats winning it all, but I’ll take Astros or Cards all day.
    As long as it isn’t the damn Yanks!
  • I’m saying Cardinals Yankees and Yankees will win it in five.
  • I’m saying Cardinals Yankees and Yankees will win it in five.
    Eurgh.
    A bit of sick just came up.
  • Nats go one up in St Louis.
    Sánchez looked like throwing a no hitter for a while too, so the bullpen got a handy rest.
  • Awesome performance to limit the Cardinals to just a single hit.
  • edited October 2019
    Wonder how Bryce Harper is feeling now watching the Nats playing like this, this season.
  • Shildt Out

Cards either hot or cold, never warm
  • cafckev said:
    Wonder how Bryce Harper is feeling now watching the Nats playing like this, this season.
    To give a typical response: I’m sure the $25 million per year for the next 13 years will help him get over it.

Seriously though, baseball players switch teams for the contract, not because they think they have more chance of winning something. It’s just the way it is in US sports.
    If Leicester were to win the Premier league again, you could say that about Harry Maguire, because players often cite ‘I want to win trophies’ in their reasons for moving. They don’t do that in baseball.

You could say it’s unfortunate timing for Harper, but that’s all.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019

COYRedbirds. Keep eatin' boys!!!!
    Hmm.....Redbirds suffering a spot of indigestion   :s
  • Zero hits for the Cardinals through six innings.

Nationals lead game two 1-0.
  • Game two is far from over, but the Nats have picked up where they left off yesterday.
    Max Scherzer has just pitched 6 hitless innings and is on for his own no hitter today. (It’s not likely though, as he’s already thrown over 90 pitches.)

Its not even like the Cards have pitched badly, because the Nats have only scored twice yesterday and once so far today.
    They've just come up against two pitchers doing the business. (Three if you include Doolittle’s flawless relief last night)

Anyway, score is 1-0 Nats at the 7th inning stretch. We’ll see how far Scherzer goes...
  • Base hit for the Cardinals in the seventh!
  • And with that, Scherz concedes a hit!
  • edited October 2019
    Nationals win game two 3-1 and lead the best of seven series 2-0.
  • Nats win 3-1.
    That’s a 2-0 lead coming back to DC.

Pitching masterclass these last 2 nights.
  • Interesting side note is that St Louis went 22 consecutive innings without scoring (6 innings against the Braves, 9 yesterday and 7 today) which I think is a postseason record, but weirdly, in that same game against the braves, they set the postseason record for most runs scored in a first inning (10).

This might be the only game to set both a high scoring and low scoring record for the same team.
  • Cards doing it the hard way again
  • edited October 2019
    Cards doing it the hard way again
    Grim stuff from the Cards - surely must change the line up now.
    Feel sorry for Waino - pitching brilliantly twice post season, both times in vain.
    Nats look by far the better team all over and if we can't get their bullpen into the game earlier, we're screwed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seem to have reverted to earlier regular season form when we had a hitting slump.

Didn't see last night's game so can't really comment on details.

Nats seem to be the classic late run team in form.
  • edited October 2019
    Walk off home run in the 11th inning for Carlos Correa and the ALCS is level at 1-1...

Guess who stayed up an extra hour waiting for that only to miss the moment because he was in the loo?
  • Pleasing to see the Astros do the dirty cheating yanks in 11. Series tied 1-1 heading to New York.
    Most pleasing of all was that the walkoff homer came straight after Gary Sanchez told the umpire he got a foul tip, when he blatantly didn’t. Then proceeded to have a hissy fit when he got called out on strikes the next ball. I’m pretty sure the ump knew he’d fucked up, because it was a generous strike call. Haha!

Those bloody Yankees. I can’t stand them. With their stupid faux corporate no beards rule and their apparent willingness to evoke the spirit of Alex Roidriguez and his inability to play the game honestly. They turn my stomach.
    Come on you Astros. Rub their noses in it.
  • Surely we see Gerrit Cole in game three?
  • Surely we see Gerrit Cole in game three?
    Absolutely. They’ve confirmed it.
  • Great third inning for the Nationals and they lead 4-0 in game three...
  • Great third inning for the Nationals and they lead 4-0 in game three...
    Costly drop by Osuna - should’ve ended the inning at 1-0.
  • Now 6-0 after five played...
  • Nats are looking terrific right now.
    Cards are all but out of it, but you never know...
    Coming back from 3-0 down - it’s been done before, once, in the best ALCS ever, but never in the NLCS.